Trucking While Diapered

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirCadvan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So I thought I'd start this thread to complete several things.

If you have read my intro post which you can find here. You will notice that I am a truck driver. I've seen some posts by truckers on this site, but none that are any recent. Which leads me to my series of ideas.

1st: I'm looking for diapers that may be comfortable to drive in while still having the look and feel of a kid diaper. I'm not into just plain white diapers. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

And

2nd: These past few years the Trucking industry has changed (pun intended)a bit. I won't claim to know everything about trucking as I am still learning some things here and there. But I want you (the members here) to feel free to ask anything related to the world of trucking. I am open to answering any question to the best of my knowledge. I can also give information to those interested in a new career choice.

Well, I'm off to other threads. And look forward to replying to those who post here.

Cheers- Written in Madera CA -PT-

What do you do all day while you drive? Is there deadlines to what you deliver? I also feel that when i wear and drive it feels awkward to use the pedals. I feel that a thick wet diaper may make double clutching difficult. But you know ABU premium diapers rock. How would you even get them delivered?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Can the DOT just inspect your truck?

GunLover94 said:
What do you do all day while you drive? Is there deadlines to what you deliver? I also feel that when i wear and drive it feels awkward to use the pedals. I feel that a thick wet diaper may make double clutching difficult. But you know ABU premium diapers rock. How would you even get them delivered?

Wonderful questions. To answer the first, it's quite simple, I'll listen to music or Talk on the phone. (Unfortunantly sometimes I have no one to talk to or am tired of the same music) Honestly I need some more friends talking on the phone kills so much time.

To answer the second question... YES. Not only do I have a deadline to drop off a load, I also have a dead line to pick up said load. Customers hate when we are late and some may even reject your load depending on how late you are.

And then your final question. When I return home this week, I plan on stopping of at a post office to get a PO Box. Very convenient and they will hold packages forever (not litteraly)

GunLover94 said:

Yes they can. They need no reason and can take as long as they want.

Written in Madera CA -PT-

For your diaper choice, I would recommend you look into Bambino Diapers and AB Universe websites. You can probably find what you are looking for.

As far as comfort goes I would look into the ABU preschool. I had a sample of them and they were super comfy and somewhat discreet since they are cloth backed. They also have very cute childish designs and I hope they add more in the future. I'd personally love for them to do a little paws variant.

Not sure on absorbency since I very seldom use my diapers and when I do I don't wet but from what I hear even for a "day wear" diaper they're amazing.

Reactions: Stunter
GunLover94 said:

If they have same powers as the UK DVSA then yes

- - - Updated - - -

I'm a Truck driver in UK but drive an MAN auto rigid and drive and work in Diapers ok
Wolfpack is a semi driver and owns his own rig

Keep in mind that sitting is probably the most challenging position for a diaper to not leak in. If you're used to wearing and wetting diapers in other situations like standing or laying down, you'll want to keep in mind that you can't let yourself get as wet as you used to. You'll need to wear at least decent diapers, and change when needed.

I'd also just plan for the occasional leak. Get a seat cover that's washable. Upholstery is hard to clean, especially in a vehicle. Always keep a change of clothes and a few spare diapers in your truck, along with a black garbage sack or two and some 1gal ziplocs. Even if you intend to wear 24/7, you should still bring along one pair of underwear in case some extreme situation comes up and diapers turn into a bad idea at the time.

Choose a diaper that's got a good balance of sap and pulp. You need some wetness locking, but you don't want it to swell up a lot and plug up the crotch and cause further wetting to flood upward, those can quickly become very large leaks.

PamperedTechie said:
Wonderful questions. To answer the first, it's quite simple, I'll listen to music or Talk on the phone. (Unfortunantly sometimes I have no one to talk to or am tired of the same music) Honestly I need some more friends talking on the phone kills so much time.

To answer the second question... YES. Not only do I have a deadline to drop off a load, I also have a dead line to pick up said load. Customers hate when we are late and some may even reject your load depending on how late you are.

And then your final question. When I return home this week, I plan on stopping of at a post office to get a PO Box. Very convenient and they will hold packages forever (not litteraly)

Yes they can. They need no reason and can take as long as they want.

Written in Madera CA -PT-
A bit more on the dot inspection answer. They can't on private property like truck stops and other "owned" areas anything considered public they have the right but "ONLY IF YOU ARE ON DUTY" I can't stress this enough. If you are in the sleeper and they knock Do NOT sit in the driver seat make sure you are standing or speak through the sleeper vent. If they ask you to move and you are out of hours get their dept name, badge #, and unit # as well as name, time and location. If something happens and you go to court you can prove that an officer required you to move passing 100% liability to them. Also if they want to inspect and your off duty or in sleeper berth politely tell them to kiss your a** and go away. So long as you are off duty you are not subject to inspection unless a major saftey concern is noted and fully visible. (Which shouldn't ever happen if you do your pretrip correctly). [emoji12] just a few tips for the newbies but remember rule 1 be polite as much as you can they are workers on a job just like you a few kind words and a yes sir will go a LOOONGGGG way at getting out of a ticket or at least getting it knocked down.

GunLover94 said:

Another thing to do while driving is bull Shit on the CB radio. Get a good group going the same direction hours fly by. My truck is not governed so I usually out run most drivers radio range pretty quick but If I get a good conversation going I'll usually ask what company they drive for and set my cruise to their speed. (Yes you can judge their speed by their company..[emoji13] [emoji13] [emoji13] swift is 62 or 68 for O/O, jb hunt is the speed of a drowsy sloth on benadryl lol about 61-63, celadon is 63 company 65 O/O, basicly most company trucks have trouble exceeding 65.)

I drive with an L4 abena I have no major issues, can make it through a full shift with no leaks, main deal is fit. Make sure it fits and before putting on run fingers under the leak guards to make 100% sure they stand up. Also helps for comfort if you bend the pad in half long wise to kind of make a bowl helps in comfort and also prevents it from bending a weird way or inward.

Double clutching????[emoji15] [emoji15] what's that?? Lol TBH I been driving trucks for years never learned how to Double clutch still don't know. Tbh you don't need to DC a truck if you learn your trucks rythem. I can granny shift when I need to (single clutch) but most times I only use the clutch to take off I float up all 10 and down all 10. The key is in throttle control if your engine speed is just right she will slide in and out of gears with zero resistance if she get a bit stubborn lightly burping the throttle will dislodge a stubborn gear. Get too rough and you can throw the drive shaft out the back but that's if you really hammering on it if it ever gets that stubborn just tap the clutch save yourself the money, trouble and time. There's a time and a place for a clutch but with new drivers I've seen the clutch get them into more trouble then it save them if I ever take a trainee I will literally have them sit there and watch the entire first day and take notes of when I shift and what RPM the truck is at. And at the end of the day I'll find a nice deserted Frontage Road and then I'll let them figure out how to float if they have a lot of trouble with it I have a fold-up chair that I'll put right next to the driver seat I'll put my hand on top of theirs on the gear shift in my foot on top of their on the pedal and I'll control the pedal and the gear shifter but it allows them to get a first-hand feel of how it works usually after that they get it right off the bat.

I have nothing helpful to add, but thank y'all for getting all of our stuff to and fro. People don't realize how important your job is, and the ridiculous amount of regulations you have to deal with. Godspeed!

BabyJ316 said:
I have nothing helpful to add, but thank y'all for getting all of our stuff to and fro. People don't realize how important your job is, and the ridiculous amount of regulations you have to deal with. Godspeed!

It means a lot to me that you took the time to thank us. I'm glad that I can serve my country after a botched attempt in the Navy.

And you are right about people not realizing how important this is... not only that but I wish people had respect for themselves around big rigs. Some people assume we can stop on a dime, that is not so. Again Kudos to you for your awesome comment!

Written at Walmart in Buckeye AZ -PT-

I drove a truck for many years running 48 state solo, I just kept my diapers on the top bunk behind totes filled with food and laundry and to my knowledge they were never discovered. I always wore abena M2 and M4, molicare and tranquility back then and kept a mix of them on board. Now I am a diesel mechanic for a major trucking company and I see diapers in trucks occasionally, though usually they are flimsy pull ups I sometimes see something worthwhile, of course they are usually laying out in the open or in the compartment with the bunk heater/ ac unit which is always embarrassing because if a drivers personal belongings are in our way we have to call them and have them move it because we are forbidden to touch any drivers belongings at all. Talking about the DOT I guess I got out in time before they really started cracking down, of course my truck was always in top shape but some of the trailers I pulled I wasnt sure they were going to make it in one piece. I still have my tractor which is a 2006 Kenworth W900b with a cat c15 and a 13 speed trans and every thing that isnt black is chrome or polished aluminum. I have thought about going back out on the road but I havent driven for a company since August 2009 and I think I would be totally lost with the new rules and regulations, not to mention I would have to get an apportioned license plate for the truck again as well as IFTA stickers and dot numbers and then find somebody who will hire me with my 11 year old tractor

KenworthW900b said:
I drove a truck for many years running 48 state solo, I just kept my diapers on the top bunk behind totes filled with food and laundry and to my knowledge they were never discovered. I always wore abena M2 and M4, molicare and tranquility back then and kept a mix of them on board. Now I am a diesel mechanic for a major trucking company and I see diapers in trucks occasionally, though usually they are flimsy pull ups I sometimes see something worthwhile, of course they are usually laying out in the open or in the compartment with the bunk heater/ ac unit which is always embarrassing because if a drivers personal belongings are in our way we have to call them and have them move it because we are forbidden to touch any drivers belongings at all. Talking about the DOT I guess I got out in time before they really started cracking down, of course my truck was always in top shape but some of the trailers I pulled I wasnt sure they were going to make it in one piece. I still have my tractor which is a 2006 Kenworth W900b with a cat c15 and a 13 speed trans and every thing that isnt black is chrome or polished aluminum. I have thought about going back out on the road but I havent driven for a company since August 2009 and I think I would be totally lost with the new rules and regulations, not to mention I would have to get an apportioned license plate for the truck again as well as IFTA stickers and dot numbers and then find somebody who will hire me with my 11 year old tractor

Oh I'd love to have that truck the W900 is my dream truck my grandfather had one now if you ever wanted to get back out on the road with that 11 year old truck call Landstar they'll handle the plates and DOT for you and I think you can opt into ifta through them if you take one of their fuel cards there's some guys with Landstar that are running trucks that were built in the 70s I worked as a mechanic prior to as well, diapers are quite common though rarely like we use
To keep my stuff away from prying eyes I keep the ones that I set aside for the day in a backpack and then the rest go in the toolbox on the back of my truck which I actually put a pickup truck tool box on the back if they need to remove it they can remove it from the outside and it locks keeps all my private stuff locked away secured to the frame with fabricated steel brackets and then all thread going up to the bottom

4099723ee7e6a6360be008d8a2dc98a4.jpg

W00T WOOT!!! My case of diapers came in today. Unfortunately I'm not home quite yet. I'll get them tomorrow evening, and will soon be enjoying sleeping while diapered. Super Stoked!

Written in Las Vegas NV -PT-

PamperedTechie said:
not only that but I wish people had respect for themselves around big rigs
I've got a buddy that trucks and I've ridden along with him a few times. I'll tell ya, an hour riding shotgun in a big rig and all of a sudden I've got mad respect for semis and truck drivers.

PamperedTechie said:
Some people assume we can stop on a dime, that is not so
From my limited experience with semis (a few short road trips and lots of Euro Truck Simulator 2), your brakes are more of a request. Like, "hey if we could stop at some point in the next 3 miles, that'd be great"

- - - - - - -

I can see diapers being extremely convenient for truckers, especially those of you with full cabs. My buddy was telling me about the times he had to use a trash bag as a makeshift toilet..... might as well get padded, right?

Last edited:
WhiteRabbit said:
I've got a buddy that trucks and I've ridden along with him a few times. I'll tell ya, an hour riding shotgun in a big rig and all of a sudden I've got mad respect for semis and truck drivers.

From my limited experience with semis (a few short road trips and lots of Euro Truck Simulator 2), your brakes are more of a request. Like, "hey if we could stop at some point in the next 3 miles, that'd be great"

- - - - - - -

I can see diapers being extremely convenient for truckers, especially those of you with full cabs. My buddy was telling me about the times he had to use a trash bag as a makeshift toilet..... might as well get padded, right?

Diapers are very convenient. They have to last a long time so I wear then thick enough to last all day. When I'm stuck crawling at 62mph, and time eats the clock away, I'm able to get in a massive amount of miles. I'll get breakfast in the morning, I have an ice chest so I would prepare a couple of sandwiches and have plenty of fluid. I'd split my day in half with the 30 minute reset.

I usually drive out my first eight hours (7 1/2 with Pre-trip) stop for 30 mins and then finish out the day.

Written in Las Vegas -PT-

WhiteRabbit said:

- - - - - - -

Depending on the current weather and traffic conditions how we brake makes all the difference.

Obviously in snow conditions braking too hard can cause your trailer to be up by your front door. Other times you might not brake enough.

Fun fact of the day:

If you've ever heard a loud noise coming from a truck that sounds like an engine belching. It means that the truck driver is using his Jake Brake, also known as engine brake or my personal favorite, engine retarder. This device intentionally makes our engines misfire, and thus slows us down. It is advised never to use these when the ground is extremely wet or covered in snow as it only slows down the tractor portion of a semi truck.

If you don't know, now you know.

I myself will be driving in and out of the Oakland California port. As a port driver I would not be allowed outside of my truck for any reason while on a port. As you may have already concluded by this point, that includes restroom breaks. But when you've got to go, you got to go.

Written in Las Vegas NV -PT-

Running 7.5 before a break will wear you out fast what I've found over the years is a 5.5 split will make things go smoother. Run five and a half-ish they take a lunch then another five and a half then shut down. I normally make one stop every 400 miles I go between 680-800 miles a day roughly. Abena L4 normally suit me just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back