Ugh.... Pray for me, anyone? Might get laid off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
My mom just called me and said she got laid off. That means it could happen to me too..

The Hilton Hotel is laying off their staff and in all departments.

What the hell am I going to do...

I need that job.. until I'm at least 18...
And now that I am going to be laid off if they decide to...

Please pray for my family that it will be ok because my mom needs her job also..
And she was working 40+ hours/week there along with 45 hours at her other job.
Thankfully she still has the other job but who knows...
:( :wallbash: :wallbash: :dunno:

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
I'll keep you in my thoughts, and I hope that everything works out in the end.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
I'll keep you in my toughts and hope that you keep your job.

Arlikra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I don't know how much it will mean to you since we don't really know each other... It's never an easy time when somebody loses their job, but I hope everything works out okay for you and your family :smile:

*keeps his fingers crossed*

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Don't worry, if you get laid off the money you would have been earning will go to a person who truly deserves it.... Paris Hilton of course.

But really I hope you do not lose your job especially if it's by no fault of your own.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Always something isn't it? Best of luck to you mate, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
I hope you don't lose your job, but these days it seems like everybody is.

I know of a few local oil companies here that just closed down shops and fired around 1200 people each shop.

Blame the tough economic times. I will keep you in my thoughts though, and I hope you don't lose your job.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Well.. what they said is that I am safe for now but that might change, what makes me hopeful is that I told my boss I was going to get my GED and go to school to become a police officer. He told me show him my GED when I get it and he will let me work on the line and give me extra money...

Does that mean I'm not getting laid off?
Also they told me that they will call my mom back IF they think they need her.

And I don't think the Hilton is a crappy hotel, I like working here. Our hotel is not owned by Paris Hilton, btw it is owned by private investors.... :/

I think this may have something to do with the stock market.

I will hope for the best. Thank you all.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I also work at the Hilton but I am working next week. I hope I work the following week too. I have hardly worked since the end of November.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Our hotel is not owned by Paris Hilton, btw it is owned by private investors.... :/

Somewhere along the line money from the Hilton hotel you work at WILL end up in the hands of Paris Hilton. I also never said she owns the hotel your working at, but I am pretty sure she's making some money off it somewhere.

And thank god she doesn't own/run it. She would run the company into the ground. Also I am willing to bet there's a lack of people coming to your Hilton due to people wanting to save money. Everywhere I been to there's other hotels cheaper then the area's Hilton with pretty much the same services.

So I would blame smart consumers and bad hotel managers.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Lol. Well because of the economy, people can't afford to travel so they stay home. People go out less, shop less, do less fun things. Then more people get laid off so they have to budget their money they get from unemployment so they can pay their bills, so that's less guests and customers for other places.

Thank god gas prices aren't so high but just wait till summer. Then we'll see how high they get again.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Our Hilton attempts to match the rates. Last night our lowest rate was 56.00

I think that because the Twins ( baseball team ) stayed here for a while, that they left a lot of bad debt ( had to purchase a LOT of food to feed 100+ people every morning, noon and night.. )

And they may not pay up until the end of the season...

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
What can I say folks... life sucks... especially right now. I hate to sound callous and insensitive but just suck it up and deal with it. The nationwide unemployment rate is damn near 10% right now... so lots of people are going through the same thing you are. LuvsGurl's weekly hours have been cut from 40 to a little over 20... and her pay was cut by 3% too. You don't see us whining about it. All any of us can do is try to survive and wait it out... things will get better, but it will be a while. So be thankful for what you do have.

Status
Not open for further replies.