• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Type of diaper you use

Which diaper do you use

• Cloth & plastic pants

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • Disposable

Votes: 79 94.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

babyboy

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
I personally like cloth diapers with waterproof pants.

So what do you like cloth/plastic pants or disposable.

Brandon0217

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have always liked disposables much better. I know they are not good for the environment but they are just so comfortable and convenient.

babyboy

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
Brandon0217, I will admit disposables are a bit more convenient when out and about, but I do personally find cloth diapers with waterproof pants a lot more comfortable. I will admit it is a bit more work to use, pinning them on, tucking the plastic pant into the diaper, rinsing them out after use (before putting them into the diaper pail), and washing them every few days.

Plus the plastic pants have more babyish prints on them (so do the diapers, but the plastic pants are what is most visible) , while disposable (adult ones) are mostly white (or the ones with babyish prints on them are very expensive for just a 1 time use)

Also I tend to sleep on my side, and the plastic pants (pull ons) keep it in till my diaper can absorb it, with disposable it will just leak out (and if I was to wear a plastic pant with the disposable it would just stay there and not get absorbed, and get pushed out as i roll over at night)

Finally I find that cloth diapers seam to hold more wetting then disposable. And for some reason disposable just don't feel right to me.

As you can see I don't do it for environmental reasons, but that is a side benefite to them too.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
:bunny: I use plastic pants over doubled disposables. This gives me more absorbency and protection and seems more convenient over all. Although cloth diapers with plastic pants are more nostalgic to me. (they didn't have disposables when I was a baby/toddler.) :bunny:

S

soren456

Disposable. Because to me, cloth and plastic pants are not diapers.

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I am another user of cloth diapers and plastic pants. I wore them as a baby and a child until I was 9 for wetting my bed. I started to wet my bed again over 15 years ago and choosing cloth diapers and plastic pants was not a hard choice to make. I also use disposables as a filler for my night diapers and when I go out while diapered under my clothes. I also never wear diapers without plastic pants too. :smile:

Rational

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Disposebles are the best for me because there easily taken care of after use.

LostInMyHead

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
I've been using disposables and then I found a chick in minnesota who makes "little boy" briefs with the cartoon prints etc...but in teen/adult sizes. So I'm able to get really cool print briefs to wear over my diapers.

I had a cloth diaper once from DPF several years ago but it was waaaay to thick and not practical for walking/sleeping/anything...its was just this huge sewn together wad of cloth that didn't feel like a natural diaper should. I'd be curious to see if there are any practical & comfortable cloth diapers.

Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy, , Carer
bambinos disposible FTW but i wnat to try that ABU kind soon

babyemo

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover,
i like the absorbant kind! er... cloth with no plastic pants!

actually cheap disposables are best IMO!

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I really only use disposables, they just seem easier. I've never tried a cloth diaper, though maybe someday.

Lazy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Incontinent
Disposable for sure. To me, they are the surpeme diaper. Everyone goes on about how diapers are so convenient but when under question, you simply cannot deny the disposable's superiority.

They're white and crinkly, just like I remember in my childhood. They provide a level of security and comfort and when you're done with one, you can just get yourself wiped and changed, sprinkle a little baby powder and you're in a fresh diapee :]

Cloth may have been the original but I grew up with disposables and to me they have more nostalgia and convienience than cloth.

I admit though if I wanted to be diapered 24/7 i'd probably wear cloth at home and wear disposables outside.

-

Things that make Disposables awesome:

- Convenience (After use, throw away. Some are biodegradable)
- Aesthetic (In the eye of the beholder, but you never see cloth diaper commercials, they have those cute stickers that you can add yourself like Bambino's have)
- Smell (pertains to baby diapers)
- Hygiene: Sitting in your own bodily wastes isn't all that healthy but it is to my understanding that most diapers now feature pH neutralization and odor elimination
- Discreet: Some diapers are more discreet than others but cloth diapers are always so bulgy. Which isn't a problem, I love a thick diaper myself but most of us can't afford the notoriety.

babyboy

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
I had a cloth diaper once from DPF several years ago but it was waaaay to thick and not practical for walking/sleeping/anything...its was just this huge sewn together wad of cloth that didn't feel like a natural diaper should. I'd be curious to see if there are any practical & comfortable cloth diapers.
I like babykins

goodnites2002

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Disposable. When I was a baby I was diapered in cloth, however my draw into diapers has always been for disposables.

Z

zakrawr

disposable:

much less hassle than washing, bleaching and drying cloth nappies,plus wouldn't want them on the line for the neighbors to see,lol.

that mushy gelly feeling when wet that cloth can't do, is one of my fav things about disposable.

pH neutralization and fast wicking in the better brands like abena x plus, so u don't sit in a puddle,lol.
i tend to find crap disposables like lille/kendall don't wick well.

plastic covered mostly

tapes

PFD

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I wore cloth exclusively, but switched to disposables a few years back. Laundry was an issue, as was leaking. I wear premium disposables - Abena these days - which absorb quickly and hold well. I have less problems with rash, and find disposables more comfrotable than cloth: there is less clumping when wet (I wore prefold cloth, perhaps fitted cloth diapers would have been more comfortable, even than disposables.)
I wear a terry-lined polyester pant from Babykins over my diapers when I'm home, or when I don't mind having a really big butt when I'm out and about. Any little leak gets taken up by that pant, and held there. It's been a foolproof, error proof, combination, 100% worry, and issue, free. Too, I wear a size one larger than I really need. The "wings" from the front extend all the way around to the padding in the back, which keeps any leaks from sleeping on my side inside the disposable. No matter, I've still got the lined plastic pant on, but extra assurance is always good.

Status
Not open for further replies.