Tykables and baby-pants

angelicprince

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Other
Greeting everyone who has clicked here.

I recently bought a pair of baby-pants training pants (my first training pants thickness) and I enjoy the feeling of them. However, when I was browsing for other ones to try I came across the Tykables ABC padded briefs (https://tykables.com/collections/padded-briefs/products/abc-padded-briefs) and thought they looked adorable. The site says that, "Our Padded Briefs are double lined through the center of the brief in all sizes." However, I don't know what that means in terms of thickness.

My questions are:
1) has anyone tried both the baby-pants (my first...) AND the Tykables and how do they compare in terms of thickness and feel
2) If you have only tried the Tykables, can you give me a rough idea on how thick they are so I can get a approximation to better decide if I want to buy them?

I did end up getting some tykables padded briefs to have on hand, but I'm not familiar with baby pants training pants, unfortunately. If it helps, I can say that I was pretty surprised by the softness of the fabric used on the Tykables briefs. They definitely seem like they'd be comfortable! They don't seem super thick, though, but I suppose that it would depend on what you're comparing it to. They're definitely more padded than ordinary briefs, however.

Last edited:
Daddy Niles said:
I did end up getting some tykables padded briefs to have on hand, but I'm not familiar with baby pants training pants, unfortunately. If it helps, I can say that I was pretty surprised by the softness of the fabric used on the Tykables briefs. They definitely seem like they'd be comfortable! They don't seem super thick, though, but I suppose that it would depend on what you're comparing it to. They're definitely more padded than ordinary briefs, however.

if you were to compare them to regular underwear, how many pairs of underwear would you say equal 1 padded brief?

angelicprince said:
if you were to compare them to regular underwear, how many pairs of underwear would you say equal 1 padded brief?
Hmm... I'd say 3-5 in the front and back.

Last edited:
Reactions: angelicprince
I have both, and I'd really caution against ordering the tykables ones if you're looking for thickness similar to the baby pants. They're very different products. The tykables ones are literally double layer: to me, they feel no thicker than two pairs of underwear. They're really soft briefs with cute designs, but that's where their purpose ends.

Reactions: angelicprince
I bought the baby-kins training pants several years ago. There are two styles, one is about 3 -4 regular underwear thickness front & back panel, and the other is more "serious" at about 5 - 6 regular underwear thickness front & back panel. Both are "normal" underwear thickness on the sides. They work well (thicker training pants hold significantly more wettings) but you need of course a plastic cover over them (Gary PULs for heat dissipation). I like them a lot particularly in winter but after you wash them it takes a lot of drying time to get the dampness out of them, even after hand wringing tightly. Nice and soft though!

Back