Trouble Saying it

Status
Not open for further replies.

2020porter

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I sense a common pattern emerging here. For me it still does take a bit of a conscious effort to say diaper, but I've been learning to own the term. It's a little harder to say "I'm going to put on my diaper" than some other more generic term for sure.

I have had to (and continue to) erase the effect of 30+ years of shame about this hangup, and saying diaper without hesitation is a very healthy thing. It seems that my spouse has followed suit, although we have never discussed the use of this word. Just goes to show that how you present things has a huge impact on how they may be received, and how others will follow your cues.

Pamperluv

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yes I totally know what you mean! The only one that has ever heard me say "diaper" is my fiancé! She's the only one........funny how that is.

koda42

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Ahah.

It's very funny because I have the same problem in a way. Thing is I only have a problem saying it in my mother tongue.
I mean, saying the word "diapers" out loud does nothing to me, but saying it in french.. well, I just can't get it out of my mouth without turning bright red ^^'

To all of you having trouble saying diaper, do you have trouble saying it in other language ? pañales, omutsu, nappy, windeln... is it difficult ?

Puffs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
Ahah.

It's very funny because I have the same problem in a way. Thing is I only have a problem saying it in my mother tongue.
I mean, saying the word "diapers" out loud does nothing to me, but saying it in french.. well, I just can't get it out of my mouth without turning bright red ^^'

To all of you having trouble saying diaper, do you have trouble saying it in other language ? pañales, omutsu, nappy, windeln... is it difficult ?

Yup diapers in norwegian is "Bleier" and i just cant use that word, and if someone says it im like a hawk listening

nevadaguy

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I absolutely have a hard saying diaper in front of my SO. She is super understanding but it is a mental hurdle. I cannot get over it and just don't push it. I guess IF and when I can comfortably I will until then I dont feel it is a huge deal, but I completely understand where you are coming from.

Jswill1

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I still cant say it out loud. I dont know what it is. I was in a medical supply store today and I asked about incontinence products and the lady said "pullups or diapers?" And I said diapers. Wow really the first time I have said it out loud like that. When I talk to my wife about them(which is rare) i say undergarments. Which i know is pretty lame.

Theodore

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
All of my life I was scared to say the word "diaper" because I thought (very irrationally) that somehow people around me would be able to tell I was a DL.

Lawrence,
Thanks for convincing me to give this forum a shot.
It was reassuring to hear that I'm not the only one with a problem saying the word 'diaper'.
What everyone is saying about using it in a normal context more makes a lot of sense.

On this subject though, I feel the same awkward shame when I'm in a store around diapers. I can't help but look at them, and I feel like people can tell I'm thinking about them. If I'm caught staring, I try to look like a confused dad. Something about looking at them in public is just so appealing though. I'm beginning to wonder if I want to be humiliated.

Back on the original subject, I found that calling stores to ask about what diapers they had in stock has helped me with saying it. Though I still get butterflies when I ask if it's plastic backed.

- - - Updated - - -

i have the same problem, like i dont really like saying diaper so me and my GF found a word that we use (and other people wont understand if they saw out convorsations)
My girlfriend would call them "special PJ's", which probably wasn't the safest code word haha

Millbay

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Private
Hi there
I also have trouble saying diaper in public it was a big enough step typing diaper on the keyboard to find this site and even bigger adding diaper to the posts here.

Paxe

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Before I had started wearing for pleasure in my teens, I did have difficulty talking about them. The word (nappy, in my case) was so loaded with emotion and desire that I thought it would immediately give the game away. By the time I first introduced the idea to a GF, which was a pretty big occasion for me although I tried to play it down as much as possible, it was becoming easier. As it happens she was from the US and called them diapers, which I hadn't really thought so much about before. So we had a laugh and knocked the two words around a bit and that was that, there would never be any trouble with either of them again for me.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This has bought home a realisation for me. When talking to members of my close family, my therapists (therapists - notice it's plural and draw your own conclusions!) and (so far) the only ABDL Nanny I've gone to see I say the word nappy freely and without problem, no stumble before hand no change of voice-tone during delivery but...when I'm talking to staff members in shops in relation to nappies I just lock up and restrain myself vocally, I never say nappy or even brief I just say "This product" but then again I'm usually asking about a nappy brand while holding it in my hands (the package) and talking to the shop staff who's right in front of me. Now I'm usually extremely talkative and not shy of saying things that are potentially risky so this is surprising. A major factor is this - the staff in these pharmacies and mobility shops have probably seen so many nappy-buying customers you can't surprise them, also they're probably not going to think you're ABDL (not really), here's something else - these are trustworthy adults - they are not going to talk about me behind my back when I've left the shop or use me as an example if another young adult buyer comes in (I hope!), W.I.M is they are going to be confidential 99 times out of 100. I myself don't know if I want to challenge this - I feel then when I'm looking like I want to purchase nappies I throw off a nervous vibe - B.T.I.M I get the feeling the staff member knows I want them for me and she probably thinks I'm a bed-wetter...before you suggest I've only said I'm buying fro a relative once or twice and it didn't go well - don't get me wrong I was believed and my vocal delivery was really good but I don't like lying - either tell the truth or don't talk about it at all that's my philosophy! Still nice to find that realisation. p.s good to be back on here after five days!

crazything

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I really struggled with actually saying the word 'diapers' last summer when trying to tell my girlfriend about it. It was really frustrating simply not being able to say the word! I guess over the years I've conditioned myself not to say it so breaking that was difficult. Fortunately she was accepting of it and while we don't talk about it much I still refer to it as me 'being weird' rather than actually saying the word

SleepyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
yea i have this problem too...i've found myself talking with friends (non-abdls) where i ended up whispering the word mid sentence >.>

giantshrimps

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I have trouble saying the word too, and I'm fairly new to this. I call it my 'padding' for now, and before I go to bed my boyfriend will ask me if I'm padded. Works for me!

Gsmax

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I do have trouble saying the word. But that's mostly because there's almost never a need to say the word. I don't talk about my fetish with anybody offline, none of my family or friends know about it, and nobody I personally know has really young kids. So the word almost never comes up and the rare time it does, I think of the fetish because this is really the only place I use the word.

ilostthesheriff

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Isn't it interesting how strong a word can be?? Isn't it interesting how keyed-in we are to simply hearing or acknowledging the word? The simple pronunciation of it evokes a stronger than normal reaction in the mind of those who secretly use them recreationally or use them out of need.

Like many of you my ears are sensitive to the reference of any type of diaper being spoken among friends, family, aquaintance, or co-worker. We make a concious effort to quell our reaction to the word as if it somehow exposes us by simply being spoken aloud.

The term "pampers" is equally synonymous to me as "diapers".

As the opportunity arises occasionally to refer to diapers in casual conversation, it provides me with great glee to pronounce the word 'diaper' with no risk of detection of insinuation. Possibly the cheapest form of entertainment on the planet!

It goes without adverse acknowledgement that the word 'diape'r is a touchy subject and is given great consideration in the frequency and context in which it is used.

SpAzpieSweeTot

Insensitivity about disability sparks salt!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
I have trouble saying it in reference to myself. Seriously, I'd imagine the first time I wear in more than a year I'll cry if anyone knows. But I told the [B1 living soul on planet earth[/I][/B] I could trust with if, & we worked on it. Now, when wearing time comes, in the moment, I may get a bit freaked out, but if that happens, I'll can call him & he'll help me if need be.

bashfuldlguy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
All of the people here on ADISC make me feel more and more comfortable each time I use the site!
The "sameness" we share is truly amazing to me.
I also have a problem saying the word "diaper." Sometimes, I think it'll give me away when people notice how excited I get whenever I say the word. Having been very DL for as long as I can remember, it makes me very nervous to use the word diaper, so I avoid it.
Whenever I hear the word, I snap to attention and get very excited and once again I get nervous about the prospect of being "found out." It's a funny thing that has amused me on many an occasion. What amuses me even more is that there are no consequences at all if I get "caught." Just another aspect of the adventure(s) I have had being a diaper lover.
And....It's great here on ADISC because I can even say, out loud, "MY diaper!" instead of just "a diaper." Everyone understands here. Too cool.....

Littlejustin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Im not only scared of saying it but I feel as if when a DL comment pops up on a movie when people are around, I feel as if they all know or are staring at me.

Uggu

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Private
Everytime the Pampers Comercials play on TV I always look at my cellphone instead because I feel someone knows I like them and I feel like I have a happy smirk on my face when I see the commercial and I feel awkward because I feel they are staring at me. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.