Urethral Reconstruction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozziebee

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
What does this mean?

I went into hospital on Thursday for day surgery, for a cystoscopy under GA. At that time, the Urologist found they could only get a 14fr catheter into me after dilation.

When I was in the Discharge Lounge, my doc had a chat, showed me photos of the cystoscopy results, said I was to see her in 3 months for a flow test, and then suggested that I may need an urethral reconstruction due to the strictures I have.

That's scary stuff. She wouldn't bring that up if she didn't think it was necessary, so what's the risk here?

Slomo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I'm there now too. Except my urologist can't do it because my stricture is up too high in my prostate (and blocked by my hip bones).

A urethral reconstruction is where they cut you open from anus to scrotum. They physically go in and find your urethra where its blocked. They section out the bad area and stitch the ends back together (or add in a graph is it's too big of an area). Then they sew you back up with a catheter for you to heal up in a month. You will also need two weeks off for recovery, minimum. Three if you can swing it.

The youtube video is pretty graphic. Not for the faint if heart, but it will show you more than you'll need to know about it.

And the stupid thing about it, is that I'd jump on getting it done asap. Seriously... I had a supra pubic diversion for six months. That was six months of constant pain, and not something I want to go through again. The surgery, and recovery- that's nothing in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.