Two-step login verification

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamiejamie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Anyone got issues with the two-step login verification. I am having to do it every single time and is there a way to disable it? It’s annoying. I’ve never had that happen to me before yesterday.

It's been asking me to do it too. I understand the security advantage. I do.

If, however, you're like me, and you try to hide your visits to sites like ADISC, then you probably use an Incognito browser just like I do. While the site is supposed to remember your device for 30 days after the first two-step login, so that you don't have to do two-step every time, I don't think that applies to Incognito, which hides your IP address. It's been asking me every time to do two-step verification, probably because I use Incognito every time.

Like I said, I understand (and appreciate!) the respect for our online security. However, an On/Off option would be nice; leave it up to the user to decide how secure he wants his account to be. Just my two Sickles...

TexHagrid said:
It's been asking me to do it too. I understand the security advantage. I do.

If, however, you're like me, and you try to hide your visits to sites like ADISC, then you probably use an Incognito browser just like I do. While the site is supposed to remember your device for 30 days after the first two-step login, so that you don't have to do two-step every time, I don't think that applies to Incognito, which hides your IP address. It's been asking me every time to do two-step verification, probably because I use Incognito every time.

Like I said, I understand (and appreciate!) the respect for our online security. However, an On/Off option would be nice; leave it up to the user to decide how secure he wants his account to be. Just my two Sickles...
Yea. I do the incognito browser so that my family don't see my history. My associated email address doesnt go to my phone so I have to go to a web browser, log in, and then find the email for the verification number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back