UK plastic backed nappies, So much choice.

HappyNappin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I'm on the search for a new daytime / 24/4 nappy.
There's absolutely loads to pick from.
A medical one, I'm not including abdl nappies here, the short list is a fairly long one, there's still alot of plastic backed nappies on the market, here goes,
Attends Slip regular plus
Attends Slip active
Betterdry
Drylife slip super
Drylife slip xplus
Formacare comfort slip
Gompels adult nappies
ID slip PE
Molicare Slip Maxi
Tena slip active fit

I don't want breathable sides, that rules out the ID slip PE and Attends slip active.
I don't find Attends Regular plus / special care comfortable so that's attends ruled out.
Betterdry are probably a tad overkill, and there out of stock atm.
Drylife X plus are a bit fragile, and bulky.
I've tried gompels before and they where fairly awful but seem to have changed there product.

So the main contenders are,
Drylife slip super, good know product.
Formacare, have tried them before, can't really remember much about them tbh.
Tena slip active, loved old tenas, but never tried the active fit.
Molicare Slip Maxi, absolutely no real experience using molicare before, but some people seem to really like them.

My first adult nappies where tena slip maxi, then ID slip super became my go to, I just miss wearing plastic backed nappies all the time.
Are there any nappies I've missed or overlooked.
What are your thoughts, I'll be ordering at the end of the month so any input is appreciated.

Reactions: 00Steve00, GeorgeG and ChocChip
I feel the UK plastic backed field very limited.
Attends are too thin for me and ID are too thin as is Tena.
I agree on the 'breathable sides' not my thing at all...
Molicare and drying super both have small leg openings meaning my 'rugby player' thighs either don't fit or the circulation gets cut off.
The only real alternatives for me are Super Dry xplus (abena M4), ABU Simple or Betterdry but I find these clump up when wet. My favourite for comfort is Abena M4 as the plastic is soft, needs to be thicker though...

Tena Actives are the same as the old Tena’s, I wear them all the time.

Reactions: SAPexpanded
BiCouple1980 said:
Tena Actives are the same as the old Tena’s, I wear them all the time.
I do want to try the active fit, but I've been saying that since they came out.
What absorbency do you prefer?

Ultima when I’m at home, Plus when I’m out for a short time, Maxi for a longer time.

Reactions: SAPexpanded
I rate the drylife slip super. I'm not as much of a fan of the Xplus.

I like the tena as well. They seem to have gone full circle, from good to bad and now they seem good again.

TreeLad said:
I rate the drylife slip super. I'm not as much of a fan of the Xplus.
I have a weird relationship with the slip super, I know there just the old ID slip, they work great, but I don't like how they fit me, they feel to low and too tight around the legs.
The xplus I much prefer the shape and fit but there just too bulky and not really robust enough for me.
If I could get a slip super that was the length of a large but the same waist size as the medium it would be the obvious choice.
TreeLad said:
I like the tena as well. They seem to have gone full circle, from good to bad and now they seem good again.
That could be how I keep finding mixed reviews, some stay there great, others say there no use.
What have they changed recently?
I got some pro skin slips recently and there ok but there missing a few things I used to like with the old tenas, mostly the plasticy acquisition layer inside the nappy.

Still not much feedback on molicare blues and formacares, I know the later are fairly unknown but are what I want most because of how institutional they look.

Betterdry. They are 100% not overkill. Email NRU and ask when they'll be back in stock.

FWIW I've tried the iDSlip Expert Super PE backed and the Drylife Super Slip side by side and I think there are subtle difference, although it's clearly off the same line and to similar specs. I preferred the iDSlip myself they used to hold loads and sell so big, too bad they ruined them with the breathable sides. I got a bag of Drylife Slip Super with my last NRU order and it's mostly untouched, too thin and not as good.

blob said:
Betterdry. They are 100% not overkill. Email NRU and ask when they'll be back in stock.

FWIW I've tried the iDSlip Expert Super PE backed and the Drylife Super Slip side by side and I think there are subtle difference, although it's clearly off the same line and to similar specs. I preferred the iDSlip myself they used to hold loads and sell so big, too bad they ruined them with the breathable sides. I got a bag of Drylife Slip Super with my last NRU order and it's mostly untouched, too thin and not as good.
IF you want betterdry the UK branch of ABU retails Betterdry nappies. I ordered 6 packs this morning along with Simple Ultras

I ordered a pack of these recently from NRU to use as a short wear option (rather than a thick ABDL nappy that you have to wet all day to get your monies worth) and was really pleasantly surprised.
They take three good wettings, don’t bulk up too much so are quite discreet and wick really well.
I’ll certainly be going back for more

Attachments

• 305A2E5F-CEA7-4C39-9B70-A193729501AF.jpeg
    305A2E5F-CEA7-4C39-9B70-A193729501AF.jpeg
    22.4 KB · Views: 6
I’m pleased with the range of plastic backed nappies that are available in the UK.

We seem to have such a variety here and they’re far from being all the same.

Reactions: TreeLad and blob
I found an old formacare extra plus from way back from when nappies r us had them on sale briefly, will give that a try at the weekend.
Really like the idea of how medical they look in all over blue (mediums) and not white for a change.
Will probably also order small quantities of tena and molicare to try.
For the people trying to convince me to get betterdry, they would be fine for me at work but not at home.
But, if there the same price as crinklz, I'd rather have the nice crinklz prints even if I won't see them.

HappyNappin said:
I'm on the search for a new daytime / 24/4 nappy.
There's absolutely loads to pick from.
A medical one, I'm not including abdl nappies here, the short list is a fairly long one, there's still alot of plastic backed nappies on the market, here goes,
Attends Slip regular plus
Attends Slip active
Betterdry
Drylife slip super
Drylife slip xplus
Formacare comfort slip
Gompels adult nappies
ID slip PE
Molicare Slip Maxi
Tena slip active fit

I don't want breathable sides, that rules out the ID slip PE and Attends slip active.
I don't find Attends Regular plus / special care comfortable so that's attends ruled out.
Betterdry are probably a tad overkill, and there out of stock atm.
Drylife X plus are a bit fragile, and bulky.
I've tried gompels before and they where fairly awful but seem to have changed there product.

So the main contenders are,
Drylife slip super, good know product.
Formacare, have tried them before, can't really remember much about them tbh.
Tena slip active, loved old tenas, but never tried the active fit.
Molicare Slip Maxi, absolutely no real experience using molicare before, but some people seem to really like them.

My first adult nappies where tena slip maxi, then ID slip super became my go to, I just miss wearing plastic backed nappies all the time.
Are there any nappies I've missed or overlooked.
What are your thoughts, I'll be ordering at the end of the month so any input is appreciated.
Thanks for this post, I have found it very helpful and useful on my search for my new "go to" nappies.

You may have seen a post I submitted a few weeks back titled "A question for the UK people". Basically I have just relocated back to the UK from the US after a period of about 5 years and was asking about methods/recommendations for obtaining a good supply other than home delivery (due to nosy mother). Well, I am now back.

I understand that some brands may have changed/discontinued over the years since I have been away and it appears we are very much in common with our preferred nappy type :)

00Steve00 said:
Thanks for this post, I have found it very helpful and useful on my search for my new "go to" nappies.

You may have seen a post I submitted a few weeks back titled "A question for the UK people". Basically I have just relocated back to the UK from the US after a period of about 5 years and was asking about methods/recommendations for obtaining a good supply other than home delivery (due to nosy mother). Well, I am now back.

I understand that some brands may have changed/discontinued over the years since I have been away and it appears we are very much in common with our preferred nappy type :)
I'm not 100% sure I'd say there my preferred type I just fancy going back for a change, my current inexpensive, if inconvenient, supplier isn't selling ID slips anymore and I don't think there good enough to justify the prices from the online retailers.
ID slip super, the current cloth backed ones are a perfectly good nappy but there prices have shot way up, there now more expensive than tena slip maxi, and if I'm going to be buying tenas I'd rather have ones like 'back in the day' god I'm so old.
I've been wearing cloth backed during the day for roughly as long as you've been in the states, before that plastic backed was still fairly mainstream, now it's sidelined to a select few products per manufacturer most of which I've never really tried hence me asking here.
I'm also probibly going to be trying out new suppliers as well as products, shipping privacy is also a concern, with NRU I'd normally do a click&collect, picking up my order at a motorfactors or DPD warehouse but that's no longer a practical option for me, but could be a good option if you have access to a car over here.
I'll be putting in my orders to discount medical and dorset nursing next week.

Reactions: 00Steve00
In line with the thread theme...... I've restocked this week....
For those who don't getting deliveries at home, half of this load was sent directly to a local Homebase store. Its not flawless as every time I collect I get asked 'what's in it?'.....as this makes it easier to locate in the small pile of deliveries they have to sort through..

Unpackaged and concealed....
20210909_105229.jpg

Attachments

• 20210909_110520.jpg
    20210909_110520.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Love
Reactions: WillFord384, 00Steve00 and ElPulpo
Just gave the formacare comfort xplus a thorough test, wow, just wow, for less than 50p a nappy they might be unbeatable.
There a bit bulky so might be better for at work or overnight than for wearing out during the day but very impressed by the fit and elastics.
The plastic is a lovely colour and feel, I did have a tape pop, but I did tape it really tight and there old so glue probably isn't as strong as it should be.
So I'll be getting some formacares for sure.

The tena proskin slip I'm in now feels quite anemic in comparison, just a 'plus' so very thin and light, I wouldn't get anything less than super normally but they where all that I could get and now need used up.

Reactions: 00Steve00
woolyDL said:
In line with the thread theme...... I've restocked this week....
For those who don't getting deliveries at home, half of this load was sent directly to a local Homebase store. Its not flawless as every time I collect I get asked 'what's in it?'.....as this makes it easier to locate in the small pile of deliveries they have to sort through..

Unpackaged and concealed....
View attachment 62435
Curious........what are the ones with the big "M" on them?

00Steve00 said:
ABU Simple Ultra in size medium (M)

00Steve00 said:
The ABU supplier in UK seems super friendly and efficient, they supplied the Betterdry as well. The slipX plus ad Northshore are from The Incontinence Shop in Bolton.

Back