Ugh! No wonder society thinks we're a bunch of sickos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
That's happened a million times before. But yes... I will agree with you.

I think that if you really look you will find that every "community" has its malefactors... ne'er-do-wells... scoundrels... whatever you want to call them. Pedos, pervs, and sickos abound wherever you go.

I just think it is wrong of the media to blatantly go and point out that the man was wearing diapers. If he had been wearing "normal" underwear would they have pointed that out too? I think not.

The emphasis here needs to be on the man that sent the teen messages... not on what he was wearing.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I think I saw this before. He didn't know she was a teen, but it's still pretty screwed up. The people that do stuff like this always make us look bad. :(

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I'm with you guys this is discusting and it gives us a bad reputation.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
The emphasis here needs to be on the man that sent the teen messages... not on what he was wearing.
That's what happens when reporters try to report on something they know nothing about. I could go off on a tangent about that subject :mad:, but I won't. It was the inappropriate messages sent to a teen that was the whole issue, not his preference for wearing a diaper.

~Pramrider

tiger2

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
hey!
if a media story wan't to be made sensationalist then they can be....
though their just being moronic....

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Seen that before, yeah. It does make ABs look bad, but we're not all bad. I know a lot of ABs personally, via IM and I have run into some really questionable ones. One just a few months ago that really offended me.

WildThing121675

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
This is the same story from months ago right? Anyways I agree that its dumb but if anyone finds out I am a AB/DL I would love them to prove I did such things as this and prove that I am a sexual preadtor just for liking plushies and diapers.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Yes, I saw this quite a while ago, quite disgusting.

Of course they are going to show this, and not talk about a decent community like ours. What's fun about a board with well behaved people who are, for lack of a better word, normal? No no, society would rather read about Hiedy Lynn who walks around in diapers, the Jerry Springer babies who want to be babies 24/7 and anyone else who is extremists.

It's just like anything else, really. I know more about Lyndsay Lohan in rehab than I do about Angelina Jolies Charities.

Everyone wants the bad, it's juicy, and it makes your life look better. It just hits us harder because our community is so small.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
It always happens. Medias focus on the bad sides of everything. It's partly why, for instance, people keep critiquing Bush, while I think he's doing a great job compared to what other people would do if they were the president. That's why homosexuals are viewed as faggots, as Kraiden defines them. It's also why pedophiles are labeled as child molesters while it's a simple fantasy at most for most of them. And that's why infantilists are misunderstood in society.

Who cares about people not liking infantilists anyways? It's, at least partly, sexual for a lot of people, and sexuality isn't public. Everyone has secrets, and if yours is a little heavier than your neighbor, it's not that big of a deal.

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
this story is a repost from the old forums a while back, but yea -1 for the infantilist community. Whats worse is that with attention such as this it only brings more negativity on us because others associate diapers with children. When you have a grown man/woman who likes diapers, then the transitive property says that those same grown men/women like children which equals child molester aka pervert. The thing is this isnt ALWAYS the case but people fail to realize this. With the world we live in today there is not a single person or group that will fail to get noticed when they do something wrong.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Sure this is bad rep for us, and there are tons of things like this...But are we going to make a thread about every one of them? I'm not saying this thread was a bad idea, but I think it would be best to ignore any bad instances like this and just go on with our lives...If we worry about it too much, then we will become more associated with it, whereas we leave it alone, we can just go on with our lives

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
hey!
if a media story wan't to be made sensationalist then they can be....
though their just being moronic....
I must agree with you really.. The news is all about sensation and shock value to the public, or they'll never sell their newspaper

Not to put blame on anyone really, but have you seen this site's gallery? Excuse me for being mean but what do you think a normal person will be thinking upon seeing a ton of crotch shots of wet / dry / smelly / wet&smelly / any flavour you can think of, diapers?? I mean it's probably normal to the most of us but my friends would laugh upon seeing such pictures, no matter how understanding people are :eek:

X

xdeadx

Yes, Yes, Yes... It's usually how things happen. Can't do anything about it though.

Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah, when i think of a AB i think of that CSI episode. But i know thats not true that ab's are awsome, but the word AB sounds weird...lol, maybe its just me

B

baby kiffer

I must agree with you really.. The news is all about sensation and shock value to the public, or they'll never sell their newspaper

Not to put blame on anyone really, but have you seen this site's gallery? Excuse me for being mean but what do you think a normal person will be thinking upon seeing a ton of crotch shots of wet / dry / smelly / wet&smelly / any flavour you can think of, diapers?? I mean it's probably normal to the most of us but my friends would laugh upon seeing such pictures, no matter how understanding people are :eek:
Ugghh....that's why I don't look in the gallery anymore:wallbash:...though I used to use it on the older version of this site for posting my art...

...I don't want to flame anybody who posts those pictures in the gallery, so I apologize to those I may have just offended.

BUT I must also wonder....what would others think of those pictures? I am sure I am not the only one who does not like to see them...

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Ugghh....that's why I don't look in the gallery anymore:wallbash:...though I used to use it on the older version of this site for posting my art...

...I don't want to flame anybody who posts those pictures in the gallery, so I apologize to those I may have just offended.

BUT I must also wonder....what would others think of those pictures? I am sure I am not the only one who does not like to see them...
Amen to that! People really need to think before they put stuff online.

diapermefast

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
That is rather annoying its people like that who give us a bad name, unfortunatly some people get a "Kick" out of doing stuff like that..

Status
Not open for further replies.