UK plastic backed nappies, So much choice.

Bit of an update to this, ended up making 2 orders and getting formacares, molicare, and tena, and there all great.
I don't really do reviews, because I'm terrible at them but,
Formacare, specifically there plastic back comfort slips, I ordered 3 variety's,
Super, these are fairly thin and lightweight, pleasant baby blue colour, comfortable right upto capacity.
Extra Night, these are a bit too blue, feel a bit thicker than super but usable absorbency is about the same.
Extra Plus, theses are the top tier, and very impressive absorbency and swelling that the others lacked.
The fit and padding shape are the same for all absorbencies, very similar to betterdry or crinklz just in terms of size and fit, same front and rear waistband but without the improved tapes, the leak guards are smaller and less prone to coming un stuck.

Tena slip active, again I ordered multiple absorbency levels,
Maxi, these are just like old tena slips, same cut, same rear waistband, same soaker pad inside, really liked these.
Ultima, feel a little more rigid than maxi, not really any thicker, usable absorbency is only slightly increased, would probibly get these over the maxi just because I prefer there grey printing over the pink.
Not a patch on the original slip Ultima though.

Lastly molicare, specifically the slip maxi.
I missed out on the molicare super plus, it was never really on my radar before.
Was pleasantly surprised by these, there thick and fluffy feeling, not overly sap heavy like most modern nappies but the feel of them is lovley, it's difficult to describe, but there wicking performance is superb, I wore one to work and had to stop and check I'd actually peed, it just felt so dry inside.
Only downside is the lack of waist elastic.

woolyDL said:
In line with the thread theme...... I've restocked this week....
For those who don't getting deliveries at home, half of this load was sent directly to a local Homebase store. Its not flawless as every time I collect I get asked 'what's in it?'.....as this makes it easier to locate in the small pile of deliveries they have to sort through..

Unpackaged and concealed....
View attachment 62435
Just carefully with putting a thing in loft on glass wool. Touching it and expatially inhaling particles are very bad for lungs( can cause cancer).
Vipe diaper packs with slightly wet cloth, leave to dry and rearrange diaper packs no totouch that glass wool. Do this in gloves.

HappyNappin said:
Are there any nappies I've missed or overlooked.
What are your thoughts, I'll be ordering at the end of the month so any input is appreciated.
There are two brands that seem very British, medical Aidapts are on Amazon UK and they're like classic Tenas (or were) but I found I HAD TO double them up (one on top of the other with holes pokef in the crotch of the first) as the absorption of lone ones was bad.
Cuddlz dude! Cuddlz are the original UK adult nappy for ABDL, they're pretty much our Bambinos
...not that Bambinos are available in the UK presently it seems.
ABU also left UK site Nappies R Us (which I'll mention) but of course ABU have a UK website meaning you can get Cushies, Barebums and Kiddos.
Nappies R Us is really good (I'm not being paid to say that!) as whilst availability issues can arise (Brexit is the biggest reason it seems) there you can get Rearz, Crinklz (not medical Betterdrys), Tykables and their own brand called Get Nappied which do a monster's patterned offering.
The Dotty Diaper Company has been British since day one (despite the name!) but some of their products were bought out by others (?) and even now off the top of my head I can't remember if they're in partnership with a selling website that is not themselves!
-
Now that may be all of them!
-
-
BW

Last edited:
Tena active fit are my favourite medical nappy. Their not as good as they were as others said but I love the feel of the plastic. I also use NRU. I also like cuddlz drydayz.

Reactions: TreeLad
DanUt said:
Tena active fit are my favourite medical nappy. Their not as good as they were as others said but I love the feel of the plastic. I also use NRU. I also like cuddlz drydayz.
Which absorbancy are you using out of curiosity?

DanUt said:
Personally I'm finding them better than the old tena slip, the tapes are far better than the tiny ones and the lack of a taping zone makes for a better fit and quieter nappy.

I bought a pack of medium and large from aidapt and had the usual discovery of poor performance and rhin cheap feeling, institutional nappy.

The dotty Diaper company advertised a medical plain white nappy amongst the AB stuff so I thought I'd have a sample....they sent me 2 x Gompells nappies....pretty thin and poor performance, rough plastic..

woolyDL said:
I bought a pack of medium and large from aidapt and had the usual discovery of poor performance and rhin cheap feeling, institutional nappy.

The dotty Diaper company advertised a medical plain white nappy amongst the AB stuff so I thought I'd have a sample....they sent me 2 x Gompells nappies....pretty thin and poor performance, rough plastic..
It's not even like there cheep, direct from aidapt there £9.90 for a pack of 10, that's considerably more expensive than betterdry, which are only £52 for a case of 60 from nru.

Back