Unimpressed with X-Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

kadillac

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I ordered a sample pack of the X-Plus a while back and was excited, but was irritated to find out they leaked in the morning after I wet (I don't know, it was a heavy wetting I am urinary incontinent, not fecal anymore I re-trained myself ha). But I was SO unimpressed that these leaked, my Molicares NEVER leaked, wtf.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Wow, that's surprising. Did it fit ok?

Was it abena or secure? either of them should have held a good amount if it was on properly

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
The only times I've ever had an Abri X-plus leak on me were when I pushed it over the limit. Otherwise they're fine... I'd use them all the time, but I just don't like the tapes.

MysteriousVisitor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Is it possible that they just didn't fit you correctly? For me personally, XPlus's leak more then the regular super simply because they don't seem to fit nearly as well. If you feel like giving Abena another shot, go ahead and get the Supers.

ZombifiedKitty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Simply put, a diaper isn't going to work if it doesn't fit snuggly. For me the Abena's never wanted to fit right and were too inflexible, but I'm glad to see another Molicare fan.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
It's not always about capacity, as I've said many many times before.
It's about SPEED.
I've had only one Molicare out of a full case leak on me at night, and that was from over-filling.
I've had a dozen or so Abena X-Plus's leak because they didn't absorb fast enough. I've even had a few leak when I was just sitting down. Never a problem in the Molicares.

Arlo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
idk I really liked the secure x-pluses due to the fact the tapes refastened better and made the overall fit better... but then again I am usually a morning wetter.

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
*shrug* I'm gonna echo what a few others have said: the problem is probably the fit. For me, the Abena X-plus medium is a perfect fit. For the first 2 large wettings (which I guess is subjective--I have a small bladder), it handles flooding just fine. After that, small trickles are best just to give the diaper time to wick moisture up the back and front (which the Abena is a champ at; I usually don't have to change until the padding is soaked fully up both the front and back)... however, you don't have much of a choice to trickle if you wet at night, I guess.

If there's a poor fit around the legs (which I had for the first couple I tried, before I learned to fasten the bottom tapes by angling them up), leaking even on the first flood was likely. And if you can't get the Abenas to fit right for you, at least Molicares are good :smile:

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
There are two types of disposable diaper absorbant material in the world... paper pulp, and Super Absorbant Polymer (SAP).

Paper pulp is great for rapid aquisition of liquid, but it does a poor job of actually locking the liquid away. A good example of this is Attends. The diaper is good at absorbing a flood initially... but if you sit down in a wet one you will know it, because some of the liquid will be pressed back out of the padding.

SAP excells in locking liquids away, so the wearer feels dry shortly after a wetting. A good example of this is Bambino. It may be slow to absorb, and not that great for flooding, but if you give it slowly it will soak up more than you could imagine possible.

Most top-of-the-line diapers use a combination of pulp and SAP in their padding, trying to get the "best of both worlds"... some obviously do better than others.

WoXxY

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Incontinent
I have a small bladder too and when it empties, there's no holding it back.
When I wet a Molicare I can feel it absorb in about a 3-4" area and keep pulling it in until I'm done, but never feel any run-off. When I wet an Abena I can tell it runs and pools up. Abena's just take longer to absorb as do all other heavily gel-based diapers.
'Fluff' wicks moisture and absorbs faster, though it doesn't hold under pressure as well as gel. Fluff also isn't as affected by salts present in urine. That means that if your urine is concentrated, a gel diaper will hold less than if it's wet with urine that isn't as concentrated. Result? Different capacities on different days from same exact diapers.
Absorbancy has always been consistant with the Molicares.
Why do you think the cloth-diaper enthousiasts are always so verbal with their choice? 'Fluff' is basically the cloth equivilant in disposables. Fast absorbing and good wicking.
(Sorry Dark, didn't see your post until I was done, good summery)

goodnitesgirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Don't give up on them just yet my very first x-plus leaked I then went over 100 diapers (nighttime wetting) without a leak so there is hope :)

CalebBunny

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
i been wearing x-plus for years, and i do admit they have a HUGE issue with not leaing when you are any kind of horiontal, be it on your side or your back, though front does to better than the back. I've been wanting to try mollicare for a long time now but unfortunately i cant find a suppier in canada that doesn't charge insane prices.

bob111

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm unimpressed too about the X-plus. They don't fit me well and they don't absorb fast enough, compared to Tena. I get leaks all the time with the Abenas X-plus. Suprisingly, I get less leaks with the Abena Super, the 1 level lesser model.

IMO, it's all in the fit. Threy are sized too large. I tried their small one, and it does not fit me and their medium is a little on the big side. Still fit ok. The main problem is the fitting at the rear crotch side, just bellow the ass cheeks. I get leaks there all the time. And in the front too.

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I agree with others in saying fit is very important. Abena x-pluses, (as much as I do like them and think they are a great diaper,) don't fit me quite right. The smalls are too small and the med is too big. Secure X-plus/Bambino fit me better, both small and med, so I have fewer issues with leaks.

Lorica

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I ordered a sample pack of the X-Plus a while back and was excited, but was irritated to find out they leaked in the morning after I wet (I don't know, it was a heavy wetting I am urinary incontinent, not fecal anymore I re-trained myself ha). But I was SO unimpressed that these leaked, my Molicares NEVER leaked, wtf.

Are you a side, back, or belly sleeper?

Because if you are a side sleeper and you don't have your diaper on good and snug, they'll leak every once in a while around the leg gathers.

Press out leaks are another matter entirely and that does have to do with how absorbent the diaper is.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
  4. Private
Are you pointing "it down"?

IF so it shouldn't leak unless its time to change.

AidanKid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
The fit is really important, as lots keep saying. The first one I was put in, I leaked all over my brudder when I fell asleep on him because the left side just wasn't on quite right. He fixed it and it was fine the rest of the night. His footies were not so lucky. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.