Tykables Little Builders

ComfyNappyTime

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey sorry this is my first post. I promise I will be active and answer other peoples questions. I have been wearing Northshore Megamax which have been perfect for me. But I decided to try some Tykables. I must say the nappy was so comfy at first but I have had it totally clump and fall apart after just one small wetting! Now the nappy does not feel comfy, I am scared to wet it again and I was just wondering is this a known issue with the Little Builders? I am a bit annoyed considering the price.

I do have a pack of Waddlers which I bought today but have not tried them yet but I guess they are exactly the same? I really hope not, this clumping has annoyed me :(

DLinSecret

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I too am a big fan of megamax, tried XP5000, they did the same thing, not after one wetting but after my second. I wear all day and the clumping after second wetting was extremely uncomfortable and had the diaper sag.

Needless to say I continue to stick with megamax, just wish they were a bit cheaper. They are the only diaper I can get through an entire day without having to change and doesn’t leak

Reactions: ComfyNappyTime

Dragon64

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
My experience with little builders is that they get squishy when you wet them and the other tykables diapers just swell up when you wet them

sbmccue

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I like MegaMax, but I ordered Little Builders because I wanted to see what the hype was about. Thankfully, I only ordered a bag. I won't be ordering them again ... not that I have anything against Tykables, but because I'm unimpressed with Little Builders. The clumping is certainly noticeable, and I don't find LBs particularly comfortable. I was trying to find a way around the long wait time for ABU's latest creation and went the LB route; if I had someone close by to whom I could give the rest of the bag, I would.

Reactions: ComfyNappyTime

dacm

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My experience with tykables is that the diaper just swells up. Tykables have been my go to diapers for the past few months and I have never had that problem

ComfyNappyTime

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
sbmccue said:
I like MegaMax, but I ordered Little Builders because I wanted to see what the hype was about. Thankfully, I only ordered a bag. I won't be ordering them again ... not that I have anything against Tykables, but because I'm unimpressed with Little Builders. The clumping is certainly noticeable, and I don't find LBs particularly comfortable. I was trying to find a way around the long wait time for ABU's latest creation and went the LB route; if I had someone close by to whom I could give the rest of the bag, I would.
I am honestly thinking to just throw the 3 little
Builders I have left, last night was not a good experience. It seems that the padding is not like attached to the plastic properly unlike other nappies, and the plastic is extremely thin.

I will try one again tonight, try to put it on a different way, like maybe not pull it up so much over my stomach and try to create a pouch?

I’m sure I had this exact problem with the camelots years ago too, and they are rated as being thicker and more absorbent so unfortunately I don’t have hope for the pack of 10 Waddlers being any better and not having this awful clumping problem :(

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
ComfyNappyTime said:
Hey sorry this is my first post. I promise I will be active and answer other peoples questions. I have been wearing Northshore Megamax which have been perfect for me. But I decided to try some Tykables. I must say the nappy was so comfy at first but I have had it totally clump and fall apart after just one small wetting! Now the nappy does not feel comfy, I am scared to wet it again and I was just wondering is this a known issue with the Little Builders? I am a bit annoyed considering the price.

I do have a pack of Waddlers which I bought today but have not tried them yet but I guess they are exactly the same? I really hope not, this clumping has annoyed me :(
Waddlers and Little Builders are not the same. Waddlers are made with the Toddler Tuff plastic and are an 7000ml diaper. Little Builders has a much thinner softer plastic and I think they are rated 5000ml.
I like the Little Builders and I've not had any issues with it clumping unless I'm fondling myself thru the diaper. Any diaper will break and clump up when too much love is given to it. I find Little Builders are quite comfortable and perfect for days when I want multiple diaper changes. ⬇️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221214-054212_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221214-054212_Chrome.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20221214-054116_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221214-054116_Chrome.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

ComfyNappyTime

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have just been thinking, I think a major issue could be that I simply need to lose weight. Nappies are supposed to wrap round your stomach waist basically right? And not your “belt line”?

Yeah I need to kick myself into gear and lose weight, I am sure any nappy would fit me better then, although I don’t have any issues with megamax and even some cheaper less known nappies I am sure my nappies are not fitting me like nappies should, because I do not have a decent waist for them to wrap around. I guess any belly is never going to give a great proper fit?

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
ComfyNappyTime said:
I am honestly thinking to just throw the 3 little
Builders I have left, last night was not a good experience. It seems that the padding is not like attached to the plastic properly unlike other nappies, and the plastic is extremely thin.

I will try one again tonight, try to put it on a different way, like maybe not pull it up so much over my stomach and try to create a pouch?

I’m sure I had this exact problem with the camelots years ago too, and they are rated as being thicker and more absorbent so unfortunately I don’t have hope for the pack of 10 Waddlers being any better and not having this awful clumping problem :(
I'm taking that it's the front is clumping, right? I think this is one of the unfortunate things for men because we have equipment protruding and not giving us a flat fit up front. Having a potbelly doesn't help either.
What I've learned from the past that I could use an insert. Not a booster, an insert. I had the clumping issue with the old Attends and some cheaper medical grade diapers and as current as ABU SDKs and Cushies. To avoid the clumping I would use a single flat fold infant diaper folded in 3s then laid inside the diaper. What also works is wearing a snug onsie or snug tighty whities over my diaper.
I believe the clumping occurs because the diaper becomes loose and the shifted around as I moved. The 2 things I mentioned above have solved that problem for me.

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
ComfyNappyTime said:
I have just been thinking, I think a major issue could be that I simply need to lose weight. Nappies are supposed to wrap round your stomach waist basically right? And not your “belt line”?

Yeah I need to kick myself into gear and lose weight, I am sure any nappy would fit me better then, although I don’t have any issues with megamax and even some cheaper less known nappies I am sure my nappies are not fitting me like nappies should, because I do not have a decent waist for them to wrap around. I guess any belly is never going to give a great proper fit?
I always say that I'm built like a toddler. I've got a potbelly and short legs. My diapers never go over my belly even after I fastened them there. They always manage to shift down under my belly, I still don't have issues with clumping unless I'm showing my diaper too much love.
Yes losing weight would be ideal for me too but I'm not extremely overweight and it's just basically my torso that has the extra fat.
May I ask what size diaper are you using? I'm in between a LG and an XL. I could easily fit a large but I buy and wear XL because the fit is much more comfortable.

Dragon64

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Nowididit said:
I always say that I'm built like a toddler. I've got a potbelly and short legs. My diapers never go over my belly even after I fastened them there. They always manage to shift down under my belly, I still don't have issues with clumping unless I'm showing my diaper too much love.
Yes losing weight would be ideal for me too but I'm not extremely overweight and it's just basically my torso that has the extra fat.
May I ask what size diaper are you using? I'm in between a LG and an XL. I could easily fit a large but I buy and wear XL because the fit is much more comfortable.
I also have the same issue with being chubby. I don't wear a size up because I'm right in the middle of the large size range for Tykables and I had bad experiences with wearing a size up with ABU