Status
Not open for further replies.

PlasticPant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I really like the Tykable PLeather diaper - it's well-made, absorbant, fits well, and it's plastic-backed. The black with yellow stripe is a great idea. They're quite expensive to get in the UK, as it means ordering them from ABDLFactory in the Netherlands, and the shipping isn't cheap.

I can't help feeling as much as I like the fairly loud crackle of the PLeather diaper when I'm walking about my home, the reality is that after a few hours, the thicker plastic design of them means the plastic's hard between my legs and causes some discomfort - particulary when sat down for a while to relax. For sure I can't wear them two days running - I have to go back to Abena M4's, or Tena Maxis - both softer plastic.

I'm probably the only one to find this, but let me know your thoughts if you've worn them. I can't help feeling a slightly softer plastic would be more comfortable. For sure I'd like Tykables to succeed as brand, and will send an email to them with feedback/suggestion if others find this.

Thanks.

I haven't worn them myself (the "leather" thing disagrees with my inner toddler), and this all seems a bit moot, as PLeather is (apparently) discontinued, but: Is the plastic shell not textured? I would sort of expect that a textured plastic would need to be thicker, or would at least feel thicker. That may be the crux of the issue.

Cottontail said:
I haven't worn them myself (the "leather" thing disagrees with my inner toddler), and this all seems a bit moot, as PLeather is (apparently) discontinued, but: Is the plastic shell not textured? I would sort of expect that a textured plastic would need to be thicker, or would at least feel thicker. That may be the crux of the issue.

No, the black plastic of a PLeather isn't textured. I like the bold yellow stripe - i like the idea of a grown/toddler wearing a 'watersports' style diaper. Hmmmm ... can't help thinking the black plastic's too think/not flexible. Like I say, I can't wear them 2 days running, because I get sore - and the downside of that for Tykables is they're losing out on extra sales because they can't be worn so much for longer periods. Thx for your thoughts.

PlasticPant said:
No, the black plastic of a PLeather isn't textured. I like the bold yellow stripe - i like the idea of a grown/toddler wearing a 'watersports' style diaper. Hmmmm ... can't help thinking the black plastic's too think/not flexible. Like I say, I can't wear them 2 days running, because I get sore - and the downside of that for Tykables is they're losing out on extra sales because they can't be worn so much for longer periods. Thx for your thoughts.
I see. Well, like I said, they seem to be discontinued, so...may be little point in nit-picking them now. But who knows? Maybe there'll be a v2. That, or PLeather and SEx are sharing a cloud in Diaper Heaven. Very niche, both of them.

Cottontail said:
I see. Well, like I said, they seem to be discontinued, so...may be little point in nit-picking them now. But who knows? Maybe there'll be a v2. That, or PLeather and SEx are sharing a cloud in Diaper Heaven. Very niche, both of them.

The S.Ex was only niche in its name, which I didn't mind at all. Nothing too out there about an all white diaper. They were eventually renamed "Tighty Whities" which was also fine with me.

I liked the PLeather diaper in principle, although I wasn't too sure about the yellow stripe until I saw one in person. I figured I'd pick some up after that but they were out of stock and then everything was out of stock and we know how that went. I wouldn't be surprised if they brought it back but given their stated intention that all their future diapers will use the Velcro-like tabs, I doubt I'll be buying any. I've seen them close up and they work fine but I don't care for anything that isn't plastic breaking up the feel of the outside shell.

Tykables announced just yesterday that they will be offering three different diapers in April 2018,, They have different absorbancies.. Check out their site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back