Status
Not open for further replies.

Poohbearboy

baby age toddler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Yeah think good idea too that could tell little about backgroun medical and mental mind but yeah I'm glade I started this becuase there alot nice and caring people here .

I hope this clear everthing with grammer and spelling god bless you all

Poohbearboy

baby age toddler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Yeah that one was talking about earlier in my post it look really good thank post it but seen it ask mommy and daddy get for help type better
after look at price thing way far out priice range to high .

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
That sucks, it's not free :sad:

Thank god I have google tool bar. Also has spell checker.

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Hey babyforlife :)

Just wanted to say thank you for starting this thread. I think it's been really good the way you've held your ground here, and that you've tried to clear things up with regards to a few misunderstandings. It's really good that you're trying to get some software to sort this out, and I want to say I apologise for jumping on your back a little too quickly.

It's times like this that we realise how supportive, or otherwise, a community really is. As it's already been said, this is a support community for everyone! Not just the well educated or capable, this is for everyone (apart from the perves, no perves here!).

I think it's really important that as a community we all move forward from here. Who are we to say 'oh I have the same learning disability so you must be wrong.' Thats not supportive, its not kind, it's just not a very nice thing to say. We all know that things come in varying degrees, and learning disabilities is just another one. I'd hope that all of the members here at Adisc are mature enough to realise this, and to cut people some slack as and when it's appropriate.

And I'm really shocked and disgusted at how some people have behaved in this thread. I'm sure you can work out who you are.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Stand down. It is bad enough starting an argument with a regular member, but do not start one with one who obviously struggles with grammar, it is ridiculous. He has a LD; do not start saying that just because you have one form [of] a disability, you know everything about it, because you will be wrong. That is all there is to it. As for his signature, I thank him for it; it gives me a reason for why he is doing it. And again, back off.

I also changed some of the grammar around. :)

big deal i made some errors...... i dont care it was late a night.

Poohbearboy

baby age toddler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
Thank for all your comments think has help clear up somethings and show me how good community this is and yeah check alot
of software google spelling and grammer there very price high.

I stick with IE 7 and google spell checker for now onless can find software cheap in my price range .

Role
  1. Private
I am very picky about my spelling and I type fast so I do a lot of misspelled words and I do not like to proof read my long posts. I just like to type them and get it done with, than having to read my post again before I hit the submit button. It takes too long and wastes my time.
Unfortunately, this gives the impression that you couldn't give a shit about making it easy for your reader to understand you. I've been criticized for same (I sometimes make connections in academic writing that are far from clear, and I do it implicitly and can lose some editors/reviewers at times), and it's a bad habit to get into or keep.

He has a right to express his views as well even if it may or may not satisfy you, me or anyone else. Most of the adisc members do live in a country where even the president of Iran gave a lecture at a college here in the US.
To be sure, yes. However, if I can either read something that is well put-together and stimulates increased thinking and understanding of a topic, or something that I really have to work at to understand, I'll take the easier of the two items. That's just human nature. And the fact that I'm usually on here really late at night. We must all accommodate the reader here if we expect to be understood (see above). OP is making a commendable effort, but I still find it difficult to slog through some of his posts. That's just the fact of being me and reading the text presented here.

This is my input on what was posted:

I don't see why some of you guys have to be mean to the poor fellow. He is obviously trying pretty darn hard to make his messages as clear as possible.

I don't think just because of the way the guy posts, he should be excluded from this community, we are a support forum after all.
Agreed (see above).

You can go to Word and write that which you want to say. It has a spell checker and a grammar checker. Then you can copy from Word and paste to adisc. Just toggle back and forth. I hope that will help you. My wife teaches learning disabled math, and so I can appreciate the frustration. I wish you the best.
Microsoft Word (part of the Microsoft Office suite) has a barely literate sense of grammar, and I tend to turn it off. However, it would certainly point out glaring errors (although it would likely provide confusion on things that are indeed correct, also). If you're on an Apple computer, you can get Grammarian ProX as well. It is to Word what a Ferrari is to a tricycle. <IE7. You won't be on an Apple. Or at least not using OSX on it. :( >

:bunny: Thanks to all of you for compassionate posts, We're all leery of text type abbreviations and intentional baby talk on this site. But I think babylife247 is truly attempting to communicate and connect with this community to the best of his ability.

I think Babylfe24/7 deserves the support and sanctuary of this ADISC community, as much as a 55 year old adult baby, as much as a trans-gendered teen, as much as a 27 year old DL in the US Navy stationed over seas, as much as an ADISC Administrator Dr. Peachy in Germany. If we are truly to be a support community, we need to extend our openness. Never to Perverts or Pedophiles, but open not to just the educated or highly capable, but to all within this wide community of people.
Again, agreed. I can't say that I'm at 100% understanding of OP's posts, but I make every effort possible to get there.

babylife247-

Thanks for starting this thread--it's really generated some interesting conversation, and on topics I've been thinking about since April 1st. (After Christmas, I think April Fool's Day is one of my least favorite days...why have a day when deception is socially acceptable?)
Do you really want the story of the date? It has to do with a calendar change and the people left in the dark being called fools.

F

FullMetal

I would like to go over some of the things that have been said in this thread because some things happen to get lost in translation.

I do not like to do this so much anymore because the fun has been a little lost but some things in this thread just did not make me too fond of where heads are at.

I have several severe learning disabilities. Do not see me complainning when people tell me I spell something wrong.

You said this. And then, because someone called you out on it. You said this:

Complain
com·plained, com·plain·ing, com·plains
1. To express feelings of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment.

I'm very literal. He was dissatisfied with how some people handled it.
I never said he was lying.

I am going to straight up call out bull shit. Sorry if you do not agree. But how in the world are you going to really back up the attack (and I use the word attack because when you talk to people you do it in a tone that is extremely rude,) that you made on him with 'oh, I was just using this definition of the word.'

That does not make me mad because you particularly did that, but the fact that you think that no one would call you out on that- that the people on this forum are so dense that they can't see through that bullshit, that thought makes me a bit angry.

Have you got rep about spelling and stuff like that. No! So do not complain. People are going to get on your case about this.

He actually has I believe, but it was taken away because he had a reason.

This is how WE communicate. Deal with it. However hard it may be. Quite a few of us do.

Please, do not say shit like this. Because I do not communicate like that and he does not have to 'deal' with anything.

Saying stuff like "sorry about my typing got forum Austim so hard for me type and write." Will annoy people. Many here have Autism, Dyslexia, Dysgrapia, ADD/ADHD, Asperger ect. Most do not use it to Hinder there learning ability

Alright. There are types of conditions. Not all are the same. Just because someone has ADD and another has Autism you can not go out and say "Oh, well he isn't letting his ADD stop him from typing properly, why can't you?!" because people are different and have different issues. You grouping everyone into one category and expecting them to all preform on the same level is a tad bit primitive in the world of...for lack of a better word- thought.

"Most do not use it to Hinder there learning ability"

And, what exactly does that mean? That people who have learning problems still learn the same only if they tried harder? Because that is what it sounds like you are saying.

Saying sorry for my spelling I have (what ever here.) Hinders it because that is basically telling people that you do not want to find out the correct way to spell something

That is the most ignorant thing I have heard in a while. He has a disability. This does hinder how he will use his words. Do you really expect him to spend an hour on every post trying to find the right word? You will somehow someway have to learn how to speak with some poise in the future for I fear that you will be branded an asshole and no one will take you seriously.

I've learned a great deal about spelling with people telling me what I spelled wrong. Saying I have dyslexia So I spell wrong will give the people the impression that you do not want to learn to spell the right way.

For the last time, he is not the same person as you. He might not have the same capabilities as you.

some disibilities are more severe then others. But you should not use your disibility as a thing to hid behind because you do not want some one to tell you something EX. Dyslexias and Spelling. You should atleast make an attempt and allow people to help. Ex. typing on a forum and people pointing out mistakes.

You have a weird way of helping. It actually looks like bashing to me.

Thats what he made it sound like. HE made it sound like he wanted to hide behind the disabilities to avoid people telling him anything.

No, you blew up on him before he could defend himself. He was trying to make people like you understand that he is trying but all you did was throw shit at him, of course afterward he will feel shitty.

In any case. Do not ever think that giving your experience on a subject can validate that you 'know' what someone is going through. He is not like you. You have to realize that.

We communicate by typing on this forum. Giving the impression that you do not want to improve your typing skill is going to annoy people. So will making a big deal about this. It just does.

He did not make a big deal out of it. He started a thread to inform people of why he types the way he does. You were the one that made a big deal out of it.

Please use proper Words. Your And you.

Grammar Check: 'Your' and 'you' need quotes around them signifying that they are making a reference to some mistake that your original poster made. And the word 'and' does not have to be capitalized.

I could do that all day. Literally- I could. But why call someone out when you understand what they are saying? I totally understood what you meant, but I called you out to make a point. Not everyone is playing on the same level as you. Some people will know more about grammar and spelling, and some people will know less. But, if you understand them, there should be no problem.

before someone less nice them me decides to negative rep you for it.

Thank you.

I would also heave those words if I were you. Try and be a little more civil in the future- I am sure you wont hate it.

Autism does not cause poor spelling and grammar. Learning disability does. :wallbash:

No he doesn't have a mental mind. You expect us all to cater you just because you have a mental mind of a child? That is using it as an excuse if that is what you expect.

People can use their disabilities as an excuse and not even know it.

And some people can misinterpret others voicing their struggles for 'making an excuse.' Like you just did.

He does have autism, and in some cases that does cause learning disabilities, which I am sure you noticed he had.

He was not trying to excuse himself, he made this thread because people kept on telling him the same thing. That he was trying to act cute or he was not trying hard enough to spell and use grammar correctly. He was explaining to those people that he is trying and it is hard for him but to understand where he is coming from.

If you can not do that, than I guess that is your stance. But what I took from all of this is that we have to open our minds and get out of our little own boxes to try and understand the struggles of another.

FullMetal

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
It depends what you mean by learning disabilities. If it's about doing school work, reading, having a learning different style, anything about learning than having behavior problems, self help skills, and cognitive. In this case, it was about spelling. I just get annoyed when people place their problems on a label that has nothing to do with it. I have even met a couple people online who have been diagnosed with ADHD and guesswhat, they had obsessions like aspies do and yes they were saying it was part of their ADHD and you know what I told them? I told them it was not ADHD and people with it do not get obsessed unless they have AS. Was I being mean? No I was not, I was correcting them.
I have read about ADHD and it has never said anything about them getting obsessed or fixated on anything or focused on an interest. Autistic people do and it did turn out those two had AS just as I suspected when they mentioned their other problems that were un ADHD related. AS can get mistaken for ADHD because they share some same behavior. Stimming can be mistaken for fidgeting and being unable to sit still. Getting distracted by sounds can be mistaken for short attention span instead of realizing it's sensory issues. ADHDers are also impulsive and so are aspies so it can be mistaken also. Sometimes I question my own ADD wondering if I really do have it. I never got told I don't yet.

Babylife cleared up the misunderstanding when he said somewhere he doesn't know what problems are part of what he has but I just didn't see it somewhere in his posts until someone pointed that out in this thread. He doesn't know what autism is or what problems are part of what he has simply because his parents never sat down with him and told him what behavior he has is part of autism. Not all parents explain to their kids about their own disabilities and how it effects them or they just don't explain them well enough. Or it would have taken them too long to talk about autism so that's why it's easier to just have them read about their own condition because there is so much about it.

I have read lot of books and web pages on autism so I know a lot about it and I go to the forums too such as wrongplanet. It has never said anything about them struggling with spelling. Only way they would is if they have another disability that would cause it. So I don't think it's mean to tell someone their problem isn't part of what they have. If babylife would have mentioned in the first place what all his conditions are instead of waiting for this thread, I think it would have cleared up the misunderstanding a lot sooner same as saying he doesn't know what part of his problems are part of what. I don't know when he said that. He could have said it in one of his deleted posts I never got to read so he left a hole about himself to the other members.

Here is something I know about autism, some of them do have poor handwriting because of poor motor skills. Of course lot of kids have poor hand writing but autistic kids have it worse and it's harder for them to write neatly. So what is done about it? Computers or they have an aid that writes things for them on their school work. I don't consider it a special rule or treatment because they are still getting their work done. I call it a accommodation. Luckily I didn't have that problem with handwriting but I had other accommodations because of my AS and LD.

So I don't think I was attacking him or being mean. I would have to call him names and say he is stupid or dumb or call him retard to be mean or call him a retarded baby but I have not done that have I? Only jerks would do that. I haven't seen any flaming on babylife, only corrections and critism, and someone not knowing he wasn't typing like that on purpose. Some people do mistake that for meanness or bullying unfortunately.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
To be sure, yes. However, if I can either read something that is well put-together and stimulates increased thinking and understanding of a topic, or something that I really have to work at to understand, I'll take the easier of the two items. That's just human nature. And the fact that I'm usually on here really late at night. We must all accommodate the reader here if we expect to be understood (see above). OP is making a commendable effort, but I still find it difficult to slog through some of his posts. That's just the fact of being me and reading the text presented here.

That was all in regards to Valerye's comments. King of clubs was pretty much telling him he should not be posting since he (king of clubs) did not like what he was saying.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
First of all: babylife, the best is all you can do, and from what I can see you're doing your best to make your posts legible. That's all we can ask and I believe a lot of people will be able to see that. If you have any questions or need anything feel free to PM me.

Secondly Cuddos to the people that didn't let this turn into a "bash the minority"-thread. I especially would like to thank Mesmerale

But sadly there are some people that think it's needed to do just that. I'd like to ask 1 thing: why the hell do you want to bash someone like you did? Ever heard of the saying: "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything."? Constructive criticism is good but not destructive criticism, which is exactly what some people did here. For those people this is also a final warning.

Last edited:
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Firstly, i would like to apologize to anyone who i may have offended last night with my mindless posts, and to make things worse i just kept adding fuel to the fire.

Secondly, i would like to apologise to anyone who got the wrong ideas from my posts, i thought they made sense but clearly they didnt, i hope this little phase doesnt effect how you guys think of me in the long term. Again i apologise for being such a prat.

King of Clubs

Poohbearboy

baby age toddler
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I talk to my family to day why was in hospital with uncle and my my grandma told me I don't think it autism of any kind .She say the same my mommy said to me my learning disability cause by the Brain damage from the Seizures and that just left me with A low IQ will never go up and mental mind of young child. So It brain damage that seizure's cause guess that made this way if understand them .

That said not 100% just understand the doctors I seen all my life so if that right it left mental mind child and learning disability's.

Role
  1. Private
That was all in regards to Valerye's comments. King of clubs was pretty much telling him he should not be posting since he (king of clubs) did not like what he was saying.
I understand; the point that I was making is that the ball is in my court with the OP, as he has made great effort to be understood. And I was also admitting that, on occasion, I just cannot get to 100%. :(

This is in stark contrast to other folks (not on the forum, but in real-life) who can do better, and write sloppy, lazy, awful prose because they couldn't be bothered to look it over. And in these cases, I push the ball back into their court and ask for a re-write if it's in my power and the idea looks salvageable.

And in the same post, I went on to very briefly outline that writing for consumption is different than writing for oneself.

I talk to my family to day why was in hospital with uncle and my my grandma told me I don't think it autism of any kind .She say the same my mommy said to me my learning disability cause by the Brain damage from the Seizures and that just left me with A low IQ will never go up and mental mind of young child. So It brain damage that seizure's cause guess that made this way if understand them .

That said not 100% just understand the doctors I seen all my life so if that right it left mental mind child and learning disability's.
If you are still at risk for (or actively having) seizures, there are medicines and even implants that can halt these. When that is under control, neurogenesis (growing new neurons) is possible, but linguistic deficits are difficult to recover after puberty. So the best thing to do is stop further damage from happening, and then be as mentally active as you can. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.