Tykable waddler tabs breaking?

Norfolkdiapersub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
Anyone else experienced issues with the tabs on the waddlers? I'm not a fan of hook and loop, always feel they are not secure. But a bought some sample waddlers from NRU (uk company) and the tabs have ripped off the nappy after wearing for around an hour, both time it's been the lower tab on the left leg. Nappy is as tight as I do my rearz, abu, dotty etc. Never had this with any other brand, the tab stays on the landing zone but pulls off the "back" so its fit for the bin. Bit disappointed really but maybe I just got an unlucky batch?

Blue2006

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I’ve gone through about a case. Haven’t had that happen. The only thing I had remotely wrong, the bottom right tape(when the diaper is on you), didn’t seem to extend all the way like they normally do. I just couldn’t tape it as far as the other side. Nothing terrible, just annoying a bit. Otherwise, the tapes didn’t break loose. I tape them on tight.

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I haven't had an issue, even after refastening several times.

Littleabp

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Hi, yes I’m having the same issue, I ordered a case mid December of Waddlers. The first pack was fine, but the second pack i had 2 nappies where the tabs broke, the bottom left broke off on both. and weirdly the Velcro strip that is part of the upper left tab came away. To be fair NRU sent me a pack of free overnights when I sent them the photos. I’m now on the third pack, I was doing ok, but I had one last week where the lower left tab has come off.

Forced

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Never had an issue with the three cases I’ve bought (and almost finished)
My favorite disposable

Nowididit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Blue2006 said:
I’ve gone through about a case. Haven’t had that happen. The only thing I had remotely wrong, the bottom right tape(when the diaper is on you), didn’t seem to extend all the way like they normally do. I just couldn’t tape it as far as the other side. Nothing terrible, just annoying a bit. Otherwise, the tapes didn’t break loose. I tape them on tight.
Wait! Is this possibly the reason why the Waddler isn't centered on me. I never looked into the tape thing you mentioned but when I go to put a diaper on I line up the tapes so they land evenly but when I look at it in the mirror the front panel is off center. Quite frankly it's been driving me nuts because....... THE DIAPER HAS TO BE CENTERED, UGH!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: TwoOfBraves and dogboy

BobbiSueEllen

A happy, soggy li'l toddler girl in DDs and PPs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Other
Had it happen with a pack of Overnights: the hook-pads delaminated off the tabs on every single one. The rest of the diaper was fine but the tapes are no small thing, so I decided not to order more of the problem keeps up. Seems like it's been the case.

KryptographicKiddo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaperfur
Had a few issues with tapes on overnights, for example on about 2 diapers when I went to fasten the tab they would rip straight off. I have also had the velcro sections fall off the tab after prolonged wearing.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen

dethpuck

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
never had an issue with tykables myself. they have been the most solid diapers i have ever worn. they probably have some odd defects like any diaper.