unable to quote "quote"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
for some time now, I've noticed when I quote a post with a quote already in it the embedded quote is deleted... Is this intentional? @TBDL if you quoted a post with embedded quote(s) everything would come through... Requoting can be done manually of course... Is this a glitch? Or a feature?

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I noticed this too. I figured it was just a way to shorten posts somewhat. Especially when some people 'quote' someone elses ENTIRE 200 line post just to comment on 1 particular line. UGH! Haven't they heard of backspace or delete?

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
It was that way already on TBDL only on the temp forums it didn't delete the quote.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Yeah... On TBDL it deleted the quotes within the quotes (when posting, not in private messages though).

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I just looked and there is no setting that would allow quotes-within-quotes to be kept.

So: this is unlikely to change in the near future.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I think it's even better this way as with most places it can be done (in phpBB it's default) you get HUGE posts of just quotes. Which generally is more annoying then that it's useful.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
When I quote someone I normally delete all illrelivant parts. Becuase if they make a big ass post. Chances are you only going to need a paragraph at most.

I think it is a useful feature. Sames me the effort :p

Status
Not open for further replies.