• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Two failed missions? In a Row?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triscuit

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Yes, you've read correctly.

So, tonight after I left the gym, I decided that I would swing by the Giant supermarket and pick up a pack of diapers.
To make a long story short, I grabbed pull ups .. they looked like frilly, ugly things! To make matters worse -- I went to the self-check out and the chick running the computer paused it right at when I was trying to scan the pack of them and entered an Account number for my 'convenience.' Ugh, so I paid and whatnot, got out to my car and realized my mistake.

-$7.00

So, I got ballsy and decided I would swing by the grocery store that I frequent -- hey, it's big, and it's late with some snow, I figured I'd be safe.

I get there, get some Prevails -- this time I made sure it said "adjustable briefs" ... or so I thought! To make matters worse on THIS run, this twitty boy that is obsessed with my boyfriend and I had his back turned to me in the office directly across from the register I was at. WOW -- talk about NERVE-WRACKING! Anywho, I slipped out quick, got into my car, and went home.

I get home, proudly proclaim that I went on a 'mission' and successfully completed it! I even told him about the sighting of that boy (I think he was REALLY freaked out that he may have seen, but whatever)!

I RUN upstairs, open up my package and ...

frilly adjustable briefs.

-$12.00

Grand total of just under $20.

I'm done for retail diaper shopping. Doing the online thing.
This happen to anyone else? I feel more and more annoyed as I sit here and let it fester.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
Clearly you need to take more time to check out what diapers you're about to buy...
That stalker-type kid seems really freaky.

Triscuit

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I did forget to mention the first brand, which was Tena.

The second brand was Prevail (I think they're just generic-y?)

I did however just place an order with XPMedical.
I ordered Abri-Form Supers!! :D

Now I'll just have to be patient :)

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Well, there's your problem with the diapers. Store bought Tenas just plain suck, and I've ne'er heard of these prevails, but like most generics, they also probably just plain suck.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
i did this once too. i was freakin out too much and i grabbed the wrong kind. just go in cool, calm, and collected and everything will go smooth.

Triscuit

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Clearly you need to take more time to check out what diapers you're about to buy...
CLEARLY .. I do :)
Go easy on me, eh?

The "stalker" you speak of, is harmless. He had his back turned to the outside of the office, I pretty much just kept facing the opposite direction.

LostInMyHead

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
I had a similar experience.

I like the Wal*Mart "Assurance" brand pull ups for when I'm just cruising out and about and need something ultra-discrete and quiet that'll hold a good wetting (so I don't have to use public restroom).

ANywho....Wal*Mart has a new version of their Assurance Briefs branded as Overnight Maximum protection....so I went in all excited but they were out of my size....so I bought the next size smaller which still fits, its just a bit more snug than I prefer.....they were okay..they did the job...but when I went back the other night to buy another bag....hopefully in my size...I found that the only thing different is that they changed the packaging...its the same damn diaper.....ugh....I was frustrated....

Triscuit

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
ugh....I was frustrated....
i know how you're feeling!

It seems as though many of the responses in this thread revolve around the notion that I rushed it, was nervous, etc --

Sure, I was DAMN nervous, not to purchase them per se, but more about *who* would I run into. I work in a highly visible location in my area (I work for a popular retailer at a popular mall) and my face gets recognized a ton. It came down to the fact that I misunderstood the packaging -- I didn't realize that sometimes "brief" meant "diaper" and that "underwear" means "pull-ups." Whoops! Anywho -- I got my order confirmation from XPMedical, should be here tomorrow, but I'm going to be traveling for work all day. Great thing is that after tomorrow I am on vacation ALL next week .. guess I am gonna be able to really give my Abena Super's a great test run!

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
i had a something like that, except it was an online deal. Some attends pull-ups that were on ebay for super cheap. I figured "why not?" so i got them. The word "suck" now had a new meaning....

Leaked every time i used them, doubling didn't help and would always sag like crazy. Worst buy evar.

Status
Not open for further replies.