Tyra Banks + Infantilism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
I saw this on DailyDiapers (don't worry, it's safe) tonight, and I've never seen it before (some people have, but I haven't seen a thread on it).

This girl is one brave soul. Listen to her story, sound familiar anyone? Probably all of us at one point or another, in some shape or form.

http://www.dailydiapers.com/tube/play.php?vid=351

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
Woah, didn't see those! xD, well, it's open for discussion now xP.

Role
Private
It was a while back, but we got this one covered pretty well with three threads:

http://www.adisc.org/forum/teenbaby/2449-tyra-banks-show.html

http://www.adisc.org/forum/teenbaby/3903-tyra-banks-ab-dl-video.html

http://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-baby/4166-ab-tyra-banks.html

They're all closed at this point, so it's just as well to start fresh so people can chew it over some more.
I like that Tyra kept going after abuse/neglect - "what happened when you were 6?" Oh well. That woman is brave, far more brave than I shall ever be in this arena. :)

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
There are a lot of people who thought of Tyra as "dumb," "rude," and "inconsiderate." I personally liked it. The audience laughed, and Tyra looked baffled, but ya gotta admit, wearing diapers as an adult is pretty weird. I'm sure I'd have the same reaction if a couple years ago, someone came on stage and talked about how they love wearing a fursuit because they feel like an animal.

I'd be like WTF CSI?

Why? because that's ALL I knew around the time about furries.

The people on the show have NEVER heard about this stuff before, they were curious! As for the audience laughing, how the hell is that Tyras fault? She can't control their reaction. Mind you, if it got loud she could have said "Hey guys, what's so funny?" or something along those lines, but it was a few laughs and a few shocked faces. Big deal, I'd expect nothing less.

All in all, the show was great, and I still luffles Tyra.

BearCub22

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I saw this the other day as well. Like I said on my intro thread. This movement seems to becoming slightly main stream and popularised throught the web. Tara seemed freaked though. LOL

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
It baffles me how many people could have Infantilism. Baffles me, I say!

jason6

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
i have seen this several times and i comend her for going on there about this.

baby jester

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
yeah i just watched it for the first time. i like the fact that tyra didnt attack her calling it stupid or what ever. im not used to the show but she seemed to ask really personal questions (but that may just be Tyra for you). i think it should have ended, "well thats what she does in her private life, but to us, she is a mature, normal person".

Dark Bringer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Secret Lives of Women did an episode called "Fetishes and Fantasies." You should be able to easily find both on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRg5RG5_otk
I found these videos very helpful. It was nice to see something helpful that would be good for to showing a loved one instead of a freak show like Jerry Springer or CSI. SLoW and Tyra helped give me the courage to finally tell my parents, who turned out to be okay with me wearing diapers.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Yeah yeah I know about this and honestly, I hope she burns in hell for the things she said on that show to that girl and about infantilists in general. She was cruel in a very diva way, best way to put I think.

Although some karma did come around and hit her, actually I think this might have been before this show aired, if so then I wish I was there in the crowd to say "Shut up bitch! You shit your panties so your one to talk by calling people "beyond weird." She probably would have shat herself again if I or someone else screamed that out on live tv hahaha. She would have had egg alllllll over her face (meaning she looks really dumb/hypocritical).

Here is the store if you all want to check it out.

/http://www.ifiwasamillionaire.com/tyra-banks/tyra-banks-craps-herself/

Hope you all had fun laughing at that hypocritical and narcissitic diva. I know I did when I saw that! :D

supercas29

Est. Contributor
Role
, Carer
Honestly Eclipse, what was Tyra suppose to say? Infanilisim is not cute, and it's not normal. Nothing about having a sexual desire to go on yourself is in any way appealing, but there is a strong level of understanding that anybody can have... and Tyra Banks tries really hard to put topics out there that are hard to swallow. It doesn't in any way make her a stupid woman. If anything... she's trying real hard to be on the supportive side of making hard to talk about subjects more publically known, so that when an AB or DL decideds to confide in somebody they know... that person can be all "Oh hey, I think I've heard of that somewhere" instead of just out and out thinking that it's effin gross and wierd. Granted, I've always in some way been changing children or adults through child care or home health... I still didn't understand the fettish side of it, and having previous knowledge would have made things a lot easier to handle. It's easy to say that there's tons of websites where you can load up on all the knowledge you need and there's no reason to address such topics in shows, but unless you have a reason or need to be looking this stuff up... you're pretty much blind to it. I think Tyra did a pretty ok job. Not magnificent, but pretty ok.

A

annierighthurr

I remember when this aired lol
I saw it in the breakroom at work with 4 or 5 of my employees and then had to listen to them talk about that weird "diaper fetish" all afternoon til I told them it was no one's right to judge anybody and to get back to work. :laugh: Thank goodness I'm in charge, it was very annoying.

As for my opinion... eh, I don't really have one. I think she didn't have to be a diva about it and look so darn shocked every second, but it is truthfully hard to fit something as complicated as infantilism into 6 minutes. I liked the psychologist at the end, seemed to balance some of the "diva"ness.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Okay, the crowd laughed. Okay, she may have been a little rude. But please allow me to point out that it isn't normal for an adult to want to wear diapers and act like a baby. People do not like that which is not normal - it frightens them, if it is not normal it is different and if it is different it could be dangerous, so are genes say lets assume it is, just to be safe. To be honest, I was expecting far worse based on peoples descriptions of it. Okay, they weren't exactly paragons of good behaviour, but quite acceptable considering they quite possibly haven't heard of this before, and humans tend towards being closed minded. It is nice to wish for better treatment, but unless you go out and look for the most open minded people there are you aren't going to get it.

Okay, it wasn't perfect, but it could have been far worse. I am happy that there are some people who aren't the stereotypical fat 50 year old man who lives it 24/7/365 who feel able to come out and talk about it, and get nothing more then people looking at them and going "okay, that is slightly weird". I know I am not brave enough to do that, and for those people that are brave enough I thank you. You do good things for the community!

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Okay, the crowd laughed. Okay, she may have been a little rude. But please allow me to point out that it isn't normal for an adult to want to wear diapers and act like a baby. People do not like that which is not normal - it frightens them, if it is not normal it is different and if it is different it could be dangerous, so are genes say lets assume it is, just to be safe. To be honest, I was expecting far worse based on peoples descriptions of it. Okay, they weren't exactly paragons of good behaviour, but quite acceptable considering they quite possibly haven't heard of this before, and humans tend towards being closed minded. It is nice to wish for better treatment, but unless you go out and look for the most open minded people there are you aren't going to get it.

Okay, it wasn't perfect, but it could have been far worse. I am happy that there are some people who aren't the stereotypical fat 50 year old man who lives it 24/7/365 who feel able to come out and talk about it, and get nothing more then people looking at them and going "okay, that is slightly weird". I know I am not brave enough to do that, and for those people that are brave enough I thank you. You do good things for the community!

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Honestly Eclipse, what was Tyra suppose to say? Infanilisim is not cute, and it's not normal. Nothing about having a sexual desire to go on yourself is in any way appealing, but there is a strong level of understanding that anybody can have... and Tyra Banks tries really hard to put topics out there that are hard to swallow. It doesn't in any way make her a stupid woman. If anything... she's trying real hard to be on the supportive side of making hard to talk about subjects more publically known, so that when an AB or DL decideds to confide in somebody they know... that person can be all "Oh hey, I think I've heard of that somewhere" instead of just out and out thinking that it's effin gross and wierd. Granted, I've always in some way been changing children or adults through child care or home health... I still didn't understand the fettish side of it, and having previous knowledge would have made things a lot easier to handle. It's easy to say that there's tons of websites where you can load up on all the knowledge you need and there's no reason to address such topics in shows, but unless you have a reason or need to be looking this stuff up... you're pretty much blind to it. I think Tyra did a pretty ok job. Not magnificent, but pretty ok.
If you listened closely there was numerous insults she threw at us *b/dl's...two I remember specifically are *Turns around to the audience* "Do yall find this weird? I see it like way beyond weird, like OMG WEIRD!" and also she said to the girl "Well the only thing good about this is if you need diapers whens your older, you wont care!" Those are called PG rated insults, they are insults that a diva would give, because their insults, but not harsh enough be prosecuted for them by her producers and such. Regardless you can tell those are defiantly insults to our community, and she did not mean good saying them, it was obvious by the tone of her voice.

To tell the truth I wish she never had a ab/dl on there, it just made us look stupid. Just as hypnotized showed, that a group of 5 viewers with her took it all by looking at ab/dl's in a very negative way, because Tyra was giving insults and negative vibes, so as you can see every non *b/dl watching that thinks were like crazy now. Despite it being unnormal thats no reason to give us PG rated bashing.

I remember when this aired lol
I saw it in the breakroom at work with 4 or 5 of my employees and then had to listen to them talk about that weird "diaper fetish" all afternoon til I told them it was no one's right to judge anybody and to get back to work. :laugh: Thank goodness I'm in charge, it was very annoying.
Wow I commend you greatly, annoying is an understatement of what it would have done to me. After seeing that dumb diva bia bash us on tv and then have a group of co-workers start bashing us, I might just have pulled my hair out. I am glad you put them in their place though, good job! :D

I understand that because were very ab-normal people look at us differently, but people seriously need to stop doing that because it will kill the human race one day. It is just as bad as racism, if not the worse.

Yeah I will agree with you on one thing, at least it wasnt a big old fat man like you occasionaly see online. It still was as worse as it could have possibly been with a semi attractive female.

God I gotta take a break from talking about this, it makes me so damn angry!

supercas29

Est. Contributor
Role
, Carer
It may make you angry... but it's necessary. If this is ever going to be taken even half way serious by people that don't have a clue... it needs exposure. That woman that went on the show was very brave for doing so. Anybody that choses to come out about anything they have to hide should be seen as brave. Not stupid for possibly outing their community, but brave for trying to get the word out that it's not weird. You should really be less critical about it.

July

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I cannot stand Tyra. That woman Rachel is really brave though... it's one thing to be out to family and friends and it's another to talk about it in front of an audience while America watches... Good for her though!

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
It may make you angry... but it's necessary. If this is ever going to be taken even half way serious by people that don't have a clue... it needs exposure. That woman that went on the show was very brave for doing so. Anybody that choses to come out about anything they have to hide should be seen as brave. Not stupid for possibly outing their community, but brave for trying to get the word out that it's not weird. You should really be less critical about it.
Hmmm you misread my post really bad, I never took a single stab at rachel and I do commend her for doing what she did. I was insulting Tyra not the ab/dl rachel on the show. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.