Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
Looking to see if anyone else has had experience with (and if that experience was positive or otherwise) Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy.

Long story short: Way back in 2021 (feels like a long time ago, anyway) I had to have surgery on my back passage to fix a fistula. Unfortunately that left me with mild faecal incontinence. (No complete loss of bowels, just leaking enough to be a pain in the... left shoulder. Though hot weather in summer gives me the runs and makes it a more dangerous prospect.)

In the last few months I've noticed I have also been getting more and more issues with urinary incontinence, rather situational (waking up, specifically in my own bed, not in other beds..., as well as when I arrive home on my motorbike) and today to the point that I was glad I was wearing something far more absorbent that my usual day-to-day protection (I'm also an AB/DL).

While being an AB/DL means that a proper flooding from time-to-time doesn't worry me, I much prefer those to be on my own terms, at times that I choose, so I sought advice from the national helpline here in Aus. They have recommended that I look at Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy and gave me the details for a clinic local to me, but I was wondering if anyone here had had any experience with this and if they've had any success.

SoggyApril

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
Thank you! My search skills obviously need considerable work.