Truth vs Lieing

To Tell the Truth or To lie!

• The truth and being honest about our habits is the best solution.

Votes: 4 11.8%
  • The truth yet not necessary to be honest about everything.

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Lying is the only option for me.

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • What I do is my own business.

Votes: 13 38.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dprdinky

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
Ok it's been bantered about for many of the threads about how to approach confrontations with parents or being found out by friends and family.

My personal feeling are fairly well known is to be truthful and honest about what we are doing.

Others claim it's none of our parents or friends/family business what we do!

Still others pronounce that we don't ask our parents what they were doing in their rooms, even though the sounds coming from their room can be construed a certain way, so why is it any of our parents what we do in our own room.

So I'd like to find out what is really better to do or say!

Last edited:

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
well a parent/friend no matter what the issues always like the truth and will normally be alot less ticked of when than if you lie and the find out other wise. while I told my mom out of me wanting to. i am 99% certain she would have liked the truth better if she found out.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I think it really depends on your particular situation and how your parents will react. I have always operated under the "deny everything" approach. However I think it will eventually get to a point where I won't care if my parents know or not. I'm pretty sure my mom knows already, but has just chosen to ignore it. My dad... IDK.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I think it really depends on your particular situation and how your parents will react.

I was going to say this. There are no "this is the only way to do it"; You know your parents better than anyone else would, so you should know how best to deflect suspicion.

goodnitesgirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think it depends on the situation. If possible it may be best to keep it to yourself but if you are busted its usually best to come out with at least some form of the truth. Either tell the parents you have the diaper fettish or go with you are having issues wetting the bed. Both have risks of being sent to either a doctor or shrink so you need to feel out the situation but if you are ever caught parents aren't likley to just let it go and its better to be upfront than them think you are some child molesting pervert or raiding your room for diapers every few days.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You know, lying can be a good thing. It's not always a bad thing to be dishonest. In many situations dealing with parents and *B/DL stuff, lying would be the best option for all involved.

As for me, my mom probably knows some things because of situations where there was no point in lying. Things were pretty obvious as they were. However, we've both chosen to go with the "what I do is my own business" approach to the whole thing. She hasn't asked any questions about it and I haven't really told her much. It's not that she'd disown me or anything if she knew everything. She's a very open minded person. It's just that we both view sexuality as a personal thing. I'm kind of uptight about discussing sexual things and she, thankfully, respects that.

dlt88

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
To be honest, i'm not quite sure what I would do if "confronted"......

I'm an open book with everything else in life, so I doubt I could come up with some sort of satisfying excuse as to why I have diapers in my closet or even worse why I am wearing a diaper.

Liars suck big sweaty monkey balls, anyway.

I think if it came right down to it, my parents and friends would be "accepting". I'm sure they would be weirded out, but I think they know me well enough to know that i'm not a perv. Who are they to judge me based on whats going on inside my bedroom?

S

soren456

Diapers are a chief motor in my sexual imagination. But that's my own business and will always be my own business.

There's nothing my parents can add to it, no way they can facilitate it, no permission I need from them.

It's never caused a problem, so I owe no explanations and seek no discussion.

If for some reason I were confronted about it, I would lie. I'm not ashamed, it's just that diapers would become an elephant in the room.

So, I picked option Four.

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I have had it a few ways. I was first caught with diapers in the bottom of our trash and when mentioned about it i lied and said that was just a phase i was going through. I was confronted a few more times on the matter and continued to lie about it. It wasn't until my mother actually bought me some diapers thinking i had a problem. I then fessed up saying it was more a sexual desire. Displeased about it she avoided me for the next week or two, then life resumed after that. Before i set out to college my parents asked me to discontinue as it might seem socially unfit for me. I agreed, but it wasn't long till i was back in diapers. Now as i am a few 100 miles away from home what i do now is my own business, but i don't want to risk my business to collide with my family again.

If i had it my way i wish that i told the truth at first and then be somewhat accepted by it, but several things in my past life told me to lie about it. That and the initial embarrassment by it.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
:bunny:Thinking back to my teen years, I'm sure after wanking off in my bedroom, I didn't walk into the living room and announce: "Hey, everyone, I've been in my room for awhile and I just got done choking my chicken! Oh, no need to get up, I'm a little drowsy, but I think I'll just go into the kitchen and have a drink."

I think most parents do not and would prefer not to know what their adolescent child is doing in their private time.

Both of my sons are adults now, I still do not know or care to hear about their particular sexual/lifestyle proclivities. I certainly would not be judgemental regarding their lives and life choices. If they came seeking my advice I might give them my best opinion, but would prefer that, as adults, they had others to confide in.

The right to privacy is a basic human right, this includes the choice to NOT disclose these things to anyone you do not wish to know. This is not lying or lack of truthfulness. I do not need to have a shirt that says: HEY, I am wearing a diaper - Just wanted to be honest with you! :bunny:

S

secretdl26

With my current situation (depending on my parents for both some of my college expenses and living expenses) I would have to lie. I do not believe either of my parents would be accepting of my DL side, and thus I must lie about evidence they may find. I have only been "caught" (in the least severe sense of the word) and after denying any knowledge about it, the topic was dropped. When I live on my own and no longer rely on my parents, I may take a different stance, however that will not be for a while.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Well I was confronted..and I denied everything.

Now according to my dad I have/had either....

a.) a 'wierd' fetish
b.) urinary incontinence

He asked about both, and I denied it. I told him whatever it was, I was now 'better' and it wouldnt happen again. (him finding diapers).

I went with the last option, its really none of anyone's business.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
i checked "what i do is my own business."

it's not a matter of truth or lying for me. even if i was caught waist-deep in a pile of diapers and pacifiers and stuffed animals, my only comment would be "none of your business." and i would certainly never volunteer the information to someone unless i was in a pretty serious one-on-one relationship with them.

i can't even think of an occasion when i've been required to lie to anyone to cover up my AB/DL side. if i need to i just use vague wording, and people assume that i'm alluding to something i don't want to talk about and they respect my privacy by not asking any further questions.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Carer
Here's the thing there are reasons to tell the truth and there are reasons to lie. If I told my parents the truth about everything that I have done in my life I am sure it would destroy them however it would relieve the burden of carry the secrets from me it would burden them much more so they will remain ignorant. Basically I think that you have to weigh the pros and cons and if it benefits others for the truth to be told than do it but if it makes things easier for you and harder on others than you should tell a lie

babibear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
:bunny:Thinking back to my teen years, I'm sure after wanking off in my bedroom, I didn't walk into the living room and announce: "Hey, everyone, I've been in my room for awhile and I just got done choking my chicken! Oh, no need to get up, I'm a little drowsy, but I think I'll just go into the kitchen and have a drink."

I think most parents do not and would prefer not to know what their adolescent child is doing in their private time.

Yah, I don't think my parental units would have wanted to know what I kept locked in my cabinet. Since my fetishes didn't affect my day to day life or my social relationships I rather felt it wasn't information that my progenitors needed from a parenting point of view.

Mind you, that's me.

Clearly there are some teenagers in these forums that have some significant social and psychological matters and telling parents/professionals about this urge might be helpful.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Can you imagine what the world would be like if we could all read each other's minds and knew exactly what everyone was thinking. All of the deepest and darkest secrets would become revealed. I think we would be shocked to learn how imperfect we all are. For these very reasons we keep this kind of information to ourselves, and when caught, lie. As the poet Paul Lawrence Dunbar wrote, "We wear the masks."

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Can you imagine what the world would be like if we could all read each other's minds and knew exactly what everyone was thinking. All of the deepest and darkest secrets would become revealed. I think we would be shocked to learn how imperfect we all are. For these very reasons we keep this kind of information to ourselves, and when caught, lie. As the poet Paul Lawrence Dunbar wrote, "We wear the masks."

I have thought about that so many times, and it is extremely interesting to me.

I mean, if I think about all of the people that I've come across in life...there have got to be at least a thousand. And a fair number of them have gotten to know me pretty well.

And not a SINGLE one of them knows about my ABism (I've told a few about my teddy and even showed one person my sleeper...but I never went into the AB aspect of it all). Nearly everyone in my life would be shocked if they knew all of these AB things about me...especially because a lot of them have probably never even heard about it.

So what makes this so completely interesting is...imagine all of the things about the people you know that could be going on. There are probably things about them that you haven't even heard of and would be shocked if you knew.

It's all the more reason to be self accepting and proud of who you are. Sometimes other people seem so perfect and you feel like you're so flawed yourself....but they might feel that you're perfect and that they themselves are so flawed.

Status
Not open for further replies.