Unique Avatars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beta

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I've noticed that there are a lot of people that have really unique/interesting avatar pictures. So I was wondering, is anyone willing to share why they chose the avatar they did? Where did the idea come from? How does it represent you?

I'll go first. My avatar is part of a larger piece I did in photoshop featuring wolf personae of my BF and me. I started with some line art I found on deviantart and went from there, customizing it to match 'us'. It seemed like a good way to represent ourselves here on ADISC, nothing too serious, but still meaningful.

banter

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm just a big fan of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and the episode where Bloo becomes Uniscorn in particular.

kwisy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
I was trying to find an avatar shortly after I joined this site when I was reminded of that pokemon movie and it seemed like it fit my childhood perfectly.

The expression on mew's face also felt just right for my *B side.

A friend from this site sent me the picture of mew diapered and I happily honored his request and switched it in for the non diapered version.

CrinkleScarf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My avatar, for one thing, is AWESOME. I chose it because the guy in the pic is Natsu from Fairy Tail, AKA, my username. In this scene, he's punching Gray, his friend, since he was thinking of sacrificing himself in order to defeat the monster that defeated his master when he was a child. I like this scene because it really shows how rash Natsu can be sometimes.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
My avatar is Ingus from Final Fantasy III DS. I wanted a cute character with a variety of appearances that I could rotate every so often to stop my avatar getting too old. Ingus has about 20 or so different classes with different appearances, so really suited well.

Coyote_Howl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
With mine it is mostly because a black panther (my furry character I guess) doesn't fit with my name, thus decided recently to find a picture of a coyote to put up. Then, due to boredom, wanted to mess around with it in GIMP and see what the picture could be turned into, and this is the final result.

LinkFloyd

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I just found mine looking for Rainbow Dash pics for my screensaver. I had the idea after becoming a brony.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Since I'm dogboy, identify with dogs, and write about Native American animal spirits, I wanted something that represented who I am. I found the image in photobucket, so nothing magical there. When I was in college, I identified with wolves, and I still do. Somehow, I feel part of the pack.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Other
My current avatar is my fursona.

ImNotHere

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Well, my current avatar is a pika, a lagomorph that sorta resembles a hamster. It's one of the species I considered for my fursona, before settling on the hamster. I like small, cute, furry animals. Also wanted to avoid a stereotypical AB avatar.

BabyZidane

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
Zidane Tribal, the most AWESOME Character from anything!

LunaCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I adore cute things.

I love evil things.

The only thing I like more is something that's both cute and evil.

FauxPas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Other
Since I'm dogboy, identify with dogs, and write about Native American animal spirits, I wanted something that represented who I am. I found the image in photobucket, so nothing magical there. When I was in college, I identified with wolves, and I still do. Somehow, I feel part of the pack.

I have always loved your avatar.

As for mine, just something that I had commissioned. Power Rangers were a huge part of my childhood and remember dragging my parents to the movie. I still find them super awesome and even have the theme song on my Ipod

Zephy

Moderated
Role
  1. Private
Reminds me of my old thread: http://www.adisc.org/forum/off-topic/22663-avatars.html#post390386 <--- link directly to my post (still first post of the thread)

That describes my first three avatars.

My current avatar is Bobby Pendragon from the Traveler series. Why? Because I can relate to him. Rather than "YAY! ADVENTURE!" he's like "wtf? OMG RUN! Why me, why me, why me? Oh crap, I can't not help them. >: FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU".

He's not strong, he's only slightly smarter than everyone else, and most importantly, he's not insanely brave. He's positively human.

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
A soft, cute, snuggly looking image of Colette Brunel from Tales of Symphonia, one of my role models. It was a no-brainer for me!

Pichu

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
My avatar is supposed to represent me whether I'm a BF or not, I don't know. I grew up with Pokemon and Pichu is one my favorites, so why not. (I'm Pichu hehehe) It was made for me by my good friend BernardFx :)

onecho

The Reluctant Lord of Liminal Space
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
Mine is of a mile-marker; it reads "MILE 11". It is the only remaining signage on a dirt road that was formerly a state highway, but lost this designation forty years ago. It is in the middle of absolutely nowhere. I found it such a beautiful contrast: the harsh, desert climate versus this single, solitary sentient, holding a solemn vigil to the past. For me, it was very moving and humbling.

AstroWolf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
Mine is from an album cover from furries in a blender, it's a techno/rave group and since I love furries and techno it mixed the two together.

Fruitkitty

ADISC Content Editor
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I'd been looking to finally add an avatar for awhile, and I tend to enjoy lolcats macros, so I figured I add one when I finally found something on icanhazcheezburger which suited me. I eventually found this one, with a caption for which I didn't care.

It's a lolcat in a completely serious pose. Left-brained guy with a penchant for serious discourse that I am, this seemed to fit well.

Status
Not open for further replies.