Tykables Shortalls

PackRat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I’m 6’ with a 36” waistline, curious as to what size shortalls should I get. can anyone tell me their experience(s) with them, Thanks.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
I would order a large. They do a good job with all of their outfits. Good luck ordering and I hope that you will post a picture once you receive your order.

Reactions: PackRat, Seasonedcitizen, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
Got two pairs, good choice my friend!
I'm about the same dimensions as you,
size L is perfect for me, plenty of strap adjustment (mine are set at the shortest which holds my nappy up nicely), and there are 2 hip button adjustments either side for serious expansion.
The poppers are solid and hold very well with a waddle crotch design that gives plenty of room even when I'm in my night time cloth nappy🤗
That's the denim ones above.
The stretch cotton ones (I've got red ones) are also perfect for me at size L but they are much closer fitting than the denim, so maybe the XL for you? Again great strap adjustment but no hip adjustment (just stretch), the snaps are more generic but hold really well (again, even over my much bigger overnight nappy).
BOTH ARE REALLY GOOD QUALITY.
Hope this helps!

Reactions: MASONJAR and PackRat
maybe it’s just cause I’m small? but I got the puppers shortfalls, and they are HUGE on me, even with a thick diaper.

• Wow
Reactions: Traveller and BobbiSueEllen
I found my shortalls as overalls in a thrift shop: they were perfect in body-size plus extra room for thick diapers, so I bought 'em, took 'em home, got giant metal snaps at Walmart, cut the legs, ripped the inseam, hemmed both sides, stitched on the snaps and hemmed the legs. Perfection! 🥳

Reactions: Traveller and PackRat
I'm the same size - 6' and 36" waist. I ordered a large and they fit perfectly. I'm very happy with them and they're very well-made; the fabric is thinner, almost like a t-shirt, but it's still pretty sturdy and very comfortable.

Reactions: PackRat
I'm 5'6" and 42" waist. I got the XL and they fit snug but I like it that way. The double button's on the waist are a nice touch for a better fit. I love my shortalls!

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, PackRat and Traveller
PurplePup89 said:
I'm the same size - 6' and 36" waist. I ordered a large and they fit perfectly. I'm very happy with them and they're very well-made; the fabric is thinner, almost like a t-shirt, but it's still pretty sturdy and very comfortable.
Those are the Snappies, the denim ones are super grade slightly stretchy, and tough feeling.

BobbiSueEllen said:
I found my shortalls as overalls in a thrift shop: they were perfect in body-size plus extra room for thick diapers, so I bought 'em, took 'em home, got giant metal snaps at Walmart, cut the legs, ripped the inseam, hemmed both sides, stitched on the snaps and hemmed the legs. Perfection! 🥳
I also make my own onsie/sleeper shirts, order (for me) XL size extra-long T shirts often from Amazon and often with a drop tail?, get snaps from my nearest needlework/craft shop, lay out shirt on a regular onsie to get leg hole shape, hem the edges once cut to shape, fit snaps, go to bed.
These fit very nice and snug with a firm hold on my thick overnight cloth nappy and you get to make the crotch as wide as you like (I'm a 6 snap kind of baby).😁👍

Reactions: WillFord384
PackRat said:
So I’m 6’ with a 36” waistline, curious as to what size shortalls should I get. can anyone tell me their experience(s) with them, Thanks.
Nice Peccy pin

One thing to be careful about is wearing a very tight shortall and frequent use of a diaper - - -

Sizing maybe critical
You maybe squeezing the Charmin out in other places unintended

When one bends over a shortall is just like a coverall the crotch rides up into the crack
and applies some degree of pressure just like squeezing - wring a rag out

There are three measurements here:

1 - Torso length (crotch bottom over a shoulder and back to the crotch) too tight and squeezing is gonna happen
2 - Hip - most important is wearing multiple bulky diapers - you are not wearing a shortall if you can't get it on/over the hips
3 - Waist - usually diapers are not worn that high (navel waist) and the weight of the shortall is held by the shoulder straps/harness

If you have the opportunity to try a shortall on for a fitting you will get my message here !

On another note - - -
There is another kind of shortall - the shortall dress - NO LEG HOLES - no optional crotch snaps closing -
Here you have the shortall hanging by the shoulder straps and depending on the total length of the shortall
the diapered bottom maybe exposed to one degree more or less - be real careful here flirting with concealment !
An advantage here is no squeezing the Charmin - no restrictive crotch - no leaks for the wicked !

• Love
Reactions: LainIsLain, WillFord384 and BobbiSueEllen
babylock1 said:
On another note - - -
There is another kind of shortall - the shortall dress - NO LEG HOLES - no optional crotch snaps closing -
Here you have the shortall hanging by the shoulder straps and depending on the total length of the shortall
the diapered bottom maybe exposed to one degree more or less - be real careful here flirting with concealment !
An advantage here is no squeezing the Charmin - no restrictive crotch - no leaks for the wicked !

OMG, you mean skirtalls??? I love 'em, wanna find some that fit me! 🥰🥰🥰

Just found some at Tykables...WANT, BADLY!!! 😲🤗🧸🍼 But they only have smalls... :cry:

Reactions: LainIsLain
Back