UK cloth wearers

Forced

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I’m hoping to get some recommendations for cloth nappies available in the UK. (Overseas deliveries will take too long)

I have a couple of prefolds nappies but would like some cloth nappies that are already folded/shaped and just need to have pins/nippas to secure the front. (Sorry, I don’t know the correct name of these products)

I have had pocket nappies but I would prefer just cloth that I will have to wear a pair of plastic pants over.

Thanks in advance.

Which UK suppliers have you looked at already?

Reactions: Forced
Babybearuk said:
Which UK suppliers have you looked at already?
I couldn’t find what I was looking for on either NappiesRUs or AbUniverse websites.
I don’t really use any other sites

How about these?

Babybearuk said:

How about these?
Thanks, this is the sort of thing I was looking for but I know that CosyNDry are quite expensive.
Is there a correct term for this sort of thing that I can search on eBay?

Forced said:
Thanks, this is the sort of thing I was looking for but I know that CosyNDry are quite expensive.
Is there a correct term for this sort of thing that I can search on eBay?

Sorry, wrong link.
This is what I’m after

I’m not sure what they’re called in the UK, but here in the US the ones I buy and wear are called contour diapers. Good luck on your search over there.

Forced said:
Sorry, wrong link.
This is what I’m after

I've previously bought,
Screenshot_20210713-212633~2.png
From,
But they're obviously having supply issues

You could easily make your own from,
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Viceroybed..._14?keywords=viceroy+jumbo+bath+sheet&sr=8-14
Or just use them as they are, as nappies (that's what I do; folded over to make an almost-square).

Why is folding an issue/problem?

Last edited:
ade said:
I've previously bought,
View attachment 59127
From,
But they're obviously having supply issues

You could easily make your own from,
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Viceroybed..._14?keywords=viceroy+jumbo+bath+sheet&sr=8-14
Or just use them as they are, as nappies (that's what I do; folded over to make an almost-square).

Why is folding an issue/problem?
Thanks for the suggestion.

Folding my prefolds isn’t a problem but the issue is that I’m not sure we (my G/F is caretaker) are doing it the correct way.
We’ve tried a number of different folds but they never seem to fit well around the waist and I always feel like they are going to fall down

Forced said:
Thanks for the suggestion.

Folding my prefolds isn’t a problem but the issue is that I’m not sure we (my G/F is caretaker) are doing it the correct way.
We’ve tried a number of different folds but they never seem to fit well around the waist and I always feel like they are going to fall down
I gave up on pins some years ago; I use mini-bungees instead:
full

(Just one across the front, holding the wrapped around back 'wings').

Despite what some may think, pins don't secure properly (unless you use loads) because the bulk of a nappy shifts as you move and the material stretches with moisture, and pins often distort and come undone.
Also, there's the issue tied in with pins of how you fit the nappy, which is often drawn from some memory snapshot or a media presentation, neither of which are reliable.

Although I earlier offered an 'almost-square' nappy, for children and adults, a more rectangular shaped nappy works better for fit and comfort.
With a square nappy, a lot of material wraps around the thighs which is okay, upto a point (including, where it becomes uncomfy and cumbersome), but the thighs obviously have a good range of movement and will tug at and shift the nappy causing it to loosen.

For folding, my preferred is thus:
full

Which is the same as was/is used in the early disposable nappies:
a14fe485bbb075691a6625b1c9aba752.jpg
By which picture you can see how it fans/splays out whilst having a channel for collection.
Coupled with a bungee for fixing, you just the material fall into a natural, bodily position and tension of the bungee keeps everything there.

Overall, though, the ideal which we'd like isn't realistic, and form and function are a matter of compromise.

Back