Tykables overnight diapers now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLMunky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just wanted to update everyone that Tykables (formerly Snuggies) overnight diapers are available for purchasing. According to the website they should start shipping Nov. 11th. Looks like they made a few nice improvements over the last production run!

Here's what the website says (https://www.tykables.com/en/diapers...bles-1/diaper_order_size-half_case_40_diapers)
The newTykables Overnights are the most comfortable diaper, adult or not, on the planet. The Overnights are also part of our company's growing product line in market leading design, features and more. Our Overnights have super soft vintage replica plastic, first to market fade when wet prints and more. The Overnights has a glossy landing zone so you know where to place the 2 (two) super strong oversized, 1.5" each, tapes on each side.

Tykables Newsletter (received via email)

The new Tykables Overnights are now available for sale in the United States.

Thanks to feedback from you we continue to improve and refine our products, thank you. Our new version has softer plastic reminiscent of classic products from the 80s and early 90s. We improved our tapes by adding more glue to increase their strength and longevity. We switched to a glossy landing zone to help with multiple refastening. We will begin shipping out our new product in the United States next week, other markets will receive the new Tykables products in 2016. We will be soon offering some new features on our website, new ways to buy as well as new services in the coming weeks.

This is great news. I was really looking forward to ordering some more of the formerly Snuggies Overnights. I'm happy to hear about the changes with the tapes but I have to admit to really liking the plastic cover in the older versions.

As long as they're still cut the same I'm sure they'll still be great. These diapers provide me with the best fit of any diaper out there right now. With most other diapers the mediums feel like bikinis and the larges will leak because I can't get them to fit just right.

Wore one of the rev1's overnight. They are an overall very good diaper, but I would suggest ONE thing.... see if you can do something to improve wicking/channelling in the middle from front to back. By the time my diaper is wet to within 3" of the back end of the padding, it's at very high risk of leaking out the sides ("corners") in the back. I don't think I have ever managed to reach the back of the padding before having to get up and change due to a leak. Some other brands of diaper are like that too, but several are much better at quickly wicking to the rear padding. Those brands I know it's time to change when the "water line" is about to the back. Any more and it'll leak, and I'll deserve it for not paying attention.

"Candling" this diaper (looking through to a bright light) it does look like the padding has a denser area in the middle, which is good, but the material type doesn't appear to have changed. Try that with say a bambino or a confidry and you'll clearly see a different composition where I assume they have lower sap / higher pulp. Some manufacturers refer to this area as a "surge zone".

Other than that I would have to agree with the marketing, it's one of the most comfy diapers on the market. :) People need to quit trying to attach the upper tapes so tight, loosen them up like they're supposed to be and they'll fit much more comfortably and you don't be failing tapes.

babymt said:
That's great. Will they still have the cute colours and design inside?
Can't wait to get these outside the US...

I believe Tykables said that the overnights will be exactly the same color wise and they did not have to change anything because the overnights don't have "Snuggies" printed on them. They should be the same minus the few changes. The printing on the original waddlers has to change from Snuggies to Tykables, that's why we wont see those for a while.

- - - Updated - - -

Iron said:
This is great news. I was really looking forward to ordering some more of the formerly Snuggies Overnights. I'm happy to hear about the changes with the tapes but I have to admit to really liking the plastic cover in the older versions.

As long as they're still cut the same I'm sure they'll still be great. These diapers provide me with the best fit of any diaper out there right now. With most other diapers the mediums feel like bikinis and the larges will leak because I can't get them to fit just right.

Even though it was kind of weak I really liked the way the original waddler plastic felt. I had just received two Snuggies samples from Wearing Clouds when I found out Snuggies was changing. I thought they could be my new wear at work diaper, perhaps I will try the overnights at work.

How do these compare to something like Bambinos, or Rearz?

Foxroxsox said:
How do these compare to something like Bambinos, or Rearz?

snuggies/tykables regular and overnight have pretty substantial differences from bambino. I haven't tried rearz.

they both have good front/rear elastic and a generally good and comfortable fit. both have four single tapes that can be adjusted. snuggies regular capaciity is lower, their overnights are comparable to bambino. The important difference is in the padding. snuggies start thinner and swell more, but don't wick as well as bambino. all have nice looking prints and a good feel to the shell. bambino offers a little more variety in the pattern, with bianco, classico, teddy, and bellisimo. bambino bellisimo have added capacity, but wick at a slower speed similar to overnights.

So there's quite a bit of performance differences to compare. Bambino are likely made on the same machine as crinklz, fabine, awwsocute, and abu space, and share more features in common. (though still have some differences) Judging from the die cut on the snuggies, they may be made with the same machine, but are going with a very different (thinner, higher sap) padding, whereas the others are going with a thicker, lower sap mix.

The overnights look like they compare more closely with Tena slip maxi. Those also start out thin and are comfortable but because of high sap content they swell huge! I understand Tykables overnights swell more than any other diaper on the current market. It will happen, I will try them!

I have to disagree. I've worn several Bellissimos and Snuggies Overnights back to back.

Snuggies Overnights is a 1.5 liter diaper and Bellissimos is a 2 liter diaper.

The Snuggies Overnight have a better fit (to me).

As much as I like the fit, I like waking up not in a pool of pee so I've moved on to the Space Diapers which many think have yet to be beaten.

I think tape improvements on the Tykables is fantastic, now if only they could handle 2.3 liters overnight (Space Diapers).

Bellissimos, Comficares and Space Diapers all have huge leak guards. You can safely use pads with these without leaks. This is not true of the Snuggies Overnights. The leak guards are a lot shorter and I experienced leaks with a booster, however the diaper still performed decent without a booster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back