Tykables (NRU) Str8Up Diapers

LuvMyDiapers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Incontinent
OMG. I think I have finally found my favorite diaper. The Str8up diaper line offered in the US through Tykables it's such an amazing plastic backed diaper. I'm no expert diaper reviewer, so I'm just gonna lay out what I'm lovin:

As far as appearance, they come in white, blue, and [a really nice shade of] pink. :giggle: All sizes are available in all colors. I ordered both the blue and the pink in extra large.

When touching the plastic backing, it definitely feels nice and thick with a lovely soft plastic texture. It's not terribly crinkly (darn! lol), if anything the plastic on the landing zone would be more crinkly than the rest of the diaper. At least that's my experience from sitting with him in a wheelchair and laying in bed. Others might choose to comment if it's different when they walk around in them?

The 4 clear tapes are spaced a bit wider compared to a lot of today's diapers, but the tapes themselves are also very wide. I think it lets people that like to adjust the tapes closer to the thigh do so a bit more, yet the extra wide tapes also fills more of the space between the tapes as if they were placed closer together. I love the fit I get when putting these on. Somehow it's easier to get that perfect adjustment that keeps almost the entire diaper feeling smooth against me. At least it is for my body and I'm still not in the best shape yet!

The padding feels great. All day Wednesday from noon time onward I spent the day feeling the frequent effects that a diuretic (Spironolactone) had on my neurogenic bladder every 30 to 45 minutes. Not one leak from 12 PM to 8 PM. The diaper swelled up very nicely though!

By around 8:30 PM I was changed and I stayed in bed. On occasional days overnight when using a catheter I've typically put out at least 1800 - 2200 ml. As one might imagine it was really cool waking up this morning in a very swollen diaper that fit my body so snuggly and comfortably. A bonus aspect is the bed pad under me was completely dry.

Buying these diapers by the single bag is very expensive. However if you buy the full case it's a good savings. In the US the shipping was free too.

I'm loving them!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LaLoneDigi, MaxSyd, Kittyinpink and 3 others

NappyCouple1980

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I’m from the UK and live close to NRU, I love the Str8Up nappies! Comfortable and hold A LOT!

I’ve got 2 packs to get through and then I’m ordering the blue ones (we both (M&F) love baby blue!)

Reactions: legojoker88 and Stevepw

Antientmariner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
NappyCouple1980 said:
I’m from the UK and live close to NRU, I love the Str8Up nappies! Comfortable and hold A LOT!

I’ve got 2 packs to get through and then I’m ordering the blue ones (we both (M&F) love baby blue!)
Amazing! Bet you give your fair share of business to them, and you're never short on nappies. I live 3 hours from Changing times in Las Vegas, NV, and've never been there. Need to buy some abdl diapers in person some day, that'll be nice. Vegas is sin city, so I'm pretty sure ther'll be a reason to go there again some day soon.

Antientmariner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've been going through my Str8ups as well, and am very in love with them. Everything is right when I can get the 2 tapes in the middle of the landing zone and mimic a one large tape per side design. Love the 8500 ml capacity. They last forever! Only thing they need, which they'll never get, is a softer outer shell. soft like the Trest Elites. If you've tried those, you'll know what I'm talking about. We need more abdl diapers out there with softer plastic.

Stevepw

Incon but love it
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
  6. Other
I've had a case of white ones arrive yesterday.
Excited

Reactions: Diaperon

NappyCouple1980

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Antientmariner said:
Amazing! Bet you give your fair share of business to them, and you're never short on nappies. I live 3 hours from Changing times in Las Vegas, NV, and've never been there. Need to buy some abdl diapers in person some day, that'll be nice. Vegas is sin city, so I'm pretty sure ther'll be a reason to go there again some day soon.
They’ve just moved to a new building in the same town but have shut the ABDL showroom in the process which is rubbish!

But, it says they’re looking for somewhere to reopen it (they’re a normal IC supplies company that does NRU as it’s ABDL side line).

Antientmariner

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
NappyCouple1980 said:
They’ve just moved to a new building in the same town but have shut the ABDL showroom in the process which is rubbish!

But, it says they’re looking for somewhere to reopen it (they’re a normal IC supplies company that does NRU as it’s ABDL side line).
Oh yea, I've seen that place from the video they made, and it looks like I'd probably go broke in there! They moved to a new location, and now they don't have a showroom anymore?

NappyCouple1980

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Antientmariner said:
Oh yea, I've seen that place from the video they made, and it looks like I'd probably go broke in there! They moved to a new location, and now they don't have a showroom anymore?
Not an ABDL showroom no

Scott729

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
NappyCouple1980 said:

Where are you seeing this? I went to their webpage and it has the original address and I don’t see anything about moving. Robert and Gail made the store such an open and friendly environment. I am sad if they are closing the retail shop.

NappyCouple1980

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Scott729 said:
Where are you seeing this? I went to their webpage and it has the original address and I don’t see anything about moving. Robert and Gail made the store such an open and friendly environment. I am sad if they are closing the retail shop.
Their Twitter page has it on and I’m on their mailing list

Attachments

• D99711C6-A28D-4A8A-9493-3B460DCE27AD.jpeg
    D99711C6-A28D-4A8A-9493-3B460DCE27AD.jpeg
    268.7 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: littledreamers333

Forced

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My new blue and pink versions have been delivered but I’ve yet had the chance to open the box and try them.
I love the white ones so I’m expecting the same with the new colours.

Reactions: NappyCouple1980

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I like the Str8Ups but not love them for the thickness. Cut the padding down to 5000ml and then, imo, it'd the perfect diaper. Imo they are so much more comfortable dry than wet because all the bulk of the wetness stays up front, as does for all of the high capacity diapers, requiring me to change because it gets so uncomfortable and wet feeling.

Now there is something I want to ask.
I'm having issues with the pink Str8Ups lower right tape. Just the pink mind you. The tape doesn't function like the rest and seems to come loose. It doesn't pop off, but like the lower half of the tape comes loose and only the top half is sticking. Am I describing this right so it makes sense? Is anyone else having this issue?
I mean it's not a deal breaker for me and I will buy them again without hesitation. I'm thinking maybe it's more me when I'm taping up but I tried a few different positions with the tapes and always end up with the same results of the lower right tape coming half undone.

Scott729

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
NappyCouple1980 said:
Their Twitter page has it on and I’m on their mailing list
I’m sorry, I think I misunderstood. I was referring to Changing Times Diaper Company in Las Vegas. I thought you were saying they were the ones moving.

• Haha
Reactions: NappyCouple1980

LuckyAsADuck

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Just tried the Str8Ups as well, I personally find them to be a bit bulky between the legs, but if you're looking for a high-capacity product, I agree that this one works great.

I did have one tape pop, but I tend to go pretty tight on the waist since I've got an active job, and like to keep things close to the vest (as it were)

Stevepw

Incon but love it
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
  6. Other
Ok so my wife just put my first str8up on me.
They are big. Considering my everyday nappy is a tena ultima..
They fit amazingly well and are nice and crinkly the way i like a night/play nappy.
My wife said she likes the look of it so far. "Big like a proper toddler nappy" and no wetness indicator so she'll have to check me more often.
Oh and she can't wait to see how it looks soaked and swollen.

Reactions: Forced and sinceiwassmall

YakuiAndOzoi

#1 (diapered) Playboi Carti fan (probably)
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
  4. Other
I don't have the experience to provide any input here other than going "great review!" Which, it totally is a great review! But I'm just as much checking in just to say ...

LuvMyDiapers said:
All day Wednesday from noon time onward I spent the day feeling the frequent effects that a diuretic (Spironolactone) had on my neurogenic bladder every 30 to 45 minutes.
I feel that!! Pee time every 30 mins is just my life =w =;;;

Kittyinpink

Asexual, pre - op transgender woman
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
LuvMyDiapers said:
OMG. I think I have finally found my favorite diaper. The Str8up diaper line offered in the US through Tykables it's such an amazing plastic backed diaper. I'm no expert diaper reviewer, so I'm just gonna lay out what I'm lovin:

As far as appearance, they come in white, blue, and [a really nice shade of] pink. :giggle: All sizes are available in all colors. I ordered both the blue and the pink in extra large.

When touching the plastic backing, it definitely feels nice and thick with a lovely soft plastic texture. It's not terribly crinkly (darn! lol), if anything the plastic on the landing zone would be more crinkly than the rest of the diaper. At least that's my experience from sitting with him in a wheelchair and laying in bed. Others might choose to comment if it's different when they walk around in them?

The 4 clear tapes are spaced a bit wider compared to a lot of today's diapers, but the tapes themselves are also very wide. I think it lets people that like to adjust the tapes closer to the thigh do so a bit more, yet the extra wide tapes also fills more of the space between the tapes as if they were placed closer together. I love the fit I get when putting these on. Somehow it's easier to get that perfect adjustment that keeps almost the entire diaper feeling smooth against me. At least it is for my body and I'm still not in the best shape yet!

The padding feels great. All day Wednesday from noon time onward I spent the day feeling the frequent effects that a diuretic (Spironolactone) had on my neurogenic bladder every 30 to 45 minutes. Not one leak from 12 PM to 8 PM. The diaper swelled up very nicely though!

By around 8:30 PM I was changed and I stayed in bed. On occasional days overnight when using a catheter I've typically put out at least 1800 - 2200 ml. As one might imagine it was really cool waking up this morning in a very swollen diaper that fit my body so snuggly and comfortably. A bonus aspect is the bed pad under me was completely dry.

Buying these diapers by the single bag is very expensive. However if you buy the full case it's a good savings. In the US the shipping was free too.

I'm loving them!
It's great when you find 'the one' ! ❤️
I have my favourite. And I'm happy 😊.
It did take me a while. And lots of experiments.. but ... Worth it ! 👌

OldTerry

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I find them OK but the leg guards are poor

MaxSyd

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
OldTerry said:
I find them OK but the leg guards are poor
I like them alot particularly for the urinary side of things. but if I have a bowel accident then the leg guards are pretty much useless

BLtheDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I’m thinking of getting these for my next order. How is the sizing compared to NS mega max? I’ll be using them mostly for night time and medium MM fit perfectly for my needs, but starting to need more absorbency. I don’t use stuffers that often, I like to use just the diaper.