Tykables

Status
Not open for further replies.
ArchtopK said:
"It feels like the plastic part of Velcro". Interesting. does it stick to other things, like clothing, blankets etc. ?

The loop side of velcro doesn't stick to anything. The tapes all have the hook side, and are what will stick to other things.

Man, these new Tykables sound great, the original overnights were my first adult diapers.
Can't wait util they're available in the UK.

I placed a pre-order. Still waiting, but I'm patient. After all, there were major fires in CA, and I'm sure it set them back. I have some Magnifico Bambino's with the velcro, and for me, I just prefer regular 4 tapes. After learning that they will have a velcro tape similar to Magnifico, I was slightly disappointed when tykables responded to my question about whether or not they will have regular tape versions. Their response was...not at this time.

I like the fact that Tykables has taken on the clothing line and really catered a quality product to the ABDL community. Delays, no delays, things beyond their control, I can't complain about, as they are really thinking out of the box.

ArchtopK said:
While it is fresh on everyone's mind, what does this new taping panel feel like? Is it just as stiff as the old style, or is it more supple? Thanks.

The TAPES have a "plastic" feel to it but isn't a flat sheet and is flexible, with a microfine texture. It's a unique feeling. Maybe feels like a fine kitchen sieve? The panel itself is a fine haired material, it has a soft feel to it but there's no "pile" to it, as th hairs are horizontal and attached at both ends.

- - - Updated - - -

Slomo said:
The loop side of velcro doesn't stick to anything. The tapes all have the hook side, and are what will stick to other things.

Surprisingly, these hooks are very small and short, they don't stick well to much of anything besides the tape panel.

I received an email on Friday that my order has shipped and is expected to deliver on Wednesday. Can’t wait!

Good news, it seems like everything is back on track at tykables company, placed my order over the weekend, shipping label was created, received tracking info and the package was in transit as of yesterday afternoon. I should be getting delivery by tomorrow, Wednesday.

According to Fedex I have a surprise waiting for me at home today

I got the case!! so I opened them up and my initial impressions are that other then a different taping system and instead of the blue and white core these are relativily the same as the old ones. I put one on and they feel the same, maybe this size 2 is ever so slightly bigger, but nothing note worthy. The tapes are larger but the actual velco spot isn't really that big, they do gripe ok, these are nothing like bambino tapes. The front cover is surprisingly comfy, the actual waist band hasn't changed but these do feel soft, there is less crinkle and same great soft plastic throughout the outside of the diaper.
I cant comment on the thickness, they do seem just as thick as the old ones, but there a little more firmer which is an indication to more sap in them.
All in all I'm so far pleased, I liked the old ones and these do seem like an improvement, I will report on absorbency.

I ordered a half case figuring I would try them out first and I have to say I’m going to have to reorder a full case these are amazing! I was a little bit hesesent about the hook and loop system but honestly I think this is the wave of the future, the diapers stay very secure and are actually re attachable with the same secure feeling. As for capacity these things hold a ton by far the most absorbent diaper I’ve used, I would say these even edge out Rearz. The cut on these has to be my favorite part about these the center is cut perfect it’s not too wide so you only really waddle when wet, and the back is cut perfect for me normally bambino come to far down.

They really seem to have gotten past the supply problems because I ordered a case on Tuesday and I received them this morning, Thursday. That's pretty dang fast for free shipping. The diapers are great too. The tapes are fantastic, the print is cute and they're nice and thick. I think the tapes alone put them on the list of the best abdl diapers. They're definitely up there with Little Paws and Rearz and for me they are tied for first with the Carousels. If only they could do 2 tapes instead of 4. I highly recommend checking them out. Oh and they come in the nicest looking packaging.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

yes a 2 tape system with stretch side, but not as wide as bambinos, more like an upsize of the current pampers, like the current tape is 1" wide, make it 3.5" wide and call it a day

That little sticky strip on the inside of the tapes doesn’t stick to the Velcro landing pad. But it does stick to the plastic shell. It lets you roll up used diapers and have them stay securely rolled up. Really nice little detail.

Morning 2 of wearing these and I will happily tell all of you this diaper is officially one of the best I've used, these tapes are awesome, everything stays in place (the diaper doesn't stretch out) also this diaper might be the most absorbent diapers I have every worn, they swell up amazingly (more than abu and rearz) and they wick pretty well to. I'm impressed with this product and the tykables company nailed it. Please keep in mind from reading blogs from tykables that this diaper is ever evolving, as reported by the company, additional runs of this product will feature additional changes that will keep adding to the betterment of this product. For those on the fence with ordering, these are well worth it.

californiakid said:
That little sticky strip on the inside of the tapes doesn’t stick to the Velcro landing pad. But it does stick to the plastic shell. It lets you roll up used diapers and have them stay securely rolled up. Really nice little detail.

Oh that didn't even occur to me! I just thought that was there to keep the tape down in shipping. But that's an excellent use for it, as it's always a bit annoying not being able to tape up my diaper into a tight package for disposal. All you can do is roll it up and set it down with the end flap on the bottom and hope it doesn't try to unroll and run off the table or whatever while you're changing into a fresh diaper. Also they seem to emit more odor in the garbage can if you don't get them taped into a tight bundle.

Hmm I wonder where we could get these in Australia.

I really want to try them, but I would rather have a plain white diaper. My only option is the bambino ultra stretch

PaddedInPuyallup said:
I really want to try them, but I would rather have a plain white diaper. My only option is the bambino ultra stretch

I second Pampers4U's review. These things are amazing. There's no question in my mind that they are the best diaper on the market right now.

FYI I just got an email notice from them that their Overnights inventory is already running low. I popped into their store and sure enough, they're OUT of size 3 and are very low on size 2. So if you want some for christmas, get your order in now

(they also announced several new products, including some nice looking socks)

Got my order.

Was skeptical about the velcro-tapes, as I like the sticky tapes, but they are pretty impressive. They hold really well and lay down nice. They don't stick up and catch while sleeping. And the fit is great. Holy cow, do they swell. Took 3 average wettings easily!

Welp, the word is out, as of this morning they've sold out of size 2 ALREADY! Incredible. Hopefully the next shipment is already in transit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back