Two Poles of a Magnet

Leilana

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I've got a story for you written from a little unusual perspective. If you enjoy it, please let me know and I'll post another chapter. If it's not something you're interested in reading, oh well. :)
Please excuse my writing. English is my second language. Any tips and corrections are wellcome. I just hope you'll still be able to enjoy the story and give me feedback on that too. Hope you enjoy. :)
----
Chaper one: Hug in a park
“Aww! It looked like you were sucking your thumb.“ He looks at me and it seems like he’s a little embarrassed, which kind of makes him look even more cute, but that’s not important right now. Why do guys get offended so often, when I somehow imply they’re cute? I always mean it as a compliment.
He puts his hands away from his face and looks out of the window of the crowded bus we’re all sitting in. Well, I guess I should apologize and explain, that I didn’t mean to offend him. We just met and I don’t want to make a bad impression.
Our little group of friends gets out of the bus and we all go to the student’s canteen to get some lunch. I guess other people would not get offended by my earlier comment, because they already know me too well. But Thomas just met me today, when he was searching for the room his next lecture was taking place at and my boyfriend helped him and then offered him to go for lunch with us. I didn’t mind one bit – freshmen at his university are always so cute.
After we all finish lunch, we stop outside to chat. I’m standing next to Thomas, so it’s easy to talk to him without other people hearing us. But I’d still rather talk to him in privacy, so I ask him to go to the park with me, that is right next to the student’s canteen. He looks surprised but agrees.
When we get far away enough so that no one can hear us, I start explaining. “I’m sorry about what I said in the bus. I know you weren’t sucking your thumb, I just thought it looked really cute. I’m sorry if I offended you.” He looks me in the eyes and says nothing for a while. Then he starts speaking very quietly: “Well, the thing is… I… It’s possible, that I was actually… that I did have my thumb in my mouth.” What? I can’t believe what he just said. His face is completely red and he looks just adorable. “I sometimes do it. I don’t do it on purpose! It just happens… I tried to stop myself from doing it, but sometimes I just can’t help it.”
“Oh, sweetie! I’m so sorry! I didn’t know. But it’s OK, it’s cute. Don’t be embarrassed!” “Please, don’t tell anyone.” “Of course not! So, are there certain situations when you do it, or is it completely random?”
“Well, I often do it when I’m nervous. And sometimes when I’m tired.” “So you were nervous when sitting in the bus with us?” “No, it’s just… I just moved here and everything is new – new school, new people… For the first time in my life I live alone. It’s all a little scary, so I’ve been doing this quiet often lately. I’m so nervous someone is going to find out.”
I look at his cute face and notice his lips are pressed together, doing the sucking motion. It’s barely noticeable and under different circumstances I wouldn’t even see it. Then I look at his hands and I can see how he’s playing with his left thumb. I know this might make him feel even more awkward, but I have to ask: “You really want to put your thumb in your mouth right now, don’t you?”
He flushes even more and looks down at his hands. Then he nods. He looks so sad my heart is just breaking. “Well, then do it. I don’t mind and no one else can see you,” I smile at him encouragingly. “Just one thing: can I hug you when you do? This is so cute and I really, really want to hug you.” He smiles slightly and nods again.
I sit in the grass, lean my back against a tree. Then he sits down in front of me sideways to me, leans his left side against me and his head against my shoulder. I hug him and he puts his left thumb in his mouth while immediately trying to hide what he’s doing with his right hand. I gently push it down. “I said I don’t mind. Don’t hide it.” He buries himself in me even more and closes his eyes. I stroke his back and his hair.
We sit like this for about five minutes. It feels so fulfilling and so natural, despite the fact, that I just met him a few hours ago. I wish we could stay like this for much longer, but eventually I have to face the reality. “I hate to break this moment, but we should probably go. Others will be wondering, where we are.” “Yeah, you’re right.” I can see how much he doesn’t want to get up, but he does and we head back where we left our friends.

Leilana

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Chapter two: Bedtime story
We are on our way to a pub to meet some of our friends and I must say that I’ve been looking forward to this evening for a while. The pub is near Thomas’s dormitory and apparently he said he might stop by. I haven’t seen him since our hug in a park and I kind of miss him.

When we arrive, I search the room for Thomas. I see him after a few seconds and a moment later he notices me too. He smiles at me, but we don’t get to talk together, because there is a lot of people and he’s surrounded by his friends, while I stay with my friends.

But as it gets later, people start leaving until it’s just five people left in the pub, including Thomas. We all chat for a while, but I can see how he’s getting tired. Eventually he gets up and wants to go to bed, but he’s been drinking a lot so he almost falls over. I suggest going with him to make sure he doesn’t hurt himself.

When we get to his room, he falls on his bed immediately. I’m about to leave but I’m pretty sure he won’t even be able to undress himself. I help him take off his shoes and his pants and cover him with his blanket. He looks at me with his big eyes and I can’t resist stroking his hair. He smiles at me, I smile back, wish him a good night and turn to leave the room. Right before I open the door to his room, I turn back to look at him one more time. I expect to see him sleeping, but he is reaching for something and than putting it in his mouth. When he turns to his other side, I see him with a pacifier in his mouth and hugging a teddy bear. I stare at him, not sure what to do.

He notices me a moment later and freezes. Even in the darkness I can see the horrified look on his face. He sits up, puts the pacifier out of his mouth and starts to stutter: “I… I thought… you left… I… This…”

I (still unsure what to do) go back to his bed and sit next to him. “Do you always sleep with it?” After a moment of silence he quietly answers: “Yes.” “Do you know you look adorable?” “Do I?” He looks at me with his eyes full of fear, hope and trust. I can’t believe he can express all that with just his cute big eyes. I put the pacifier back into his mouth and stroke his hair again. “Do you want me to tell you a bedtime story?” He nods and lays back down.

I lay next to him and put my arms around him, while he rests his head on my shoulder. Then I tell him the cutes bedtime story I know. It always makes me feel little and now I hope it’ll have the same effect on him. Halfway through I ask him if he likes the story and if I should continue. He nods enthusiastically, so I finish the story. He’s half asleep, so I gently push my hands away, stroke his hair one more time and kiss his forehead. He smiles with his eyes closed and I quietly leave the room, even though I kind of want to cuddle him for the rest of the night. If I weren’t sure the last time we met, I’m sure now – I want to adopt him.

ozbub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
A very sweet approach to your story, well done. I don't read many stories, perhaps I should more often, but this is enjoyable.

Leilana

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Chapter three: Confession
When I get home, I can’t stop thinking about what happened. Is Tom an adult baby? If so, is he aware of it? Would he want me to take care of him? And how would I explain this to my boyfriend? Would he want me to stop seeing Tom, or would he understand that I see Tom as a baby, not a sexual object? That this is completely innocent?

Eventually I realize it’s pointless to think about my boyfriend’s reaction when I don’t even know whether Thomas would be interested in having this kind of relationship with me. I decide I need answers and send a friend request to Tom on facebook. He accepts it almost immediately. I take a deep breath and start chatting with him.

“Hi, it’s me. How are you? Do you feel sick?”

“Hi, a little, but I’m OK. Thanks for taking me to my room yesterday.”

So he does remember me. I want to ask him so many questions, but doing it online seems so impersonal. “Would you like to meet today? I want to talk to you.” Please say yes. Please say yes.

“Sure, what do you want to talk about?”

“I’d rather talk about it in person. How about we meet in the park in an hour?”

“OK, but I’m a little worried. Did I do something wrong?” How is he cute even via facebook?

“No! Not at all!”

“OK, well, see you in an hour.”

When I tell my boyfriend I’m going to meet Tom in the park, he seems to be a little jealous, but he has to study anyway so he couldn’t go with me. I promise I’ll be back soon and head out.

When we both arrive to the park, I can see he’s still sick and sleepy. He looks curious and a little worried. I smile at him reassuringly.

“Hi! Look, I’m going to get straight to the point, so you don’t have to worry anymore, alright? Do you know, what the expression ‘adult baby’ means?” He stares at me shocked.

“Yeah, I… Yes.” “And… are you?” He looks down at his feet and nods.

“It’s OK! I’m an adult baby, too! But more than that, I’m a caregiver. Do you know what that means?” He still doesn’t look at me when he answers: “No.” “Well, it’s someone who finds adult babies adorable and wants to take care of them.” He finally looks up at me. “Really?” “Yes. And you are one of the most adorable people I’ve ever seen.” He flushes and looks away, but he’s smiling now, and he looks so cute I want to hug him immediately and never let go.

“So… you like taking care of me? Like yesterday?” “So you do remember what happened yesterday. I was a little worried.” “I was not that drunk!” he says, smiling. I laugh. “Oh yes, you were. I don’t even think you’d be able to undress yourself if I didn’t help you.” “Wanna know a secret?” he asks me with a cute little smile. “I actually wasn’t that drunk. I mean I definitely was drunk,” he adds, when he sees my disagreeing look. “But I hoped you’d take care of me if I pretended I was more drunk than I really was.” “So you tricked me!” “No, I… I did not mean to!” He looks worried again. I smile. “Sweetie, it’s OK. It was a joke. But you deserved it!” He looks down again and says: “I know.” I’m pretty sure he’s being cute on purpose now, but I can’t resist hugging him.

“So, what do we do now? How should I behave?” he asks me when I let go. “I don’t know. I suggest we both act the way that feels the most natural and see where that leads us, do you agree?” “That sounds good.”

We walk through the park for two more hours and talk about how we both found out we were adult babies, how I realized I’m also a caregiver, who from our family and friends know etc. I learn that he’s afraid of frogs, that he sucked his thumb when nervous way before he realized he’s an adult baby and that he slept with his teddy bear since he was a baby.

“Really? It doesn’t seem to be so old.” “Well, the teddy bear I sleep with now is not the same one I slept with as a baby. The first one fell apart and my mom bought me a new one after I cried myself to sleep for a few nights.” “Yeah, I get that. Anyway, I should go home so my boyfriend doesn’t worry about me. I’d love to see you again soon though.” “I’d love that, too.” “I’m really glad we met.” I smile at him one more time and leave.

Leilana

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
Chapter four: Owie
“Hi, do you have time today? Or tomorrow maybe?”
“Hi Tom, I do, why?”
“Well I just got back from visiting my family and my mom said I have to go buy some new clothes, because my old clothes doesn’t look presentable anymore. Do you think you could go shopping with me?”
“Sure, why not. But why don’t you go on your own?”
“I’ve never been shopping alone. I don’t know what to choose.”
“Ok sweetie, let’s go shopping then.”

I have to smile at the screen of my computer. He really is a big child. My cute, sweet child.
---
We meet at a shop a few hours later. I don’t like shopping for clothes, but he really is lost and I eventually have to take the lead. After we get everything he needs, we look around for something he might like. Then we find a sweatshirt with Mickey Mouse on it. He looks at me, clearly unsure about it.

“Do you like it?” He just shrugs his shoulders. “Well, do you want to try it on to see, if you like it?” “Um, maybe.” He puts it on and looks at himself in the mirror. He clearly likes it more and more, but something bothers him.

“Well?” “I don’t know.” “Sweetie, I can see you like it. What’s the problem?” “I do. I’m just not sure I would be able to wear it in public. It’s really childish.” “Oh, I get that. Let’s find you something else then.” “No, but I really like it.” “Well, then buy it.” “But I…” He looks sad now. I stroke his cheek and look him in the eyes. “You don’t have to wear it in public. You can only wear it when you’re alone. Or with me.” “And how do I look in it?” “Even more adorable then usually.” “Ok, I’m gonna buy it.” Hi smiles and his eyes are shining from happiness. He half walks, half runs to the cash register with the sweatshirt still on. “Honey, you have to take it off first.” “Oh!” He then pays for everything and we leave the store.

Outside of the store I realize I don’t want to say goodbye yet. “Um, do you want to go to my flat to maybe watch something? Or play some board games?” “Oh, what board games do you have?” he asks excitedly. “So you like board games?” “I love them!” “I love them too. Ok, let’s go then. My boyfriend is gone the whole day anyway, so I’d be home alone.” We take a bus to get to my flat and the whole way there we talk about our favorite board games. It’s clearly one of his favorite topics to talk about, because he makes big gestures with his hands and sadly hurts his shoulder on the facade of our house.

“Sweetie, are you ok? Does it hurt?” “A little bit.” It’s just a scratch, but it’s pretty big and it bleeds a little bit. He’s trying to be brave, but I can see in his face that it hurts more than just a little bit and that he’s scared. “Ooh, you’ve got a big owie. Come inside, let’s treat it.” I think the word “owie” just awoke his little side, because after that tears are sparkling in his eyes.

“Let me see it. Ok, we need to clean it.” I wipe it with a tissue and some water and then pick up the disinfection to spray it at his shoulder. He looks at me horrified and moves away. “No, mommy, no! It’s gonna hurt.” Mommy. It’s the first time he ever said that to me. I mean it’s not the first time anyone has ever said that to me, but before it was always just a joke, when I was teasing my guy friends by talking to them as if they were babies and they played along. We then usually laughed about it. This is the first time someone said it sincerely. And I really don’t feel like laughing. Instead, a wave of maternity love rushes through me.

“Baby, if we don’t clean it properly, mean bacteria could get in it and make you feel sick. You know what? I have an idea.” I open my closet and take out my own pacifier I like to use from time to time. I put it in his mouth and then gently push him to sit on my lap. “Now I’m gonna count to three and then spray it, ok? Then afterwards, you can choose a plaster. I’ve got some with animals on it.” He looks like crying, but he nods. “One… two… three.” He sobs a little bit when I spray it on him, but he’s fine after a minute. I then let him choose a plaster and put it on his owie. “Do you want to give me the pacifier back now?” He shakes his head no, so we stay in the same position for a while just cuddling.

After he calms down completely, we play some board games and it’s just adorable how much he gets into the game. He keeps the pacifier in his mouth the whole time, even though it almost falls out when he laughs. He doesn’t give it back until he leaves.