Unbeleiveable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llayden

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I am running low on supplies and am waiting for my usual shipment to restock. I had to resort to finding local diapers, the best of which is Depends. With the frequency and amount of my voids, they only last for an hour or so which has made things difficult especially at school. So I Googled local medical supply stores today determined to find a better product until I could afford my usual NorthShores. There was only one store listed in my area, but they did have Incontinence listed as something they carry products for.

I stopped by to see if they had anything better and was saddened to see the shelves devoid of anything Incontinence related. A clerk met me and asked if I needed anything. I explained to them my usual supply had run out, what my needs were, and the level of protection I was used to using during the day and night. They apologized and said that they were not carrying supplies anymore due to the demands it placed on inventory.

That's when he asked me to hang on a minute and ducked into their store room. He then re-emerged carrying bag after bag of diapers and large inco pads that had been opened and labeled "sample" on the bag, and several unopened bags of diapers as well. He said that I was more than welcome to have them all (4 unopened bags of diapers, and 4 opened bags).

I was simply astounded, and still offered to pay but they would have none of it. Now, these weren't top of the line products by any means. They are all Medline Products (FitRight and so on) and some of them are probably a bit too large for proper fitting during the day, but this windfall will more than carry me through to the next quarter. I am a full time student and my entire income is based solely off of my GI bill and disability payments. When there is no school (winter break) my income drops drastically. I will now be able to make it through that time much easier!

I still can't believe this happened to me. I am still amazed with their generosity.

rennecfox

I'm done...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I am running low on supplies and am waiting for my usual shipment to restock. I had to resort to finding local diapers, the best of which is Depends. With the frequency and amount of my voids, they only last for an hour or so which has made things difficult especially at school. So I Googled local medical supply stores today determined to find a better product until I could afford my usual NorthShores. There was only one store listed in my area, but they did have Incontinence listed as something they carry products for.

I stopped by to see if they had anything better and was saddened to see the shelves devoid of anything Incontinence related. A clerk met me and asked if I needed anything. I explained to them my usual supply had run out, what my needs were, and the level of protection I was used to using during the day and night. They apologized and said that they were not carrying supplies anymore due to the demands it placed on inventory.

That's when he asked me to hang on a minute and ducked into their store room. He then re-emerged carrying bag after bag of diapers and large inco pads that had been opened and labeled "sample" on the bag, and several unopened bags of diapers as well. He said that I was more than welcome to have them all (4 unopened bags of diapers, and 4 opened bags).

I was simply astounded, and still offered to pay but they would have none of it. Now, these weren't top of the line products by any means. They are all Medline Products (FitRight and so on) and some of them are probably a bit too large for proper fitting during the day, but this windfall will more than carry me through to the next quarter. I am a full time student and my entire income is based solely off of my GI bill and disability payments. When there is no school (winter break) my income drops drastically. I will now be able to make it through that time much easier!

I still can't believe this happened to me. I am still amazed with their generosity.

Glad to hear a good story once in awhile and am very happy for you.

Argent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
What a fabulous story!

Like a nice Christmas tale or the start of a pay it forward legend.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
that's how to turn lost product that would have to be completely written off and thrown away into valuable customer goodwill.

Status
Not open for further replies.