Unfair Reputation Ratings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr_J

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Sometime a couple of weeks ago I critiqued somebody's story. I did this in such a manner that was both honest and constructive, as I too am a writer, and I receive the same constructive criticism from everybody else. Here's what I wrote:

Hmmmm..........I can sense the overused plot. The girl's mad at the guy, so it just so happens that the only way that he can make it up to her is by being treated like an infant, and he just magically gives in.

Doesn't fly too well in my book, mostly because this has been an ongoing plot for stories since...well, probably since people started writing stories of this nature!

Try something new! Dare to be brave and come up with something a bit more original, and I'll be willing to read more.

And, here's what the person wrote,

Wow, you didn't really read it. Thanks for the positive review... lol.

Apparently the person whose story I critiqued didn't like what I had to say, so this person gave me a bad reputation rating. I find this rather unfair and biased. I mean, I gave him an HONEST critique! The story was in fact cliched and typical, and if I were to negative rep anyone whose critiques I disliked, then I'd have a slew of enemies and people who didn't like me anymore.

I know this may be time consuming and hard to do, but is there a way you can make the person give a reason as to why they gave someone a bad rep??

I just get upset when I get a notification that my rep's been compromised without someone having a good reason for doing so.

Last edited:

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
It's highly recommended (discouraged actually) that threads aren't made in the public forums about receiving neg. reps. unjustly - it can, and usually does, stir up drama. Proper thing to do is ask for it to be reviewed in the request forum if you don't feel it was justified. In your case, if they didn't give a reason for the neg. rep it will be removed anyway when the admins do their periodic (monthly) review. Doesn't matter whether a given rep is + or -, without a reason it isn't considered valid. Hope that info helps.

~Pramrider

Last edited:

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
The rules clearly state:

"Only bring it up in the requests forum if it does not fit the above guidelines for giving negative rep. Even then, the judgement of the mods is final."

Talking about negative rep that you feel is unjustified in the public forum usually means it will not be reversed, even if it was unjustified after all.

Peachy

Status
Not open for further replies.