Urge incontence

Status
Not open for further replies.

makena43

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am confuse on this. Do you have it if you have like 15 minutes of holdimg power. It comes. Now and you need to go. What about drink 2 cups of coffee. Plus water during a workout. Then pee so many times during morning. Is that urge incontience?

No, that’s not urge incontinence.

What do i have?

So only a doctor can tell you. What kind of incontence you have vs looking around on google.

Okay thank u. I hope I am not making another reason for. Making diaper okay to family

I have urge incontinence. I do wear diapers everyday. They are Tranquility SmartCore. The best thing about them is that they are cloth backed with Velcro tabs. I can unfasten and refasten them multiple times. If I can’t make it to the bathroom in time, the diaper holds a lot.

So what. Are the symptoms of your. Incontence?

I get the feeling I have to go and go badly. It doesn’t happen all the time though. There are days when my bladder acts normal. I have been to the urologist and he can’t explain why my bladder is acting up. He did say that my bladder isn’t releasing everything and that could give me the feeling that I have to go a lot and badly at times. I have done my research and any surgeries are usually a temporary fix or they cause more problems. I am fine with wearing diapers. I get to live my life without worrying. My girlfriend, my kids and my close family knows. They do understand completely.

Reactions: lilran
I feel the same according to your first sentence. I have a hard time. Making sure I empty the bladder. Sometimes it comes on and I just go. So I must have it

It is aggravating, but I’m not going to let it change my life. The diapers I wear help give me peace of mind and no-one has noticed it. I really don’t care if people do though, because I don’t really have a choice. Either take a chance at wetting my pants or wetting a diaper. My parents, girlfriend and kids know. That’s all that needs to know other than the military. The military knows and I might be medically discharged because of it. It is service connected to the military.

I feel the same. But do i have urge incontinence? I hope the bottom line is not you are looking for a medical condition so your family has to accept it okay base on the. Medical need

If you can make it to the toilet you are not suffering from incontinence. If you have UIC you can't control your voiding anymore or loose uncontrolled urine.

So in your case this might be an over active bladder or a UTI. One indicators for OAB (dry) is that you need to use the toilet more then 8 times over the day time or two times in the night. If the problems just had started it's a good idea to visit a doc, because it's most likely an UTI. If you have it for a longer time also a doc may help here. The keys to get an improvement with OAB here are:

• make sure that your bladder volume is high enough ( > 250ml a doc can check this)
  • make sure you drink enough (concentrated urine case more urges)
  • make sure that you spread the liquid intake over the day (2 litres minimum - not all at ones...)
  • don't drink thinks that contain high amounts of acids (e.g. pure orangejuce), coffee or beer...
  • Don't eat very spicy food

How ever, it's allways a good idea to check all of this with a doc - there are a lot of way's to cope with OAB without diapers - or at last to reduce accidents significantly...

Reactions: makena43
My medical need was caused while being overseas. My kids found out from my ex. I’m in the process of getting divorced and she was mad at me for showing up at the guys house she was cheating on me with. She was at the guys house with our kids. She told my son that I wore diapers and it’s disgusting. I didn’t want my family to know. I did tell my girlfriend before we started dating about my problem. She doesn’t care about it. She is happy with who I am.

It does make sense that I have overactive bladder I do think I have short holding abilities. My family knows I go so many times. When out in town or going to the movies. I love wearing diaper and their times I wish I had a diaper on. So. Is having overactive bladder. A. Very good reason to wear diapers if someone ask or persist on saying you dont need diaper you are not incontinence?

:)... I think - if you like diapers wear diapers. It matters little if you wear them because you UIC or because you like to wear them. If someone ask - well it probably depends on how brave you are... But if you search for an excuse - way not. If you have some one special in mind who come up with such stupid arguments it depends on you but I think accidents may happen just to prove your are right ;-)...

So I should. Be Doing kegals excise and change diaper 3 hours. And change my diet?

Urinary frequency can also be the result of urinary retention. If you aren’t emptying completely, you will urinate more. But you’d need a doctor to determine that - probably via ultrasound. The doctor then would need to figure out why.

As others said, you need to see a doctor, as there are a myriad of possible causes of your symptoms. But there is no way you can determine the cause on your own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back