• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Travel

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoo

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
What do you guys do when you have to travel and want to take some diapers with you? Or wearing them like at an airport.

I've been curious about this so post as you please.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I hardly travel, so I wouldn't know about people that need them, but if you don't need them, then don't bring them if there is a risk of getting caught.

scoo

Est. Contributor
Role
I hardly travel, so I wouldn't know about people that need them, but if you don't need them, then don't bring them if there is a risk of getting caught.
Wither you need them or not. it might be for confert and make you feel safer.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Wither you need them or not. it might be for confert and make you feel safer.
If they do make you feel more comfortable, then wear them if you want. Even if they do make you comfortable, and there is a risk of you getting caught, then I think it'd just be safer to avoid wearing them

diaperbobby

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I wear diapers sometimes when I travel and have never been bothered about them. I have taken them in a carry-on bag and/or in my checked bag and no one has ever said anything. I would say just wear them if you want to.

LaramFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
I Agree With Him, If You Want To Wear Them, Then Wear Them.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Put the diapers into the checked luggage and wear one on my butt, if I fancy flying diapered. I though the answer was pretty obvious? :confused: I doubt it'd make a difference if you put into the carry-on luggage - the scanners color-code different materials, and I doubt the plastic used for making diapers is any material you could be making weapons or bombs from, so it should show up among the other bulk of safe items, which is usually displayed in grey. The same applies to the absorbent material - I've never heard of anything hijacking or blowing up an airplane with diaper fluff! :laugh:

Peachy

PFD

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I'm older, and don't much care about others knowing that I got diapers. I sometimes bring them with me, or buy (GULP) store brand when I get where I'm going. Changing in an airplane restroom is an adventure everybody ought to try!

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Being 24/7 I wear them and keep extras with me everywhere I go. It's really not a big deal. I believe there are already several threads on here discussing the finer points of travelling with diapers... so I'll refrain from commenting further.

diaperloco

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I have a good story. So I am new to venturing out in diapers and I had to travel for work and thought why have to get out of my seat to use the restroom while on the plane? So I wore one to the airport and had 3 more in my backpack and I thought I would make it through no problem but I had a tube of toothpaste that was too big and it set off the alarm. I thought it would be embarrassing but it was kind of exciting watching a hot woman fumble through my bag and find the toothpaste. She didn't say anything about the diapers and didn't even take away my toothpaste I think because she saw the diapers.

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I have a good story. So I am new to venturing out in diapers and I had to travel for work and thought why have to get out of my seat to use the restroom while on the plane? So I wore one to the airport and had 3 more in my backpack and I thought I would make it through no problem but I had a tube of toothpaste that was too big and it set off the alarm. I thought it would be embarrassing but it was kind of exciting watching a hot woman fumble through my bag and find the toothpaste. She didn't say anything about the diapers and didn't even take away my toothpaste I think because she saw the diapers.
*faints* thats what i would do
as for me wearing travaling hmm wear to start oh yeah i forgot i havent on a plane yet. but cars don't know how but every once in a while you get a diaper that because you sit on it it makes your clothes moist and threw plastic backing. it's not good

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
the first time i ever bought diapers was actually on a road trip across the US. i figured i wasn't likely to meet anyone i knew in some nameless suburb in west virginia, and i wasn't likely to see any of the people in the store ever again. that thought helped me overcome my inhibitions, but i was still quaking with fear as i went into the CVS pharmacy and bought a package of overnight briefs. i was living out of the back of my pickup truck at that point, and diapers actually made my life a lot easier. there aren't a lot of places to go to the bathroom when you're parked on a neighborhood street in some random town in the middle of the night. i actually had to piss in a pop bottle on one occasion before i got the diapers. i bought another package outside minneapolis when i ran out of the CVS ones.

then there was the package of tenas mickal and i bought when i visited him in london. they didn't wind up fitting him, so i got the whole pack. it took up an inordinate amount of room in my backpack, so i just wore 24/7 until they were gone. by the time i left london i'd used enough of them that i somehow managed to cram all my belongings into my backpack on top of them. it was the first time i'd ever worn 24/7, and it made the time i spent exploring liverpool and dublin even funner than it would have been otherwise, but it was also extremely inconvenient. diapers don't really fit very well into a backpacking/hitchhiking lifestyle.

i also bought some diapers toward the end of my visit to japan last summer. by then it had been months since i'd had any diapers, and i was curious about what japanese diapers were like. i was planning on spending 4 or 5 days in nara by myself, so i bought some basic drug-store pull-ups when i got there -- it was embarrassing but funny trying to explain to the clerk, who didn't speak english, that i wanted a bag to put them in. they were very soft and cozy, and i wore them 24/7 while i was in nara. trying to change in the communal bathroom of the youth hostel wasn't all that convenient, however, nor was keeping them hidden in my backpack, and when i left nara i threw the rest of the pack away. i was on my way back to osaka to stay with friends, so i didn't want a bunch of diapers in my luggage.

funny thing about my stay in nara: i saw individually-packaged adult diapers on sale there in a dollar store (or rather a 100 yen store), and bought one. it was very thick, with extremely strong plastic and industrial-strength tapes, but it wasn't very absorbent and didn't fit well.

babyboy

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Little
Just wear them the security at airports have seen them before, and they have no idea you wear for pleasure, or need them for medical reason, and they will probably assume medical reason. I have had security once look in my bag (the one that had the diapers) I had forgotten that I left a 20oz coke in there and you know that is not allowed, the security person looked though found the coke (as the X-ray picked it up and being a "large" amount of liquid it was flagged) said it was not allowed past security, and gave me the option of drinking it there or trashing it (she recommended drinking so I would not have wasted the money on the soda, I was in a bit of a rush so I opted for trashing) not once did she say anything about all the diapers in the bag, she was very professional.

Skeeter

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have to travel a lot for work and sometimes I'll wear while flying for the comfort. As many have mentioned before, it makes no difference to security what you have in your bag. I've had several bags searched (carry-on and checked) while having diapers in them. You just have to keep in mind that some airports will search your bags in plain view of everyone, although this is not too common any more. If I'm am traveling with coworkers, I do not pack diapers because of this.

But when I do wear them while flying, I do not wet them. Planes are very cramped quarters and I wouldn't want someone sitting next to me to have to put up with any unpleasant smells for the whole flight. I've had enough bad experiences with heavy perfume, let alone a dirty diaper.

NEJay

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
but if you don't need them, then don't bring them if there is a risk of getting caught.
OMG... Diaper smuggler... Arrest him! :D

I've traveled many times with, and in, diapers. I usually have the bulk of my supply in my checked luggage, and a few in my carry on. I've even grabbed a change out of the overhead on a plane, and walked down the aisle to the loo with it in my hand. Nobody gave it a second thought.

The same applies to places like theme parks, Disney, waterparks, etc., where they check your bags upon entering. Nobody gives it a second thought, and if anything, it speeds up the process. It's usually "unzip bag, see diapers, zip up bag, have a nice day".

K

kitty0230

OMG... Diaper smuggler... Arrest him! :D

I've traveled many times with, and in, diapers. I usually have the bulk of my supply in my checked luggage, and a few in my carry on. I've even grabbed a change out of the overhead on a plane, and walked down the aisle to the loo with it in my hand. Nobody gave it a second thought.

The same applies to places like theme parks, Disney, waterparks, etc., where they check your bags upon entering. Nobody gives it a second thought, and if anything, it speeds up the process. It's usually "unzip bag, see diapers, zip up bag, have a nice day".
When I went to the NY public library, I had diapers in my bag and they checked it, buy my bag has a compartment with a difficult to see zipper, so I just didnt open the "hidden" compartment the diapers were in. I was fine.

angelabauer

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
The very first time I boarded an airliner was in 1981 when I was just 17 and moving to university. That was more than 20 years before 9/11, yet there was some sort of airport security. Knowing my size Attends were in stock at the general store on my campus I only packed a few in my checked suitcase and had 3 spare in my carry-on bag. There was no embarrassment with security. Between getting off the airplane and getting on the bus for a 3 hour ride to my university I changed Attends in an airport ladies room.

Since then I must have gone through security checks many thousand times. The system is the same in Federal courthouses as at USA airports, except we are allowed to bring in bottles of water.

I have learned to pack my large tubes of Desitin in checked bags and take the chance I will not need any in-flight. Nobody has ever embarrassed me during a security check.

scoo

Est. Contributor
Role
Very interesting answers. I started this thread so If I ever get any I'd know what to do with them if I need them for travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.