UK disposable nappy nostalgia 80s/90s

Status
Not open for further replies.
sambus said:
I want to see them pics please - maybe put them on a different thread though as you say this is supposed to be about disposables
I can get some pics taken and put up. Do you want to see it with rulers or side by side with another product, etc?

Last edited:
Reactions: sambus
PCS said:
Thanks! It’s been quite a journey!

There are now only a very few things that I have not seen photos of that I remember from growing up.

In particular Boots own disposable training pants and close up shots of the packaging of Sainsbury’s Stages nappies and Asda (I think!) V.I.P. nappies.

It’s funny how the memory has been jogged to.

Still searching for the elusive image that started it all, mind. I suspect that came from a Mothercare catalogue...
I used to love looking through the Mothercare catalogue!

I'm still looking for images of the Boots Stay Dry range from the mid-90s, and if I come across anything, I'll post it here.

Thanks again for this wonderful thread!

Reactions: ChocChip
Happy to help! 😁

Reactions: abrich
KnappFlannel said:
I can get some pics taken and put up. Do you want to see it with rulers or side by side with another product, etc?
Anything please, not bothered with rulers though but maybe side by side with some adult freestyle pants or something well known like L/XL drynites.

Reactions: KnappFlannel
PCS said:
She’d be more the target demographic in this day and age than 30 years ago, anyway...

AD4BCCDC-4C14-4FB8-A020-83FC3EC5FE0B.jpeg96323ABA-3A22-4889-B492-A71E23BF078B.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 77437, Thalie, abrich and 1 other person
They're hideous 🤣

Last edited:
Yeah... but Benetton could probably have made adult nappies into a mainstream fashion in the ‘90s, had they tried to...

Re the Benetton Nappies, I've seen pictures of the red ones a few times in both articles and ebay sales and they've always been mentioned as the largest size. That blue size is new to me and probably quite a few others, thats a pearler of an advert pic - nice one!

Not a UK one but we had the exact same nappies in 1989. Anyone care to translate from the German?

Reactions: Deleted member 77437, XLdiapers, Thalie and 1 other person
sambus said:
Re the Benetton Nappies, I've seen pictures of the red ones a few times in both articles and ebay sales and they've always been mentioned as the largest size. That blue size is new to me and probably quite a few others, thats a pearler of an advert pic - nice one!
That’s new to me as well. Way back when I used to collect a lot I had the red size and it was listed as 18-30kg. I’ve always seen the blue as smaller than red. The plastic on these diapers were rough too, I never liked them.

Reactions: sambus
1613937091169.jpeg

Remember these? Would love to see a replica in adult size, preferably using something like an Abena L4 as the basis.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 77437, xxPampersBoyxx, abrich and 2 others
Ohhhh yes do I remember those. Incredible pic, that takes me back 20 years to finding some at home in a cupboard. Thanks for sharing as ever.

Reactions: LittleScotty
Was there ever an ad for:
div10.jpg

and/or

DX07D1 Moltex (22 ud. Junior Plus (+20 kg.))_resized.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 77437, pamparompa and (deleted member)
12srepaid said:

I think the Peaudouce one might have been a pervy diaper pastie of the sort that was doing the rounds in the early 2000s. There was a similar looking one of a unisex DryNites age 10-17 in red which never existed in real life.

70-110cm waistband 40kg weight range doesn’t add up.

Reactions: 12srepaid
PCS said:
I think the Peaudouce one might have been a pervy diaper pastie of the sort that was doing the rounds in the early 2000s. There was a similar looking one of a unisex DryNites age 10-17 in red which never existed in real life.

70-110cm waistband 40kg weight range doesn’t add up.
I don't know. I got pastie ads fake package of Huggies Pull-Ups' Big Kids featuring Olsen Twins, but the image is very too small. Did you large image?

Attachments

• SHEET1_016.png
    SHEET1_016.png
    10.5 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
abdl2020 said:
I don't know. I got pastie ads fake package of Huggies Pull-Ups' Big Kids featuring Olsen Twins, but the image is very too small. Did you large image?
Yeah, that one was definitely fake. There were a lot of things like that going round in the early 2000s.

PCS said:
Yeah, that one was definitely fake. There were a lot of things like that going round in the early 2000s.
And what about images of fake/pastie ads including Drynites 10-17, etc.

abdl2020 said:
And what about images of fake/pastie ads including Drynites 10-17, etc.
What about them? I recall many of them were of questionable quality and/or content.

If you want to set up a separate thread for them, please feel free.

This one is for genuine 80s/90s product pics or info.

The DryNites 10-17 pastie I referred to is in this thread, however...

Last edited:
Yeah, fake ads are probably a bit dodgy, I’d only consider posting them if the person pictured is clearly over 18, and even then, the picture may not have been used with the subject’s consent, or may come from a pay site etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back