Tykables mis-representing there product?

CrinkleBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I was looking over the tykables products and it very clearly shows there diapers or at least some, come in actual packages rather than the clear bags.
I thought this added to the AB part and I liked that so I ordered some.
I just got my delivery and there in clear bags...so I'm not happy.
Am I in the wrong or did they kinda trick me?

I got the diapers but I'm not sure if this is something to contact there customer support over, last time it took over 14 emails to sort out my problem but they did.

Attachments

• IMG_20230825_153039278.jpg
    IMG_20230825_153039278.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 86
  • Screenshot_20230825-153007.png
    Screenshot_20230825-153007.png
    128.1 KB · Views: 84
Reactions: Cottontail
If the product is as described then in my opinion there's nothing to complain about but that's just my opinion.

Reactions: LiddleBigBoy, NorthwestDiaperDude, Joeysms and 1 other person
I did have to do a double check, but it doesn't say anywhere on the website that "the product or packaging will be different from what's shown."
If that was somewhere I would say that's on me.

Prolly supply issues so they had to take an alternative route. It’s the inside that matters!

Last edited:
Reactions: theancientmariner, UnderTheRadar, TigerDL and 2 others
In today's age of reducing packaging, a lot of products are having their packaging changed. That being said, a cardboard box is preferable environmentally so would prefer the box. A plastic bag is easier to dispose of though. And lighter/smaller which means cheaper and less fuel used shipping

Last edited:
Reactions: CrinkleBear
Yea, plain packaging is cheaper and all that. But I bought these over plain white ones for 2 reasons. 1 that print on the diaper. And 2 the print on the bag.
So is it ok for me to be disappointed and not get exactly what I paid for...because the company is having supply issues or they want to be cheap with there packaging.
That being said they are great diapers. I just feel they misrepresented there products.

Reactions: theancientmariner and TigerDL
The last time I ordered animooz and unicorns from them they came in their cute packaging, so I'm going to agree with Jamie and guess it's probably just a supply thing. With as much supply and shipping issues a lot of abdl nappy companies are having, I'd be glad that you got the nappies at all

Last edited:
Reactions: theancientmariner and sbmccue
PinkAndLittle said:
The last time I ordered animooz and unicorns from them they came in their cute packaging, so I'm going to agree with Jamie and guess it's probably just a supply thing. With as much supply and shipping issues a lot of abdl nappy companies are having, I've be glad to you the nappies at all
Still, drop them a message, see what they say. No harm in politely asking 😊

Reactions: TigerDL and CrinkleBear
PinkAndLittle said:
The last time I ordered animooz and unicorns from them they came in their cute packaging, so I'm going to agree with Jamie and guess it's probably just a supply thing. With as much supply and shipping issues a lot of abdl nappy companies are having, I'd be glad that you got the nappies at all
"Be glad you got them at all"
Wow... Supply is not what I was talking about.
at all.
That was plain rude.

That label is the same shape as the NRU one which makes me think that they had to get an additional manufacturer on short notice

• Wow
I'd be bummed too. I think the Tykables packaging definitely adds (or did add) to the appeal. I don't think I'd be looking for a replacement of any kind, but I'd probably reach out to customer service for an explanation. Hopefully it's a temporary thing as suggested above.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BunnyPrincess, TigerDL, CrinkleBear and 1 other person
I just got 120 Animooz, and they came in their regular packaging. I'm wondering if it's because they are phasing out the current designs for some of their products?

I got some Waddlers and they came in the cute packaging, BUT my batch was manufactured in January 2022.

I don't believe packaging is part of the product representation. Many companies change packaging but not the product being packed.

Anybody ever seen this on a package?

"New package same great product"

I wouldn't go beating up Tykables for changing their package design. I mean they're doing what almost all ABDL diaper suppliers are doing, great product in clear packaging with a label.

Reactions: BenNevis, Joeysms and TreeLad
I think you have the right to be disappointed. Tykables certainly spent time designing their packaging to appeal to customers. It is part of the product and they made it that way by choice. At the every least they owe you an apology. But it isn't a total bust. And I don't think you are trying to say it is. But yes, you can be a little bummed out. I'd write them a note and see what happens and if they do not respond, well you can file that away for the next time you order, and choose accordingly.

CrinkleBear said:
I was looking over the tykables products and it very clearly shows there diapers or at least some, come in actual packages rather than the clear bags.
I thought this added to the AB part and I liked that so I ordered some.
I just got my delivery and there in clear bags...so I'm not happy.
Am I in the wrong or did they kinda trick me?

I got the diapers but I'm not sure if this is something to contact there customer support over, last time it took over 14 emails to sort out my problem but they did.
for me being a big fan of Tykables what i would be concerned with is the actual quality and performance of the diaper not the packaging. i have received their diapers in both the decorative packaging and the clear plastic however mostly in the decorative unless i order the B grade those are always clear plastic. I never thought about the packaging. I would suggest contacting customer service and voice your concerns they have always been friendly and helpful with me. you can also call and place your order directly with a request for the decorative packaging. i have placed direct orders many times with easy. good luck

Normally I'd say don't worry about the package you are going to throw away anyway BUT the Tykables packaging is fun and actually interesting with the little checklists and whatnot so honestly I'd be a little bummed out if I got clear plastic packaging myself. I don't think they are misrepresenting anything but it would be nice to know beforehand if there was a change, as others have said it's probably a supply issue more than anything.

There's the possibility that the packaging foil used was an emergency thing, due to some cock up, somewhere along the line, and they used a previously unwanted sample run.
Not a lot that you can do in that situation as the product needs to be packaged [for storage] or it'd spoil.

Thanks for the feedback everyone!
I think the general consensus is it is definitely disappointing.
sometimes you just need to know your not the only one who thinks something.

I think they are just trying to get rid of there plain packaging then they will go to the other packaging

Back