Status
Not open for further replies.

Poohbearboy

baby age toddler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I yeah been seizure's free for 9 years of this year my lest one was when was in 1998
I'm medication to help control it. That try take off my medication once went in to seizures right way like with in week my doctors say more active at night when sleep I could still be have small who know.

I ride bike around with cousin swim with aunt during summer so active all time I know have epilepsy for rest my life and learning disability go with it. But go try bes to find program help with on line chat better.

I think of this way got live life like young child for rest of my life so be I guess say I'm going to be toys rus kid for ever lol.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
leave that line in your signature. hopefully that plus this thread will encourage people to go easy on you.

as far as valerye's comments are concerned, i think if anyone has a right to talk about not using your disabilities as an excuse for complacency, it's him. as he's said, he has significant learning impediments, and there are probably others besides me on this forum who remember what his posts were like a couple of years ago. they were completely indecipherable -- you literally could not understand a thing he was trying to say -- and he took endless shit for it from just about everyone in the community. since then he has clearly worked tirelessly to overcome his dyslexia, etc, because nowadays his posts are quite clear and readable. so i think valerye's highly qualified to advise babylife247 that he can improve his writing through hard work, discipline, and careful attention to detail.

It's a text-based medium. You might be brilliant and cool in person, but if you can't convey that wonderfulness in your text, we can't see it. The words are all we have. I'm not trying to be mean, but your stuff is just plain hard to read/understand. If you can't make yourself more clear, expect to get complaints. I think people here are understanding enough that most of the ones who have tried to read what you posted and the explanation would not continue to hassle you about it, but there is always someone new who has no idea why you're so hard to understand.

trevor's right. your disability isn't your fault, babylife247, and hopefully no one will hold you to blame for it, but it IS a significant disability on a forum like this, and it's going to seriously hamper your ability to take part in the community. you're going to have a hard time talking with us if no one can understand what you're trying to say.

i'd say you should use this as a motivation to work hard on improving your writing skills. i realized it's harder for you than for most people, but, as they say, life isn't fair. i wish you luck finding a grammar-check program that can help you out. the sooner you improve your writing, the sooner you'll be able to fully take part in our conversations here.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
leave that line in your signature. hopefully that plus this thread will encourage people to go easy on you.

as far as valerye's comments are concerned, i think if anyone has a right to talk about not using your disabilities as an excuse for complacency, it's him. as he's said, he has significant learning impediments, and there are probably others besides me on this forum who remember what his posts were like a couple of years ago. they were completely indecipherable -- you literally could not understand a thing he was trying to say -- and he took endless shit for it from just about everyone in the community. since then he has clearly worked tirelessly to overcome his dyslexia, etc, because nowadays his posts are quite clear and readable. so i think valerye's highly qualified to advise babylife247 that he can improve his writing through hard work, discipline, and careful attention to detail.

True, but two things:
1. how he said it was destructive, I don't think ANYBODY has the right of giving destructive criticism.
2. I don't think anyone has anything here which is even like it. There are enough people with LDs and Autism here but I don't know of anyone who also has extensive brain damage. He's in a totally different boat then valery was and yet he's saying stuff asif he was in exactly the same situation.

Poohbearboy

baby age toddler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Thank Martin and ever one been so supported yeah had a problem with typing, but I finally think I found the right program been looking for it call WhiteSmoke. It can be so frustration to type and spell but think this program will help me out I'm using it now work pretty good as I can see if you can read this program is works for me this program checks your grammar and then tells what spelled wrong and need correction or if it A full sentence or not.

Role
  1. Private
Thank Martin and ever one been so supported yeah had a problem with typing, but I finally think I found the right program been looking for it call WhiteSmoke. It can be so frustration to type and spell but think this program will help me out I'm using it now work pretty good as I can see if you can read this program is works for me this program checks your grammar and then tells what spelled wrong and need correction or if it A full sentence or not.

I've just hit the web site and this looks on par with Grammarian ProX.

Would anyone mind if I (or someone else, I'm not fussed) put WhiteSmoke into the "Handy Computer Programs" Wiki entry?

I may also add a link in my sig if I still have room.

Thanks, babylife247 - it looks a good find!

Poohbearboy

baby age toddler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Yeah it is good find now I can type in the forum and people will be able to understand I hope by you posting it in your sig it helps other out to it A very good program I'm going to pay $79.99 for it help me out a lot as you can see.

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other

Your spelling is a lot better now. I'm glad you took our advice and started to use a program or spellcheck to help us better and you too so we can understand your posts more. Put in mind that there are people out there who don't do a thing about it and when they are given advice to use a program or use Microsoft word since it has spell check in it, they see it as an attack they leave the forum as if they think just because they have dyslexia, they think people should put up with their posts and don't have to use spell check because they have a disability. It be like a person refusing to wear glasses when they need them so they are bumping into people, get in their car and drive and crash into something and think they shouldn't get a ticket because they have poor eye vision.

I once told a dyslexic on another forum to use spellcheck and told her google toolbar has it and someone else told me I was harsh when I all I did was told her her post was very hard to read and understand and using spellcheck would help us a lot and her too. I didn't see her back in the thread again so I might have scared her off with my advice.

Poohbearboy

baby age toddler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Yeah know your saying some do take advice come to their disability, I don't think it was harsh tell someone use a program . When other been telling me to find a program that what went out did, but it took always because I need grammar checker and spell checker like one, I'm using now. By take, everyone advice found a program that fixed the problem help me out a lot thank for all your support been a lot help we got great community of good people.

Status
Not open for further replies.