Uk Abena M4 find very happy :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Englandnap90

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi all,

I just purchased the classic style abena m4s online after ages of searching :)

Just thought I would let any ukers know they are around on eBay just need to look really hard lol

Should be delivered early next week

I'm one very happy DL

:)

What is the difference between them and those plastic ones that they sell on SaveExpress?
http://www.saveexpress.de/de/inkont...weiss-15.25.03.1106-folie-14er-packung?c=2505

But anyways, congrats on your find and have fun with them :D

Englandnap90 said:
Hi all,

Just thought I would let any ukers know they are around on eBay just need to look really hard lol

I'm one very happy DL

I no the classic are the old style that are plastic backed instead of textile like,

This was the first uk seller I have found and I'm really happy now:)

Can't wait for the delivery :)

Erm, those I linked to ARE plastic backed (folie = plastic)

Englandnap90 said:
I no the classic are the old style that are plastic backed instead of textile like,

This was the first uk seller I have found and I'm really happy now:)

Can't wait for the delivery :)

Oh right,

Mine are shipped in the uk so I paid little postage

They are still fairly hard to find though being discontinued and all ...

Plastic backed M4s are not discontinued... they just aren't distributed by many retailers anymore. Save Express in Germany is one of the places that still carry them, the international shipment is not the cheapest but the price of the diapers themselves is the cheapest I've seen around.

I ordered a pack of the M4's a while ago. You will like them. Congrats on finding them in the UK.

Englandnap90 said:
Hi all,

I'm one very happy DL

Thanks for the heads up, just bought some. Been wanting to try these for ages :)

My order came and I have to say the M4 is as good as everyone says. It's more bulky than the Tena Slip Maxi I usually wear but boy does it bulk up. I usually put on a fresh nappy just before going to bed but I put the M4 on at 9pm, wore it to bed, got up in the morning and sat around in it having a coffee etc before having a bath (my usual routine). It was saturated when I took it off and I noticed that every single bit of the padding had been used.

In contrast to this, I put on a Tena Maxi at 10pm last night and when I woke this morning it had leaked slightly around my behind. In all fairness to the Tena, this rarely happens so it might have been a protest at me changing brand. :rolleyes: However, when I took it off I could see that the padding wasn't fully absorbed so it's bad that it should have leaked the way it did.

If the M4 was readily available in the UK I'd definitely wear it at home and for bed but I'm not sure if I'd wear one regularly when I go out. It's more bulky than the Maxi and I think it's noisier too. I don't think the padding contains as much gel as the Maxi because it isn't as squishy but, nonetheless, I like the extra bulk. I'm going to wear an M4 when I go out with my mates tonight and I'm looking forward to seeing if I can have a few drinks without having to change nappy - but I'll take a spare along in case! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back