Two-step login verification

jamiejamie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Anyone got issues with the two-step login verification. I am having to do it every single time and is there a way to disable it? It’s annoying. I’ve never had that happen to me before yesterday.

TexHagrid

Keeper of the Keys
Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It's been asking me to do it too. I understand the security advantage. I do.

If, however, you're like me, and you try to hide your visits to sites like ADISC, then you probably use an Incognito browser just like I do. While the site is supposed to remember your device for 30 days after the first two-step login, so that you don't have to do two-step every time, I don't think that applies to Incognito, which hides your IP address. It's been asking me every time to do two-step verification, probably because I use Incognito every time.

Like I said, I understand (and appreciate!) the respect for our online security. However, an On/Off option would be nice; leave it up to the user to decide how secure he wants his account to be. Just my two Sickles...

jamiejamie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
TexHagrid said:
It's been asking me to do it too. I understand the security advantage. I do.

If, however, you're like me, and you try to hide your visits to sites like ADISC, then you probably use an Incognito browser just like I do. While the site is supposed to remember your device for 30 days after the first two-step login, so that you don't have to do two-step every time, I don't think that applies to Incognito, which hides your IP address. It's been asking me every time to do two-step verification, probably because I use Incognito every time.

Like I said, I understand (and appreciate!) the respect for our online security. However, an On/Off option would be nice; leave it up to the user to decide how secure he wants his account to be. Just my two Sickles...
Yea. I do the incognito browser so that my family don't see my history. My associated email address doesnt go to my phone so I have to go to a web browser, log in, and then find the email for the verification number.