Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
i was walking back from going out somewhere yesterday and i was walking back. i started trying to avoid the cracks in the pavement slabs. it got me wondering. is there anyone else who sometimes or alwas dos this when they go out.

tennismad[SUB][/SUB]

DONeill73

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Its a form of OCD. Jack Nicholson did it for his charachter in, "As Good as it gets" He would avoid cracks or seperations of any kind. Then he enters the apt lobby of Helen Hunt, and the lobby floor is all black and white which are one square inch little tiles. You can just hear the "awww shit" going on in his head.

FauxPas

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Other
Glad I am not the only one, I do it on my way to work, I can take 2 steps between each crack. I would not say it is an OCD thing as much as you do not wish to break your mothers back :laugh:

PacifiedByKnowledge

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I always do it for whatever reason. I also try to only walk on certain tiles, if there is more than one type on the floor. I don't know of it OCD or perhaps just a fun little game. Either way, I never outgrew it.

SnowBlitz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
I usually avoid cracks in sidewalks as well. I wouldn't really consider it an OCD thing more along the lines of a childhood habit that we never outgrew.

DONeill73

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Not only the premeasured cracks in the sidewalk, that are uniform, and straight and such, but also the irregular cracks, the ones that happened because there was water, and it froze and cracked the concrete work, natural cracks and the man made ones. You all may not think of it as OCD, but I used to count my steps in each each "block" and I talked with a therapist about it (among many many other things, and yes, it is a very very light form of it, but its still is what it is.

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Step on a crack, break your mother's back.

Even tho' my mother's been gone almost 5 years now, I still refrain from stepping on the cracks.

I think what was a game of sorts as a child, becomes ingrained in the back of our miind, and we just naturally evade the cracks. I'm glad the sidewalks here aren't as cracked as the ones in "As Good As It Gets", or I'd be dancing down the sidewalk like Jack Nicholson. LOL

Near

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Babyfur
Did it as a child quite often, but very rarely now. I find it a fairly boring game even at the best of times :p

Lobie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Glad I am not the only one, I do it on my way to work, I can take 2 steps between each crack. I would not say it is an OCD thing as much as you do not wish to break your mothers back :laugh:

I almost always do this when I'm alone. When I'm with other people my mind is typically on other things, but if I realize it I will always avoid the cracks... Simply because I can.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who counts how many steps between each crack!

Me walking when alone I'm like...

1 2 1 2 1 (1 1/2) (1 1/2) 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 3 4 (When I get a big piece of sidewalk) XD

I always try to keep it even though, gah, I'm even more crazy than I previously thought ><

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
Don't pay much attention to cracks any more as where I walk everyday there is no sidewalks. I don't count roadways or parkinglots as most of them are blacktop.

pajamakitten

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
  5. Carer
Did so as a kid but it's just impractical now, I look like an idiot walking all bow-legged like that but the floor is still made of lava of course.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I did as a kid. It's a very Monkish thing to do, and I still do a few Monkish type things.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
im glad their are other people that do it as well as me. i alwas thought it was a bit odd and i could never understand why i do it. i cant help myself from doing it. i also sometimes do it like im playing hopscotch. i used to play hopscotch at school. i remember it too. it used to be a game. the idea i think if i can remember properly. i think you threw a pebble or a n object of some kind and then you had hoscotch the square you threw it on i think. to me tho its not that boring and for some reason when nobodys arounf me. i tend to start doing it. i also dont think its OCD. i think it is a game whichwe as kids ued to play a lot. i also think that i didnt grow out of it. just like at zebra crossings. i alwas try to not to step on the black bits. only on the white bits of the zebra crossing. ha ha i wonder if anyone dos this other then just me ?

RoamingHermit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
I almost always do this when I'm alone. When I'm with other people my mind is typically on other things, but if I realize it I will always avoid the cracks... Simply because I can.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who counts how many steps between each crack!

Me walking when alone I'm like...

1 2 1 2 1 (1 1/2) (1 1/2) 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 3 4 (When I get a big piece of sidewalk) XD

I always try to keep it even though, gah, I'm even more crazy than I previously thought ><

Don't worry Lobie i'm much crazier than you with these kinds of things. Sometimes if I lose count of the cracks or step on one, I'll try to even it out again. If that fails I almost always go back a few squares and start it over again! :heiscrazy: :lol:

M

Maxx

Dammit! Haven't thought about it since I was like...... 8. Now you're going to have me looking down while I walk again.

Gah! I'm in the middle of a tile floor! Tiptoe? Kill myself? Wait nervously for my head to explode?

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
i hate it when the tiles or pavement slabs are really small. i really struggle not to stand on the cracks then. for some odd reason when i walk on a rack it annoys me. why is that ?. i still do other childish thins too. like wen im walking down the pavemen or the sidewalk. if theres a piece of asphalt in a line. i will try to walk along the line without stepping off of it. i wonder if anyone else dos this as well. or am i really little ? ha ha

tall2826

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
I do this everyday when I go out walking unless there is something that caught my eye not on the ground

Tonky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Yup. Guilty, and not just the pavement, I'll jump and dodge over any seams or joins in anything. It amuses me and I have no idea why :3

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I can't exaclty remember what I do since it has been a while since I was conscious how I walked.

If the ground had lines where I can walk on them like a balance beam type of thing I would do that. I also used those parking things a lot for that (They are long narrow pieces of concrete to make you stop from going to far.)

In grade school we had small tiles so I would step inside each one as I walked or walk on the line.

Far as real sidewalks, can't really remember if I did that at times. I probably did seeing how I remember acting in school.

Status
Not open for further replies.