Underjams capacity and tips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boyhood

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Hey, is there anyone that has measured the capacity of the Pampers Underjams? I would really like to know. I was also wondering if anyone has any tips to share, like about them ripping at the sides, what they do.

I'm a 32" waist @ 150 lb's.

I heard stretching them out will prevent them from ripping, but wouldn't that make it worse? I just don't understand that. Please provide any other thing about these that you'd like to share.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I have not worn Underjams, but I have worn Goodnites. I'm 150 lbs. with a waste of about 31. They say Goodnites hold more than Underjams, and I can overwhelm a pair of Goodnites in (ahem) one peeing. So I would imagine it would be the same for Underjams. But if you are will to pace how much you contribute, they should fit you, and you would get the whole little tyke feel, which is kind of nice:)

Dakota13

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have a 32 waist and weigh only about 145 pounds, They hold one good wetting and then a little more but dont flood them because they will leak. This is with the boys underjams i have no clue about the girls but i think they would work out better because the boys underjams the top of the padding never really gets wet.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I've worn the boys, 29 waist and 135 lbs, I still found them quite snug. You do have to stretch the sides, theyre made out of a stertchy material that has to be warmed up before it hits its maximum stretchiness. As noted earlier, if you flood them, you will literally flood them, theyll leak like crazy. I also think that slow wetting and movement will cause leaks. All in all I prefer a real diaper, but if you're looking for a pull-up that fits this is it!

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I've worn the boys, 29 waist and 135 lbs, I still found them quite snug. You do have to stretch the sides, theyre made out of a stertchy material that has to be warmed up before it hits its maximum stretchiness. As noted earlier, if you flood them, you will literally flood them, theyll leak like crazy. I also think that slow wetting and movement will cause leaks. All in all I prefer a real diaper, but if you're looking for a pull-up that fits this is it!
See I'm not so sure about this. I tried both the boys and girls versions of Underjams and these were the results(based on the fact I have a 30' waist and weigh around 148-150 lbs.):

-They leak if you flood completely, no holding back on both types.

-Both were comfortable, not really tight for me.

-Not leaking when moving around or from slow wetting. It seems like it needs a few seconds to absorb the urine if it's already been used/in use. Held quite a bit for me in both types.

-The boys ones swelled better between the legs than the girls.

-Don't sleep in them; the heat/movement from your body(if you're around my size) will tear the sides. Try stretching them out first for a couple of minutes before wearing.

-I liked the boys design better(something about that pale green).

Really the only way you can find out is if you try them, and even that's not 100% because as it seems with other members and actual diapers they can be a "bad batch" that are not as well made as other packages.

Role
Diaper Lover
same thing with goodnites.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I like them good enough, but like others have said they're not meant for heavy wetting/flooding. You'd think they would be considering how thick they are. They really should invest in a good chemist to develop a better absorbancy bead.

Boyhood

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I just got my underjams today, and they are pretty cool. So far no leaks, and they seem to hold plenty so far. I'll see how far that goes.

Role
Diaper Lover
I am about 145lbs and i have about a 31" waist...I dont mind the underjams really, I kinda like them more than goodnites. The only thing i really dont care for is how the sides are made. If i wear them to bed they tend to rip on the sides. I do find by wearing a pair of panties over them it helps them from ripping because of tossing and turning.

Boyhood

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah I've had them on for about 4 nights now, and if you have them on for about 9+ hours in bed they start to stretch a little and tear from the bottom up on one of the sides. I am really blown away on how much these hold. They swell better than depends. I wouldn't be surprised if they hold more than the maximum protection. I just literally TRIED to flood them today and failed miserably. If a 19 year old kid can wet in these 2 good times, (i'm talking morning material length) and they are still absorbing, you have a good diaper. The underjam goes about an inch or 2 above my crack in the back, and they are definitely discreet. Not comfortable when hard though. I haven't had the tearing yet if I don't stretch them before putting them on. I don't understand why people say to stretch them, it's pointless.

p.s. Like Pojo said in your profile, you need to change your crotch shot avatar. Save those for member galleries.

Role
Diaper Lover
Ok ok I took care of it...I didnt see that notice when i added the avitar all you had to do was say it once I got it thanks

and a message to me would have worked just fine

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Ok ok I took care of it...I didnt see that notice when i added the avitar all you had to do was say it once I got it thanks

and a message to me would have worked just fine
Well I posted on your wall/visitor message thing before any of this

010Daniel010

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've found through my experience with Underjams that they'll hold quite a bit of you wet slowly. I've got a 34" inch waist and I weigh 190 pounds (I'm 6'3") and they're tight, not uncomfortable though. I usually wear them when I'm doing homework and I tend to lay on my stomach on the ground or on the floor when I've got a lot of reading to do (Oh Dostoevsky you brilliant man...naming the drunken father after yourself and the hero after your son), and they do particularly well there.

Don't worry too much about ripping them, especially at your size.

If you've gotten comfortable enough with wetting I would advice just relaxing and not even thinking about it. That way you ensure that you won't flood the Underjam and make it leak.

monkster

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
Bump.

I'm using these too, and am having side-tearing issues.. I can't seem to wear it for more than 2 hours without the sides starting to give in, which is quite annoying because I don't pee every two hours (thus initiating a changing)... I read the tips in this thread and stretched them, but I don't seem to be able to end the ripping! As the-ownage said, they tend to rip from bottom-to-top. Anyone else have some more tips?

My waist is 28", and my hips are 32"...

Thanks

Edit: Girl version, L/XL size (bigger one).

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Bump.

I'm using these too, and am having side-tearing issues.. I can't seem to wear it for more than 2 hours without the sides starting to give in, which is quite annoying because I don't pee every two hours (thus initiating a changing)... I read the tips in this thread and stretched them, but I don't seem to be able to end the ripping! As the-ownage said, they tend to rip from bottom-to-top. Anyone else have some more tips?

My waist is 28", and my hips are 32"...

Thanks

Edit: Girl version, L/XL size (bigger one).
Monkster, after I replied to your message I was giving it more thought. I'm wondering if it is a quality control issue. Though not becoming an issue with smaller children these are really made for. Some batches off the assembly line may be a little stronger than others, but both still are within the manufacturer's tolerances for strength for younger children's use. The varience in strength only becomes evident when they're used by people who are at or near the absolute maximum stretch limit. That would explain some of us having tearing problems and others not, with each of us being close to the same size in waist and hips plus nearly the same weight. Incidentally, I had the girls Underjams, too.

~Pramrider

monkster

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Sissy
Monkster, after I replied to your message I was giving it more thought. I'm wondering if it is a quality control issue. Though not becoming an issue with smaller children these are really made for. Some batches off the assembly line may be a little stronger than others, but both still are within the manufacturer's tolerances for strength for younger children's use. The varience in strength only becomes evident when they're used by people who are at or near the absolute maximum stretch limit. That would explain some of us having tearing problems and others not, with each of us being close to the same size in waist and hips plus nearly the same weight. Incidentally, I had the girls Underjams, too.

~Pramrider
Hmmm, that would definitely explain it! This may very well be the case.

I haven't given up on them yet! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.