Unread Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I find it very pointless. I currently have three hundred fifty-four unread posts, and even if I did want to read all of them, more would come in the meantime. It's not necessary and even though it doesn't do anything bad, I find it stupid to accumulate pointless stats all over the forum.

I'm not asking to remove it now, just wanted to hear what other people have to say about it.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I find it very pointless. I currently have three hundred fifty-four unread posts, and even if I did want to read all of them, more would come in the meantime. It's not necessary and even though it doesn't do anything bad, I find it stupid to accumulate pointless stats all over the forum.

I'm not asking to remove it now, just wanted to hear what other people have to say about it.

Meh...I don't really mind it there...But an option to remove it would be nice...

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I would like it removed I always go by the ___ new post in ___ threads to see what has been updated and then choose what I want to look at.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Quick Links --> Mark forums Read.

That clears up your "Unread Posts"

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I agree with Po's first post and elle-oh-elled at Error's. Darkie, thanks for this thread.

*goes and works on my 52*

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
..........I'll say it again?

If you DONT like having to see "48293 unread posts in 98383 threads", then go to new posts, read the ones you are interested in, then when you're done go to Quick Links --> Mark Forums Read.

I don't understand what's being discussed here, lol.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private

If you DONT like having to see "48293 unread posts in 98383 threads", then go to new posts, read the ones you are interested in, then when you're done go to Quick Links --> Mark Forums Read.

They are talking about the thing that says "___ Unread Posts since you last visit"...It's under the thing that say "Welcome ___"...It just seems pointless to have since you have the other thing saying what posts are left

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover

Guy, I wasn't complaining.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Which is why I asked, lol. Thanks for clearing it up :p.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover

i agree, its bullshit!

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I find it very pointless.

I wanted to say something about this too....This has to be THE stupidest idea for a feature I have ever seen in my entire life.

I am as glad that other people feel this way, as i am glad that other people wear diapers.

Thank-you.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Aren't we going a bit over the top here. It's a small little thing, actually I find it useful. It stimulates me. Unlike the "___ New posts (in ___ threads)" because the unread posts thing also drops if you read posts.

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
No, It's stupid, You're stupid, and it should be removed. Whoever thought of the idea should be shot by a firing squad, and thrown off a cliff.

Ben

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
People are getting way too worked up about this. Debating about the forums features and what should be included is alright... the way this thread is going is not towards debate and is simply people saying they don't like it (and not very politely) without adding anything to the conversation.

Criticizing etc the features of the forum is fine, but don't be rude about it. I've removed the worst post and am leaving the rest which are a bit more borderline in whether they're being constructive or not to a forum mod to decide whether they should stay or be removed.

EDIT: Evidently i used the wrong purple for a mod post hopefully its the right color now :p if its still wrong then i guess we can start a thread to debate if the mod purple is DarkOrchid or plumb :p

Last edited:

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Wow you guys are extreme.

I actually find it useful. I have never, EVER used the tool before, just because I don't like clicking User CP, but because this is here I find that I use it, and it's actually much easier to find unread posts. then when I am done reading the ones that interest me I click "Mark Forums Read"... easy as pie.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other

I don't mind it, but I do find it to be useless. I have never used it before.

Status
Not open for further replies.