Status
Not open for further replies.

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
The question is quite simple and mostly applies to those among us who wear their diapers in public, or wear them at home under clothes.

Do you wear underwear over your diaper? Yes? No? Do you have special underwear for that (i.e. snug underwear to keep the diapers in place), or do you wear your normal everyday underwear over your diapers?

As for me, I always wear my normal every-day underwear over my diaper when I'm wearing pants with my diaper for three reasons:
(1) To keep the diaper in place and thus reduce the bulge and noise of the diaper.
(2) To soak up small leaks before they reach the outside pants and become visible to the public. It happens quite often that there's a small wet patch on the underwear when I finally take off the diaper.
(3) To avoid having to go commando when I have to take off my diaper before I get back home and can put on underwear. If my diaper becomes too wet, I can just take it off, pull down underwear and pants and continue my day in my normal clothes.

Peachy

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I never wore underwear over my diapers, unless it was winter then I wore my longunderwear over them, I usually don't like to wear diapers with Longundies because if you happen to leak there ia alot of cleanup involved.

I wear lots of layers in cold weather, usually 2 sets of long undies, I don't like to be cold at all.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
The idea of going outside without putting underwear on just seems weird to me, even if I am wearing a diaper. So the few times I've been out in public I've put underwear on as a habit more than anything.

B

Butterfly Mage

I used to do that to keep the crinkle noise down. A lot of the newer diapers (Molicare, Abena) are less crinkly even though they are still plastic backed. So I stopped wearing underwear over diapers.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I do to keep the crinkle down. Boxer do that kind of okay, but they don't really help with holding it up.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
No, I don't wear my regular underwear over diapers.

To keep them in place and avoid leaks, I wear onesies and/or plastic pants over them.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Except when I have had the pleasure of being at home on my own, I have always done this. My boxers are quite tight fighting (purposely) so they are very effective at reducing noise and holding the diaper in place. Unless I am in bed, then I don't wear anything over them. I can't really wet lying down, so leaks aren't a problem, and I will probably be taking it off before I come into contact with people, so I don't have to worry about any glimpses.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
In Soviet Russia Kovyland, diaper IS underwear!

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I usually wear something over them...But there are occasions where I don't...When I do, it's to reduce the noise, although I don't really notice a difference...It just makes me feel better about it

Role
  1. Private
I do, practically for the same reasons Peachy has noted.

However, I tend to wear boxer-briefs over them. They still provide great noise-reduction, keep the bulge down and keep the diaper on nice and snug, but they also cover more of the diaper, reducing the chance of it getting seen.

Bambusa

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Sometimes I wear boxer briefs over my diaper to make it more discrete. I found that the extra elastic around the legs helps to prevent leaks. But still, I prefer just wearing the diaper by itself.

AbbeyJunction

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
I do it to cover the diaper. in High school things can be... interesting if someone finds out.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I pretty much have to agree with Peachy's reasons. When I go out in public I just about always wear underwear over my diaper. The only minor exception to this would be once in a while if I'm wearing a pull up style that is cloth backed then I sometimes don't wear underwear over it. For a plastic backed one, I always wear underwear over it as they reduce the crinkles and bulk, plus I like the convenience of having a pair of underwear already on in case I have to remove the diaper for some reason as I don't like to go commando.

One other benefit I've found of wearing underwear is that it helps keep the tapes in place better. I'll just wear my normal everyday briefs, I guess it must be the subtle pressure they put on the tapes or something, but tapes seem to stay stuck better when I'm wearing underwear. It's more or less for this reason that even when I'm at home alone that I do generally still wear underwear over them.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I hate wearing underwear over my diapers, but I have to get some boxers to cover it up if I intend to wear in public, but how booring is it when you look at it and oh wait you have boxers/(real man underwear) in the way?

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I don't wear underwear over my diaper, just my jeans. Just seems kinda wrong to put on underwear over a diaper, but I usually wear a bit longer shirt.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
  1. Private
At one point I wore smaller-than-normal boxer briefs over my diapers. They do a great job of stopping crinkle and cutting down a little on bulge. However lately I have been eliminating that layer, simply because it was unnecessary and safely storing leaked-onto underwear became a challenge (as if dealing with wet pants was easier but...). I would also say that when I double up in my usual Goodnites-underneath-adult-generics configuration I'm more likely to wear boxer briefs simply for bulge control.

Then again I don't wear boxer shorts, I think they're scratchy and uncomfortable, thus I stick exclusively to boxer briefs. Tighty whiteys aren't really my thing either.

--Danny :ninja:

miles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have 2 pairs of tight underwear (1 pair of boxers and 1 pair of boxer breifs) and 1 pair of snug white boxers.

I wear them in public.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
In Soviet Russia Kovyland, diaper IS underwear!

I agree with this. If I thought I needed something to reduce the noise or conceal better, I'm not totally opposed, but I don't wear in really quiet situations where people are going to be close to me and my shirt is well tucked, so I never thought it was required.

Status
Not open for further replies.