UFOs and Aliens- Fact or Fiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Incontinent
Yep, this is the follow up to my ghost thread..

So, show of hands- who believes that we are not alone?

I am pretty convinced of the existance of aliens. They MUST exist in order for the Universe to make any senses at all. The Government isn't fooling anyone as far as I am concerned. Here they are tryign to tell us, that in all those stars and planets we won't reach for another couple hundred years, there is NO life? Come on.. you expect us to believe that?:confused: Yet, NASA contradicts them, by sending signals and crap across the Universe? Obviously, you must know of sopme life, why else would they bother doing that?

Not to mention the overwhelming evidence that there is aliens, and that we are visited by them in the form of flying saucers, or other space craft. I'm not even talking about Roswell either.. I'm tlaking about the undisclosed documents in existance, thousands of eyewitness trestimonies, and other incidents that have occured. Like Kecksberg. I think it's pretty clear what happened there.. Why else, would Men in Black be there, and why else would civilians be held at gun point by agents? An asteriod crashed, and glowed blue for several hours? A likely story.. :heiscrazy:

What about the incident that happened in my own state a few weeks ago? Allenville? I've seen the video about 50 times, and there is no astronomical, or earthly explanation for that.. The lights were changign shape, and movinf in three dimensional patterns. One would go behinsd the other, etc. Many lights would vanish completely, and then reappear later in another place.
The government hasn't even said anything about it yet.. Hmm, most suspicious, says me.. :suspicious:

I'm sure some of these stories can be explained.. but some simply cannot, and the government needs to share knowledge about it all. I don't think every incident is a UFO or aliens, there are some whackos out there, after all, but the evidence simply can't be denied..

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I don't believe that aliens have ever visited Earth, I think we'd know about it! And I don't think the government could cover up stuff like that.

But I think it's reasonable to believe that other life exists. The universe is just so big, there's a good chance that the perfect conditions for life to develop are repeated. Maybe even intelligent life is out there...
But I don't think we'll be seeing aliens for a long time, if ever.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
It seems very unlikely to me that, in the whole universe, we are the *only* planet capable of sustaining sentient life. So unlikely, in fact, that I think we can safely rule out the possibility that we are the only planet on which life evolved.

Based on that, I would say that alien life definitely does exist. The odds of us being the only planet capable of supporting the evolution of life are so small that I feel we simply have to assume alien life is out there. To do otherwise flies in the face of the odds.

That isn't a really interesting question, though, because it is so easily settled.

The interesting questions are :
(1) Are there any intelligent aliens within a reasonable distance of us?
(2) If there are, would they be interested in talking to us?
(3) How would we treat each other?

As to those questions... frankly I don't know.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
There probably is clear evidence, like Technology. We can't be sure what is really our own creations, and what isn't anymore, as our govt. covers that stuff up.(there are supposed unclassifed documents you can read on this.)

But I'm not really sure how the world would react if we found out aliens did exist. Shock? Maybe- but I think deep down people will know that they have always suspected it. I think it more likely, that there would be Anarchy towards the government, for lying or all these years. The way I see it, there are a few ways we can know aliens exist for sure:

1.)They come down, and let everyone know they exist.
2.)They attack, and we have a War of the Worlds type of situation.
3.)They answer our signals, and send one back to us.
4.)Our technology advances far enough so that we can travel all the way across the Universe.
5.)The government speaks up.

None of which are likely any time soon.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I wonder how many other races in other galaxies so far off are at the same point in their evolution, trying to reach out but not knowing where exactly to look? Who knows, perhaps one day, we could be the aliens someone's been waiting to discover!

My beliefs are that other intelligent races would likely look similar to us. I'm not anticipating gray aliens or anything of the sort, but humanistic-looking people with a similar mental growth and a similar ability to express themselves. I believe the way that we look and the way that we act and function are specifically oriented to our distance from the Sun and our placement in the rest of our system, and if it requires almost similar environments to sustain life, then these "aliens" would be much the same as us.

I've never witnessed any peculiar sightings, but I'm damned sure -- because the mathematics are far too widespread to assume any different -- that we're not the only ones out here.

Role
Private
Like Moo said, with the countless planets and galaxies out there, I find it highly doubtful that we are the only planet to support intelligent life.

babymikey

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little, Other
we dont support inteligent life look what were doing to this planet thats not intelligent but i have to agree with u there has to be more than us out there

Role
Private
we dont support inteligent life look what were doing to this planet thats not intelligent but i have to agree with u there has to be more than us out there
Intelligent life: Regards to the fact we have consciousness, that we realise our own existence, life and spiritualism. That we are alive and that we will eventually die.

But yes what you've said it also true.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer, Private
i have something thats fun to think about. lets say that tones of other galaxies have intelegent life, but we are the most intelegent. lets say we are the first to visit another planet. what do you think we would find and how do you think they will react?

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
i have something thats fun to think about. lets say that tones of other galaxies have intelegent life, but we are the most intelegent. lets say we are the first to visit another planet. what do you think we would find and how do you think they will react?
Actually that is the precedent of the entire universe my Science fiction stories are based on. I have some good ones in the works, keep an eye out for them.

As for life existing elsewhere, Of course it does. Intelligent life is still likely, but less so than life in general. Take Earth for example. It would have been incredibly easy for intelligent life (Humans) not to evolve. It took a lot of luck for this, which other planets might not have.

Last edited:

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
M own opinion.

I'm pretty sure that life exists out there somewhere. That life could be some sort of uni-cellular creature living on a planet with no water. It might not be carbon based, like us.

Now, that is to say, the probability of it visiting us is so small that I doubt we've ever been visited by any alien creatures whatsoever. All those flashing lights? All those dots in the sky? All those cigarrette-shaped ships?

The government does like to hide their technological inovations. They don't want any enemies, or potential enemies, to discover their new technology. So they don't tell their own people. So they hide everything from the public eye. That alone can pretty much account for every siting of UFOs around the planet.

What about people that get abducted? Well, there's this thing called "sleep paralysis". It's actualy pretty common, and I've experienced it myself. I don't feel like getting into it, so Google it. That explains half of our abduction stories. The other half are people seeking attention. See: http://youtube.com/watch?v=TKk8bN8Ka5g

What about crop circles, you ask? Well... Something like 75% of the world's crop circles are man-made. Yes, even the most complex patterns, those that were said to have been impossible for humans to design, are man-made. Hell, there's a whole society dedicate to it: http://circlemakers.org/

It's best to keep an open mind, right? So, before we can conclude that aliens have definately been here, we must first find a reason for their being here. Why would beings from a distant solar system (possibly a different galaxy alltogether) travel millions of lightyears from their home planet just to see us? That's assuming they had sufficient technology to locate our position. Do they want to colonize? Experiment? Destroy us? Or are they just curious about us?

If they were curious enough to shoot off across the galaxy at such speeds that are (to our knowledge) impossible, why would they not reveal themselves? Fear? You'd think that if they were intelligent enough to build engines that could break the speed of light, they would have far superior weapons to our own.

So let's recap. There is no conclusive evidence that aliens have visited our backwater planet. Any evidence is easily shot down with natural phenomenon, attention-seeking people, government protection their own tech, stupid people, hallucinations, ect. Aliens would also have no reason for being here. It would be pretty much impossible for aliens to get here.

The human race will most likely never come into contact with any kind of alien. Maybe, one day, we will through radio signals from the SETI program. Don't get me wrong; I actualy want there to be aliens running around on our planet. I'm a fan of sci-fi. But so far, that's the only place aliens belong. In science-fiction.

... In this case, absence of evidence is indeed evidence of absence.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Note- A book I recently read called Entering Space gives some probabilities of us running into intelligent life, but I think those probabilities are a little bit off because they seem to be based on the Idea that every planet that develops life would develop intelligent life. In my opinion, Intelligence only arrises as a result of natural selection, e.g. the ones who survive are the ones who out smart. It would be much easier from an evolutionary standpoint to simply make larger leg muscles than to develop an immensly complex brain. So, Humans got extremely lucky to become intelligent. And as mentioned earlier, not all planets may have that luck.

The Book also shows us how we could go to Mars and beyond with technology that exists today. I highly reccomend it to anyone who likes to blur the line between science and science-fiction.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Note- A book I recently read called Entering Space gives some probabilities of us running into intelligent life, but I think those probabilities are a little bit off because they seem to be based on the Idea that every planet that develops life would develop intelligent life. In my opinion, Intelligence only arrises as a result of natural selection, e.g. the ones who survive are the ones who out smart. It would be much easier from an evolutionary standpoint to simply make larger leg muscles than to develop an immensly complex brain. So, Humans got extremely lucky to become intelligent. And as mentioned earlier, not all planets may have that luck.
Yes, I think you're correct. Either our planet is hopelessly lame with life, coming up with one unintelligent species after another for millions of years, or intelligence is not an easy or likely thing to come about. Just my personal, only slightly educated guess, I'm betting that lots of planets have life, but most of it would only be interesting to scientists. Lots of bacteria of different kinds, some simple stuff, and likely some very unusual stuff based off other molecules (silicon comes up again and again as a likely possibility). Intelligence, however, could be really, really rare.

I'm hoping there are more smart things out there somewhere and that we'll hear from them some day, but I find the idea of actual visits from them to be pretty unlikely. Even discounting all that I've said above and assuming there was lots of intelligent life out there, we'd be hard to find still. I also think that even if our governments were interested in concealing this, they're simply not that capable. Not everyone wants in on a conspiracy, and mistakes happen constantly. Evidence better than the poor examples I've seen would be available at the very least and if not that, what reason do intelligent beings who can overcome the laws of physics as we understand them care about what such idiot governments think? Any species that's too emotionally fragile to withstand the notion of intelligent life elsewhere in the universe isn't going to make it very far, so why would they walk on eggshells around us?

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
We are not alone in the universe.
Bacteria lives on Mars and probably other kind of live forms are hidden somewhere.
Another example is the Panspermia (The hypothesis That the "seed" of life already exist all over the universe and life on Earth may have originate through these "seeds").

About UFO... I think most of the sightings are fake. there are Hundreds of satellites around the Earth and is impossible to not confirm this sightings.
...or maybe some people are trying to keep everything hidden.

PuddleFopsKit

Est. Contributor
Role
A comment about the comment on crop circles:

I have no doubt that most are fakes- but there some things that cannot be explained. I'm talking about the expulsion cavities at the base of the stalks. There is currently no explanation for that, and only a small percentage on crop circles have it.

Not only that, but have you heard crop circle music? It turns out that is you put the geometric patterns into a computer, it makes beautiful music. But again, this is only present on some crop circles. Particularly, the ones with expulsion cavities.

Coincidence? Possibly.. I don't see why aliens would leave us music.. but they are smarter than us.

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little, Other
I was waiting for this one! (the topic, I mean) I almost made it myself... :smile1:

We are not alone in the universe.
Bacteria lives on Mars and probably other kind of live forms are hidden somewhere.
Another example is the Panspermia (The hypothesis That the "seed" of life already exist all over the universe and life on Earth may have originate through these "seeds").
Exactly! It would be hard to believe that we're alone in the entire universe. I think anyone that would say that we're alone just has no concept of the size of the universe. Panspermia really does make a lot of sense too. Everything came from the big bang. There's no reason to believe that we're the only planet with life other than just not having been able to discover another yet. (unless it's been kept secret)

About UFO... I think most of the sightings are fake. there are Hundreds of satellites around the Earth and is impossible to not confirm this sightings.
...or maybe some people are trying to keep everything hidden.
Many sightings are surely hoaxes, jokes, or honest mistakes. However, many are very real and just can't be easily explained away. Often, the alleged "official" explanations given for UFO sightings just make little to no sense. Meteors do not change directions. I don't see how a star or planet could be mistaken for a UFO. Stars and planets as seen without a telescope are way too small! Satellites also aren't very big as seen from Earth, but they could account for some. Airplanes could be mistaken for UFOs if someone isn't careful. But.... many sightings just look like things no one has ever seen before.

Happy Lurker said:
The government does like to hide their technological inovations. They don't want any enemies, or potential enemies, to discover their new technology. So they don't tell their own people. So they hide everything from the public eye. That alone can pretty much account for every siting of UFOs around the planet.
It makes sense. But, the secret technologies must be really advanced, considering what people have seen. Many are very credible witnesses and there have been some mass sightings lately (like Stephenville, Texas). Some of the things people have seen are radically different from anything we know we have. (the things that aren't kept secret from us) But... It's possible that we have the best minds in the world, behind the scenes, creating technology that we can only imagine. The technology is slowly leaked to the public in different ways so the general public doesn't become too suspicious. However, I see nothing that says ET visitation is impossible... just not extremely likely according to what we know (so far, anyway).

Any evidence is easily shot down with natural phenomenon, attention-seeking people, government protection their own tech, stupid people, hallucinations, ect.
"government protection their own tech" can definitely explain almost everything according to the evidence. UFOs definitely exist. It's just a question of what they are and who controls them.

It would be pretty much impossible for aliens to get here.

The human race will most likely never come into contact with any kind of alien.
OBJECTION!
Sorry, excuse me. :laugh:
Anyway, that's not true. Even if the aliens do not have technology for FTL travel (though they probably would), then it's possible that they could still come here. They could just make the difficult trip in person (Who even knows how long aliens live? I know I don't.) or, even more likely, send drones/robots... or maybe even sentient androids.

Aliens would also have no reason for being here.
Did you ask them? :tongueout: I'm sure there are many reasons that aliens would want to visit Earth... maybe some reasons we can barely imagine.

There's one major thing that points to an actual alien presence on Earth. There were mass sightings of UFOs before we even had the technology to build airplanes. There was even an alleged UFO crash in Aurora, Texas in the late 1800s. A piece of extremely unusual metal was recovered, but the rest of the evidence has been hidden or destroyed before even being discovered. (maybe I could go into this more in another post... I have to go to bed now. :eek: )

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
(making a new post because the other one is huge)
There might be evidence that aliens exist and are visiting earth. Or there might be evidence that we really are alone in this section of our galaxy. Either way, the only people qualified to assert that with any degree of certainty are experts in the relevant fields. The experts in those fields would probably shut up if the governments told them to... so in any case I'm not sure we can trust their word either.
Many experts are people that just want to know the truth.... whatever it may be. Sure, some, or maybe many, experts would shut up if told to do so by the government, but I doubt they all would. We live in a world where "all" usually doesn't apply. For example, not everyone can agreee on what's best for the USA... which is why we have democrats, republicans, and other comparatively small political parties. Sure, there are scammers out there that just want people's money, but they usually show suspicion in some way. Maybe some ufology "experts" are actually hired by the government to plant false information. Not all. Basically, though there may be exceptions, I doubt that all the ufology experts are in on some kind of "believer" deception conspiracy.

Unclear evidence, like sightings of lights in the sky, etc, is very easily dismissed as one of a number of easily explainable and probable phenomena, from the brain playing tricks to people making it up for attention.
Yep, many things can be explained away. That just doesn't always work though, because of mass sightings where simple explanations just don't work. When it comes down to it, without considering aliens, the best explanation is secret technology. Something odd flies around in the Earth's skies.... alien or not.

Also, I have another idea (or two) of how aliens could get here without going "faster" than light. They could have found some sort of way to create artificial wormholes. Unfortunately, we just don't know much about wormholes. My second idea is teleportation... but once again, we just don't know too much about it yet. We definitely still have a lot to learn about the universe. There may even be some way of traveling large distances that we haven't imagined.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
you guys gotta watch out, there are some pretty evil aliens out there, one of them is called Xenu! you know this guy sent Thetans several of millions years ago and they got brainwashed and then because of a big hydrobomb a volcano exploded and the thetans got free and now they posses our bodies... Belive It! :leer:

ShippoFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Nooooooooooo! Not Xenu! But don't worry.... Naruto will defeat him! BELIEVE IT!
(sorry :D)

There's one major thing that points to an actual alien presence on Earth. There were mass sightings of UFOs before we even had the technology to build airplanes. There was even an alleged UFO crash in Aurora, Texas in the late 1800s. A piece of extremely unusual metal was recovered, but the rest of the evidence has been hidden or destroyed before even being discovered.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurora_Texas_UFO_Incident

There's the Wikipedia article about the incident. This seems to be the biggest argument against it...

As a correction, there were actually a few pieces of strange metal found. Unfortunately, it's possible that the metal was placed there after the 1800s.

wikipedia said:
In an interview with Time magazine in 1979, Etta Pegues claimed that S.E. Hayden, the local correspondent who sent the news of the incident to nearby newspapers in Dallas and Fort Worth, "wrote it as a joke and to bring interest to Aurora. The railroad bypassed us, and the town was dying."
It does make a lot of sense. If they were afraid the town was losing too many people, then they could have created the story to attract attention.

However, in the 1970s, three witnesses were interviewed. One claimed it was a hoax and the other two said it was real. They were both, of course, young at the time of the incident.

Attempts were made by ufologists to exhume the body of the supposed alien, but all of the attempts have been blocked. The explanation is that there could be many unmarked graves in the area from the mid-1800s. Since the original grave marker (for the alien) is gone, that means there's no way to know for 100% certain just where the body is buried. If that marker hadn't been removed, then maybe the exhumation would have eventually been approved.

The metal from the wreckage was supposedly thrown into a well, which has since been sealed off. Attempts have been made to access the well, but it's on private property now, and the owner has not replied to any investigators wishing to check the well. Checking the well could put this case to bed forever.

More links
http://www.ufocasebook.com/Aurora.html
http://www.altereddimensions.net/aliens/AuroraTexasCrash.htm
http://www.rense.com/general3/aurora.htm
http://www.alienationsam.com/historic_ufo/aurora_texas_crash.html
(The last link contains a scan of the original article from 1897)

I guess I exaggerated when I said this was a "major" event that points to an extraterrestrial presence on Earth. If more evidence were discovered, then it would be major. Maybe there's still something down in that well? It's unlikely though, since there has been plenty of time for the government to remove the debris. It's possible that it was all just a hoax. If not, then we may never know the truth.

And.... There are some other cases that may indicate an alien presence on Earth, but I'm not sure which is best.

Before ending this post, I want to get one more link in. This is about the "Great Airships" of the 1800s. The alleged crash in Aurora wasn't the only UFO seen in the 1800s. Many other similar ships were reported to have been seen across the USA. None of them were crashes though, as far as I have heard. Could there be an explanation for all of these? Due to the shape, they couldn't be hot air balloons, so what were they?

http://ufos.about.com/od/ufohistory/a/earlyreports.htm

EDIT: NEW INFORMATION! While not exactly proof that extraterrestrials have visited Earth, new evidence shows that Earth-like planets may be more common than previously thought!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/7249884.stm

Last edited:

Rissy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Y_Y Thethan is just a scientology name for spirits... as in your spirit... As in you possessing your own body...

Status
Not open for further replies.