TryAgains

redprtodd

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
Just saw where Pretend Again is launching a diaper next month (https://www.pretendagain.com/)
I love their shirts, and if the diaper lives up to their sketches, I am really excited.
(Curious about the cloth/plastic outer shell and what that will end up being - that could be the deal breaker for me)

Reactions: Liddlefoot, Alecsam, littlesheep250 and 2 others
Just signed up to get notification when these diapers arrive. Very modern Pampers look to them especially the color green.
There isn't much info on them especially the sizing but it's worth a look and nothing says I have to order them if they aren't what they seem to be. I'd like to see what the back looks like but I'm sure that'll come later on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230826-104658_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20230826-104658_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Reactions: Littlebabaprince
These are definitely super cute from the artwork and are right up my street for the design style, unfortunately it already says only shipping within the US so no chance for me to get any when they release. :cry:

They are super cute. Lucky us in the US. Maybe Diaper Minister will carry them in the future. They carry the Kiddo line and I'd love to get my hands on some of the Kiddos diapers like the Junior plus and the new Teddy's. They also carry all of Tykables line but then again Tykables ships internationally.

Looks very awesome, though I am curious about it being Plothtic ( or a mix of cloth and plastic ).
Wonder how exactly it would work and feel, if it's any different then what we know of regular cloth and plastic backed.

Last edited:
Alecsam said:
Looks very awesome, though I am curious about it being Plothtic ( or a mix of cloth and plastic ).
Wonder how exactly it would work and feel, if it's any different then what we know of regular cloth and plastic backed.
As a fan of plastic backed - I am hoping it is plastic shell with cloth landing zone for velcro tapes. While I am not generally a fan of hook and loop closures on diapers (at least plastic backed ones -becuase you can't roll them up for disposal) - I am less of a fan of cloth backed no crinkle diapers.

Alecsam said:
Well since the breathable back sheet on diapers is primarily made of plastics and yet it's somehow super soft and waterproof then this plothtic thing might just be a new rung on the ladder to create a thinner softer more waterproof material.
I guess we won't know until we feel it for ourselves.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230826-231956_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230826-231956_Chrome.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Thinking
Reactions: Alecsam
They look interesting but sad to hear that they will only ship exclusively within the US. Hopefully they expand their operation to the UK/EU.

The positive side of US only distribution is it keeps me from splurging! They do look very cute though and a more varied market is basically a good thing.

TryAgains? If you are wearing these shouldn't it be FailAgains and again and again and again?

🚫🚽

👉👈😏

• Haha
Reactions: MegaLugia, Glaceon, mtl1107 and 2 others
I hope those diapers have a cloth-like covering, because that's something that's often missing in many ABDL diapers for some reason.

Last edited:
Alecsam said:
Nowididit said:
Well since the breathable back sheet on diapers is primarily made of plastics and yet it's somehow super soft and waterproof then this plothtic thing might just be a new rung on the ladder to create a thinner softer more waterproof material.
I guess we won't know until we feel it for ourselves.
It seems like they are using the same concept as Tykables Animooz, where it's a full-thickness plastic back with an extra cloth-like layer on top. So you get the leak resistance of plastic back but the outer feel of cloth. I expand upon more reasons why I think Tykables is responsible for these diapers here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads...imooz-with-different-design-of-course.178003/

I smacked the link at the top of the thread just to check and they have pics of the actual diapers and they are available for order.

TigerDL said:
It seems like they are using the same concept as Tykables Animooz, where it's a full-thickness plastic back with an extra cloth-like layer on top. So you get the leak resistance of plastic back but the outer feel of cloth. I expand upon more reasons why I think Tykables is responsible for these diapers here: https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads...imooz-with-different-design-of-course.178003/
All Pretendagain is saying is they partnered with Littles Fullfillment for shipping. They are shipping out of Elk Grove, Ill,, out of Tykables US distribution center.
Also TryAgains are boasting a combination of plastic and cloth back that still has a crinkle, Animooz has no crinkle.
I don't believe Tykables was part of the production of this diaper, they are just a distribution center. Seeing that most ABDL suppliers are having issues with stock it seems that Tykables might the space to for the pretendagain stock thereforeis leasing the space. Imo it's a very smart business for both companies. Tykables gets a space rental fee from pretendagain while pretendagain doesn't have to lease a whole warehouse for storage and distribution.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230924-054830_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230924-054830_Chrome.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20230921-203032_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230921-203032_Chrome.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 4
Nowididit said:
Also TryAgains are boasting a combination of plastic and cloth back that still has a crinkle, Animooz has no crinkle.
That's an interesting distinction. I wonder if they just claim the plastic part provides crinkle still just because it is present, but it actually behaves more like the Animooz without the crinkle.

Nowididit said:
I don't believe Tykables was part of the production of this diaper, they are just a distribution center. Seeing that most ABDL suppliers are having issues with stock it seems that Tykables might the space to for the pretendagain stock thereforeis leasing the space. Imo it's a very smart business for both companies. Tykables gets a space rental fee from pretendagain while pretendagain doesn't have to lease a whole warehouse for storage and distribution.
I have other reasons I think this is basically a Tykables product, which I talked about in that other thread. One of the key parts is the measurement ranges for the sizes. I have noticed that size ranges are highly individual to each brand, as well as sometimes differ between cuts of the same brand. Take a size L for example: Rearz has 2 cuts of 33-42 or 39-44; ABU has 4 fits: 37-42, 37-44, 36-43, and 35-41; Bambino is all 38-50 (besides the ones with the stretchy sides); LFB are 36-46; and Tykables are 36-48, which is the same range that the TryAgains use.

My guess is these TryAgains were made on the same machines at the same manufacturer as Tykables, just with their different design. And then possibly shipped in a container along with Tykables diapers to their fulfillment center, hence why they are shipped from Tykables (similar to how all those "fulfilled by Amazon" are shipped from Amazon warehouses, since other sellers send their product to the warehouse so Amazon can perform the shipping portion). TryAgains likely needs to give Tykables a cut of the profits because of this, hence their higher price than Animooz by $5 per pack.

TigerDL said:
That's an interesting distinction. I wonder if they just claim the plastic part provides crinkle still just because it is present, but it actually behaves more like the Animooz without the crinkle.

I have other reasons I think this is basically a Tykables product, which I talked about in that other thread. One of the key parts is the measurement ranges for the sizes. I have noticed that size ranges are highly individual to each brand, as well as sometimes differ between cuts of the same brand. Take a size L for example: Rearz has 2 cuts of 33-42 or 39-44; ABU has 4 fits: 37-42, 37-44, 36-43, and 35-41; Bambino is all 38-50 (besides the ones with the stretchy sides); LFB are 36-46; and Tykables are 36-48, which is the same range that the TryAgains use.

My guess is these TryAgains were made on the same machines at the same manufacturer as Tykables, just with their different design. And then possibly shipped in a container along with Tykables diapers to their fulfillment center, hence why they are shipped from Tykables (similar to how all those "fulfilled by Amazon" are shipped from Amazon warehouses, since other sellers send their product to the warehouse so Amazon can perform the shipping portion). TryAgains likely needs to give Tykables a cut of the profits because of this, hence their higher price than Animooz by $5 per pack.
Let's use this size range but use XL size for example.
I wear XLs and all the ABDL suppliers of XLs fit the same, the only difference is a slight decrease in the rise of the diaper. ABU, Tykables and Bambino all rise to the same height on my body, Rearz and LFB sit slightly lower, but all of the above suppliers ABDL diapers fit the same on the waist with the tapes landing on the front of the diaper.
There are limited diaper manufacturers in China and I would assume most adult diapers are produced there so some ABDL suppliers are probably using the same company and are basically getting the same cut. Since diaper machines are specifically adult or infant then I'm assuming that there are very little adjustments that can be made to the size of the diaper being manufactured. It'd be a safe guess to say that all adult diapers are produced on only a few machines with a few tweaks to each individual suppliers product. I think the ABDL diaper suppliers use their own size ranges but are basically a universal size range in general.

Last edited:
Nowididit said:
Let's use this size range but use XL size for example.
I wear XLs and all the ABDL suppliers of XLs fit the same, the only difference is a slight decrease in the rise of the diaper. ABU, Tykables and Bambino all rise to the same height on my body, Rearz and LFB sit slightly lower, but all of the above suppliers ABDL diapers fit the same on the waist with the tapes landing on the front of the diaper.
There are limited diaper manufacturers in China and I would assume most adult diapers are produced there so some ABDL suppliers are probably using the same company and are basically getting the same cut. Since diaper machines are specifically adult or infant then I'm assuming that there are very little adjustments that can be made to the size of the diaper being manufactured. It'd be a safe guess to say that all adult diapers are produced on only a few machines with a few tweaks to each individual suppliers product. I think the ABDL diaper suppliers use their own size ranges but are basically a universal size range in general.
I disagree. Diapers from different brands fit quite differently, and even within each brand they often have a number of different cuts that fit differently. Or perhaps all the XL sizes are more similar to each other.

We see all the time people on this site talking about how one brand's certain size fits them better than another brand's, and people encourage new diaper wearers to test them out to see which ones fit them best.

It can't be just a difference of stated range, because a specific brand's ranges should be self-consistent with the ranges of their other products, if that makes sense. Like Rearz or ABU can't just have 1 cut of diaper with the different ranges they state, or else those different ranges would not be truthful. Rearz own 33-42 size L must be different somehow from their 39-44 size L, and ABU even put out a guide explaining their different cuts. It might be true that there are limited diaper manufacturers, and they probably produce the diapers of multiple ABDL brands, but they are likely specifying different parameters for their cuts. Sure, they are all in the classic hourglass shape, but exactly how wide is the crotch, how wide are the wings, how long is the diaper, how tall are the wings, these are all measurements each brand can customize.

Reactions: MegaLugia and Xane
Belarin said:
unfortunately it already says only shipping within the US so no chance for me to get any when they release. :cry:
Unless you have a close friend in the US who is willing to do you a favor. You could ask around I suppose.

Those are adorable. This is the first I'm hearing about this shop. I'll hafta order some as soon as I get a chance. At first glance, they look very much like the ones lil comfort shop just came out with. I love the prints though. Especially the Koala.

Back