Update on that MAGA hat wearing teenager in DC.

Bass

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
https://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/an6vek
What did we learn? To look at both sides of the story? To listen to what every party has to say? To not judge based on 15 seconds of video? Shouldn’t we already know this?

I was guilty too. I wrote that kid off as a disrespectful prick. I never wished him any harm, but I didn’t do my fair share of research and I feel guilty for judging.

That kids life was destroyed, all so the media could paint a horrible picture of a ‘typical trump supporter’.

I don’t like Trump. I really don’t. But I don’t like that child’s life being over before it started so somebody could push their political opinion over the edge.

I don’t like getting politcal, but I feel like everybody should see this, to get an idea on what’s going on with our news, and our politics. This whole scenario is the exact reason why I don’t like to form politcial opinions. I apologize for the rant.

ozziebee

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
It astounds me that people so very quickly jump on the "bandwagon" hyped and perpetuated by the mainstream media. Don't you all see who the real problem is here? It is the media, who get paid to use their reach and influence to sway popular opinion.

We have this same problem over here in Australia. The government's own broadcast channel (ABC) has used a popular TV show to literally throw whole industries under the proverbial bus, all for political point-scoring with the Left.

We had the Greyhound racing industry darn near shutdown by a story broadcast by the ABC, focused on a couple of dog trainers. It turned out later that the footage used by the ABC was of greyhound dog trainers in the US doing bad things to their dogs, and not giving appropriate context. The NSW government lost long-held seats, and heads rolled, over that fiasco.

The same show documented cruelty within a juvenile detention centre called Don Dale in the NT, deliberately displaying graphic photos of a kid with his head in a hood. With no further information as to the circumstances of the kid bound into a chair with the hood on, that photo was provocative in the extreme. It later turned out (boom tish) that the kid was being restrained in a chair with a spit hood on, because he had a history of spitting at the guards, and was being quite violent to the guards and his fellow inmates. It was standard practice to use a spit hood in that case, as transmission of diseases is a real risk. But no context was given by the media. That kid was in detention for a reason - he and his gang mates decided to roam the streets, and knocked down an innocent elderly guy to steal some money. That kid later got money off the government, press coverage, was held up as a model kid by the Left, but later went on to reoffend...

Fast forward to a week or so ago, it was disclosed reluctantly by the press that Animals Australia paid large sums of money to crew members working on a ship used to send live cattle to the Middle East. The crew set up and filmed animals in distress, then sent the footage to AA, who sent it to the same ABC show, which effectively forced the live cattle export industry to be shut down by the Australian government. The crew made those animals sick, then filmed the result.

Lots and lots of people were sucked in by these falsehoods.

There's always more than one side to a story.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
This is the worst aspect of social media. Everything is out there and everything is an instant sound byte. The problem is that most issues are complex, sometimes with many sides. We and especially the media should always remember that a kid is just a kid, not an adult, and they shouldn't be judged as if they are an adult. We have a responsibility to train, teach and especially, love and take care of our children.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Unfortunately because more than 50% of the people that even voted were already against Trump, and (most of) The Media is Anti-Trump and brings up something bad about Trump every single day, it doesn't even matter if it is relevant to The Presidency and most of the time it seems like it has nothing to do with the Presidency at all.

All of this Bad Media has most of the people that were even willing to give Trump a chance jumping ship to being Anti-Trump as well; and unfortunately wearing a MAGA Hat transfers the Hate that people have for Trump onto whoever wears the MAGA Hat.

There have been multiple stories of people being treated badly in public at businesses that are supposed to be professional, treat their customers like they are valued, and serve them; regardless of where on the Political Spectrum their customers fall.

I think people need to go back to treating people like they want to be treated and stop this "He/She is a Trump Supporter, they must be a horrible person" and you may as well apply this same line of thinking to all kinds of other things people judge others So Harshly for; because there are too many Labels of all sorts that can make such a huge difference in how one person treats another and it is so beyond ridiculous I couldn't even find the right words.

PCPilot

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
All of this Bad Media has most of the people that were even willing to give Trump a chance jumping ship to being Anti-Trump as well; and unfortunately wearing a MAGA Hat transfers the Hate that people have for Trump onto whoever wears the MAGA Hat.
Sort of like how Fox News spent the eight years of the Obama presidency. Now you know how it feels when the shoe is on the other foot. FOX News is so bad that they have people resigning in embarrassment because of how they turned into a cheerleader for Trump. They are the American Pravda.

There have been multiple stories of people being treated badly in public at businesses that are supposed to be professional, treat their customers like they are valued, and serve them; regardless of where on the Political Spectrum their customers fall.
Wow, sort of like how gays have been treated by Evangelicals? I'm shocked, shocked to hear that people don't like being treated badly based on how they live their lives! I wish conservatives had this epiphany about 100 years ago.

American conservatives have been downright jerks to immigrants, gays and anyone who didn't share their view of the world. Their support of Trump is based on a "zero-sum" view of the world; Trump isn't doing much to help them, but he is perceived to be hurting liberals, and in their world pain to their opponents is perceived as a win for them. It's rather sad, to be honest. What they don't realize is that Americans are fundamentally decent, non-ideological and more importantly blue states are economically stronger and growing, unlike red states. When even Georgia is starting to turn purple, you're in trouble.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Except how many news stations are there?

I know there are a lot of them that arent Fox.

And believing that people have an exact set of ideals due to which presidential candidate they supported/voted for is exactly what I'm talking about that is so toxic and is what is resulting in people being treated as less than human just for wearing the MAGA Hat.

Kinda ironic that (some of) the people that wanted Trump to lose stating that they would be "in fear for their lives if he won" actually ending up being the aggressive ones and were attacking people that either said they supported Trump or were seen wearing the MAGA Hat.

Daddy Niles

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
Sort of like how Fox News spent the eight years of the Obama presidency. Now you know how it feels when the shoe is on the other foot. FOX News is so bad that they have people resigning in embarrassment because of how they turned into a cheerleader for Trump. They are the American Pravda.

Wow, sort of like how gays have been treated by Evangelicals? I'm shocked, shocked to hear that people don't like being treated badly based on how they live their lives! I wish conservatives had this epiphany about 100 years ago.

American conservatives have been downright jerks to immigrants, gays and anyone who didn't share their view of the world. Their support of Trump is based on a "zero-sum" view of the world; Trump isn't doing much to help them, but he is perceived to be hurting liberals, and in their world pain to their opponents is perceived as a win for them. It's rather sad, to be honest. What they don't realize is that Americans are fundamentally decent, non-ideological and more importantly blue states are economically stronger and growing, unlike red states. When even Georgia is starting to turn purple, you're in trouble.
I honestly have to wonder if you realize how radical you sound, or maybe you're just trolling...

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
When I first heard about this, i was pretty much ignoring it. I am getting tried of hearing MAGA hat drama. Standing there with a smug look on your face with a MAGA hat on does not look well for you, regardless of context.

As I said in another thread, what that MAGA hat turned to truly stand for, it is little difference then a KKK hood at this point. You have the source, the person that spreads this propaganda phrase has shown though speech of negative views of woman, Mexicans, Muslims, tries to pass policies that violate the Constitution, and much more. So when you see someone advertising their support to a man that has done many wrongs, how do you think people will act?

Everyone I see with that hat on I assume is uninformed or does not understand what he is doing. Some wear it because they want to "trigger liberals (PEOPLE FLAT OUT TOLD ME THIS, I am not assuming here.) I would love to go back in time and ask how our founding fathers feel about voting someone in just to "trigger" people, even if that person does everything in their power to lead the country down the abyss.

I am also sick of hearing about media bias. Yes it exists, anyone informed would known this before trump. But now because of trump, people blow it out of proportion as an excuse to patriot real fake news to lead a man arming himself to a business that has nothing to do with anything other then be a victim of Alex Jones tinfoil BS or however pizzagate started to tell "wikileaks" that.

Regardless, the reaction to these kids from some was really out of line, I really dislike the current state of the USA, and trump increasing that divide from side A hearing wall, America great! patriotic!! and side B seeing a racist spew propaganda.

I agree with this, with the vibe I get from "conservatives"(alt right maybe, hence the quote, and I do realize not all fit this.) is they do no wrong, trump : fox fox fox, when in reality it is no different then CNN or whatever, but the "right wing" version of it. It is one thing to talk about how the media is an issue, but it is a whole other when you have TRUMP tell people, fox ok, CNN bad. It is so damn hypocritical.

Again while I agree it was wrong with how these kids where treated, i think it would be a good idea take another prospective on this. Don't be a billboard for political views outside appropriate settings. Say if I wear a feminist shirt, I might get my self in trouble from unwanted attention from those that think I might be standing for tumblr feminist and being a man hater. If I wear an anti feminist shirt (to be against the tumblr feminist group) a different group of people may confront me thinking I am a woman hater and that I want to be in my 1960's role. You can't win being an Ad for some political statement, 24/7. Someone will try to use you for a narrative or harm you, so it is a good idea not to, unless in appropriate setting.

Last edited:

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well, if it wasn't Trump we were gonna end up with Hillary, that is the bad reality with this 2 Party system where the final 2 Candidates (one Republican, and one Democrat) get almost 100% of the votes.

Unfortunately sometimes it seems like you are stuck with 2 bad choices and it is just a matter of voting for "the lesser of two evils" ; and it is basically impossible to really know 100% whether we ended up with the lesser of two evils or the greater of two evils.

I like to try to remain neutral and see where things go and unfortunately we seem screwed on that part when anything Trump tries to do (even if it is actually a good thing, and believe it or not some of his ideas are actually good ideas that should be in place) is gonna be met with great opposition.

On Trumps side he said he would "Make America Great Again" and end foreign governments meddling in our politics which both sound like good ideas, and even the "Wall" doesn't seem like a terrible idea (it's not Anti-immigration, its Anti-Illegal-Immigration) besides the massive amount of money it would cost which would likely be a waste of that money as I doubt it would accomplish much in the end.

On Hillary's side, she had this weird motto "I'm with Her" and I'm sure I am far from the only one that was thinking "what does that even mean?" and she was bought and paid for by the Government of some Muslim country (in The Middle East) ; which you know means she would have ended up doing all sorts of favors for that government, even if it was bad for us.

I'm not Glorifying Trump, nor Demonizing Hillary, just saying that it really seems like we had 2 bad "Final Choices" and at least it seemed like Trump had planned something good, even if he had no clue how to do it.

I really have no clue what Hillary would have actually done, especially considering I believe all Politicians are liars promising one thing and usually doing the exact opposite.

I know at one point Hillary as a Senator had tried to put some Law into effect that would essentially make buying an M Rated video game like trying to buy Cigarettes or Alcohol, you would have had to have ID on you all the time or "sorry we cant sell you that game" or maybe they would go as far as Walmart would and if you were in a group and one person had no ID, "no video game for you because somebody in your group may be a minor" (odd if I try to buy a non-alcoholic flavor pouch meant to be mixed with Alcohol at Walmart ID is required and in a group 1 person without ID means no sale, but if I wanted to buy 1.75L of Hard Liquor at the Liquor store, chances are they wouldn't even ask for ID, but that's another issue)

That goes for Trump too as he became a "politician" when he won and became president, even though he is more like a Businessman playing the role of President.

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
I like to try to remain neutral and see where things go and unfortunately we seem screwed on that part when anything Trump tries to do (even if it is actually a good thing, and believe it or not some of his ideas are actually good ideas that should be in place) is gonna be met with great opposition.
Name one, because articulating your IDEA WELL IS PART OF THE JOB TRUMP CAN'T DO!! No matter what it is, even if it is a somewhat sound idea, says something off the wall wrong you double think and wonder if he is taking the correct approach to achieving something, or he wants to achieve something good, while missing the mark how to go about it, fumbling a minor detail that will lead to lots of problems. Best I can think of, off the top my head is addressing obama care changes.
That goes for Trump too as he became a "politician" when he won and became president, even though he is more like a Businessman playing the role of President.
NO! NO!NO!
he is not a business man. He is a daddy give me money so I can play guesses till I make lots of money off something, then file for bankruptcy on others. Oh daddy? make sure to give me more money to cover my bankruptcies so I can keep my good businesses.

He is a person that tries to act smart and tries to act like he is talking about. He is more like..... a common twitter troll with power... uh... actually he is a twitter troll.. and a president... hard to explain what I mean when it is a literal fit.... We need more global waming.

Last edited:

Andybun

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
When I first heard about this, i was pretty much ignoring it. I am getting tried of hearing MAGA hat drama. Standing there with a smug look on your face with a MAGA hat on does not look well for you, regardless of context.

As I said in another thread, what that MAGA hat turned to truly stand for, it is little difference then a KKK hood at this point. You have the source, the person that spreads this propaganda phrase has shown though speech of negative views of woman, Mexicans, Muslims, tries to pass policies that violate the Constitution, and much more. So when you see someone advertising their support to a man that has done many wrongs, how do you think people will act?

Everyone I see with that hat on I assume is uninformed or does not understand what he is doing. Some wear it because they want to "trigger liberals (PEOPLE FLAT OUT TOLD ME THIS, I am not assuming here.) I would love to go back in time and ask how our founding fathers feel about voting someone in just to "trigger" people, even if that person does everything in their power to lead the country down the abyss.

I am also sick of hearing about media bias. Yes it exists, anyone informed would known this before trump. But now because of trump, people blow it out of proportion as an excuse to patriot real fake news to lead a man arming himself to a business that has nothing to do with anything other then be a victim of Alex Jones tinfoil BS or however pizzagate started to tell "wikileaks" that.

Regardless, the reaction to these kids from some was really out of line, I really dislike the current state of the USA, and trump increasing that divide from side A hearing wall, America great! patriotic!! and side B seeing a racist spew propaganda.

I agree with this, with the vibe I get from "cconservatives"(alt right maybe, hence the quote, and I do realize not all fit this.) is they do no wrong, trump : fox fox fox, when in reality it is no different then CNN or whatever, but the "right wing" version of it. It is one thing to talk about how the media is an issue, but it is a whole other when you have TRUMP tell people, fox ok, CNN bad. It is so damn hypocritical.
Maybe I'm just old enough or I've learned to pull and form my opinions from different sources.
As you maybe know, I grew up next to the iron curtains most Western outpost which used to be the inner German border, that divided Western Germany, garrisoned by French, English and American forces, from the Eastern part under Russian control.
Back in these days, shortwave radio was much more present and popular than it is today. Some would turn it on to listen to the radio pirates such as Radio Caroline for music that usually didn't get airplay at the local mainstream stations. And back in these days almost every country had its own station to serve their people in foreign countries but also to spread out their own propaganda into the world. On shortwave it was very easy since shortwave radio allows broadcasting over several thousands of miles.
Examples of this can still be found today with the Voice of (North-) Korea and the IRIB, the broadcasting service of the Islamic Republic or Iran.
Back in the day, we had the Eastern German service Radio Berlin as well as the Voice of Russia hailing from the East while our Deutsche Welle, the BBC Worldservice and Voice of America sent their views from the western parts.
Each of this five services would proclaim an own but different version of the news and soon I learnt to not to believe into that one service but pulling out of it what remained once all the propagandistic stuff had been removed. And I remember very well, that my folks didn't like very much that I listened to Eastern services.

Which leads me todays situation with tv channels as well as new media and how to handle it today.
It is completely indifferent to the hayday of shortwave radio in regards of how to handle news. What has become different though, is that a lot of 'new media' is adding 'news' and also 'fake news' today. And then you have tv-channels inside just one country that, more or less, cover a political direction. Some may be more on the left side, some further on the right side while some cover a liberal position. The situation though, is indifferent to the days of the big foreign services. I still overlay the same news report from different sources and cut off the populistic as well as propagandistic stuff away. What remains, will be an almost neutral news. The smallest possible cut between all sources, so to say. Fake news are rather easy to make out this way, too, because in the overlay fake news won't have any touching points with above mentioned pretty much neutral news.

What I miss these days is a much more critical dealing of the single person with the news. In many places you can find people who are holding their forts and happily repeat the source of news they seem to believe in. Even during the hayday of shortwave radio it was like this, but now it seemingly got worse.

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Maybe I'm just old enough or I've learned to pull and form my opinions from different sources.
As you maybe know, I grew up next to the iron curtains most Western outpost which used to be the inner German border, that divided Western Germany, garrisoned by French, English and American forces, from the Eastern part under Russian control.
I did not, that is amazing to know, different experience and neat to hear from such point of view.

I may be missing your point though so let me put it in my own words and tell me if I am getting it or not. The message I am getting is, back then it was more common to know to listen to different sources to get a full picture of the situation, vs now people tend to only use one source (like trump going fox, fox, fox, fox) and that TRUE fake news (flat out lies) is worse now then, then?

Andybun

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I did not, that is amazing to know, different experience and neat to hear from such point of view.

I may be missing your point though so let me put it in my own words and tell me if I am getting it or not. The message I am getting is, back then it was more common to know to listen to different sources to get a full picture of the situation, vs now people tend to only use one source (like trump going fox, fox, fox, fox) and that TRUE fake news (flat out lies) is worse now then, then?
It is indeed.
People do not like to investigate too much anymore and buy what they are told, from the one source they like most.
When it would be necessecary to listen or to view more than the one presented with.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Trump has no good ideas? His slogan was "Make America Great Again" how is that bad?

Also the Trade War, though it ended up having consequences (which should have been realized before it was put in place) has good intentions behind it as well.

And the Wall is intended to counteract Illegal Immigration, also not a bad thing.

Last edited:

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Trump has no good ideas? His slogan was "Make America Great Again" how is that bad?
Because its a F*** lie and only said for a cult following.

First off, "Make America great AGAIN, implies it was not great at some point. I disagree with this. We were always great, you can be great but still have imperfections to iron out. second off you fell for the very thing I spoke in my post " articulating your IDEA WELL IS PART OF THE JOB TRUMP CAN'T DO" and "or he wants to achieve something good, while missing the mark how to go about it, fumbling a minor detail that will lead to lots of problems" I said these things for a reason, and your statement shows you ignored this. For the problems of "make America great" his road to achieve that is a mild form of what Hitler was doing. He is not putting people in camps.. well... with the intent of killing them (immigrant children died under his hands in a "camp like" situation) But his "Make America great again" has racism under the surface and putting blame on others for our problems and trying to put a dome over us from the rest of the world, "china china china china" So this is a big part when they show people with those damn hats, I see them as uninformed, at best, at worst it is some support for a racist leader.

This is not a president, this is fear mongering propaganda.

Wall: does not know what is going on, does not know tunnels exist and other things I said before. He is just building a wall because he wants self pride. He is not motivated to make this country better for that wall. (He never articulates the other issues like these tunnels, boats, etc of getting stuff here, it is always wall, wall wall, so that is my proof for my statements presented here. He does not understand what is going on.)

The trade war hurt us more then help us because he does not understand how the world works and politics in general.

So I ask again, "Name one"

Last edited:

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
It is indeed.
People do not like to investigate too much anymore and buy what they are told, from the one source they like most.
When it would be necessary to listen or to view more than the one presented with.
yeah that goes with a past post of mine here. We do not need, or shouldn't rather need a hat to know that. We need .. as a society, do better to inform others, not have all these blind followings that leads to troubling situations, like what these kids got from others, the death threats and such just because they didn't know better? (Not knowing better as in how to act in situations like they where in, and what those hats and other trump propaganda can mean to others and how it may not be a good idea to parade in that stuff 24/7. Not knowing better does not validate harassment and death threats.)

Last edited:

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Okay, I can agree with you that he has no clue on how to do anything, he has Good Ideas, but no clue how to do them, I still think that's better than Crooked Hillary whom may know how to get things done, but would have done everything to return favors to foreign Muslim Governments; they didn't fund her campaign without expecting anything in return.

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
Okay, I can agree with you that he has no clue on how to do anything, he has Good Ideas, but no clue how to do them, I still think that's better than Crooked Hillary whom may know how to get things done, but would have done everything to return favors to foreign Muslim Governments; they didn't fund her campaign without expecting anything in return.
this is why i split my posts, I felt we where getting a bit off topic and that talking about Hillary and Muslim governments is making it worse, how does that relate to the MAGA teen and how we should not take stories at face value?

Last edited:

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
this is why i split my posts, I felt we where getting a bit off topic and that talking about Hillary and Muslim governments is making it worse, how does that relate to the MAGA teen and how we should not take stories at face value?
I guess the point is that even Trump isn't as horrible as (most of) The Media wants you to think he is; and the Media ShitStorm is exactly why people associate anything having to do with Trump (the #1 thing is the red MAGA Hat) as being bad and being a symbol that the person wearing the Hat must be "Just as bad as Trump" which is the way how people act.

in all things Extremes are very rarely the best way to go; but that's where we ended up because if you aren't For Trump, you have to be Against Trump, and The Media is making damn well sure everybody knows Trump is some kind of a "Monster" and therefore we should hate anything and everything that has to do with him.

What happened to the Teenager Wearing The MAGA Hat and how anyone is treated poorly in public (if they wear the MAGA hat); by businesses (that are there to make money nonetheless; people may discriminate, but money is money) is all due to The Media and nobody should just take the Media at face value.

Ad Revenue Value, is based off of number of Views; so it makes them money just to get views, no matter what it takes, and what better news to cover than "how much of a Monster Donald Trump Sr is " ?

Last edited:

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
I think a distinction needs to be made.
1. Media portraying Trump himself and his policies.
2. Demonizing him with how his "supporters" act

I think 1 is pretty fair and how they may remark x or y may not work for z reasons.

2 however is the issue, and the same trap as this story. You also do have a point, the reason media has those biases to begin with is for viewership points and create controversy so they get more ratings.

So lets remove the revenue aspect somehow, maybe media government controlled? problem there is too much of a filter with censorship issues and propaganda.. god if trump got to dictate the news we be in trouble. require media be not for profit? i doono

Last edited: