Transitioning To Wearing Diapers 24/7...

AngelKitten

Diapered But Proud!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
Hi. Just a quick update on how I have been doing lately. I am very well and happy, though my condition of incontinence has worsened over the last few months to the point that I have decided to manage it by wearing diapers all the time, 24/7, starting tonight. This is going to be somewhat of a challenge for me, requiring much more frequent changes day and night. Fortunately I have ample supplies so as to enable me to wear diapers all the time now. Thankfully I am very much used to wearing them, and I consider diapers practical and comfortable as well. I see no other alternative at this point other than wearing diapers day and night, otherwise, I will definitely have an accident in public. Wish me luck as I hopefully make this transition a successful and smooth one.

Reactions: Freddie07601, newAB43, geka and 20 others
Last edited:
Reactions: newAB43, Edgewater, Diprs2 and 1 other person
Thank you !!!

Reactions: PaddedRita and Edgewater
I have been in diapers 24/7 for 3+ decades now.

Reactions: newAB43, Davvyboy, Edgewater and 2 others
I have been in nappies for 24/7 for over 30 years and looking at my lifetime a total of about 52 years, they are just underwear

Reactions: newAB43, Davvyboy, Edgewater and 3 others
I would say to anyone having to switch to nappies 24/7 it is not a big deal. Honestly after a while they just become a way of life and wearing them is as normal as breathing.

• Haha
Reactions: newAB43, chuck, Davvyboy and 6 others
You well get use to wearing diapers. And maybe make fun of the whole situation.

Reactions: newAB43, Davvyboy, Edgewater and 1 other person
Well, I've been wearing diapers for about five years now, just not all the time day and night. Fortunately, I do like the comfortable feel, look, and function of them, so I suppose going 24/7 will not be that hard at all for me.

Reactions: newAB43, TommyTheDiaperDuck, Davvyboy and 5 others
That final transition from wearing mostly to wearing 24/7 is a big one for sure. Once you get used to it though it seems most people end up saying they wish they had done it sooner.

Reactions: newAB43, Kellycares, Davvyboy and 11 others
Good Luck!!

Reactions: Davvyboy and Edgewater
Slomo said:
That final transition from wearing mostly to wearing 24/7 is a big one for sure. Once you get used to it though it seems most people end up saying they wish they had done it sooner.
i had it forced upon me, but i was a dl before my injury abd yes id have loved to be 24/7 for wetting, only. luckily i have bowel control.

Reactions: Davvyboy, Neroforte, Edgewater and 1 other person
Sooner or later you will forget you have them on :)

Reactions: newAB43, Davvyboy, Edgewater and 4 others
Good luck! Hope you are leak-proof. What brand/type of diaper did you select?

Reactions: newAB43, Edgewater, freedom69 and 1 other person
Slomo said:
So true! That is especially the case for those of us who struggled for control, mapped out every restroom wherever we went, and wore a diaper only when we thought the risk of an accident was at its highest.

After so many accidents, we just gave in to the inevitable, and ... life got better! No more worrying, no more rushing to the loo, no more wetting or making excuses for why you have to go home or can't go somewhere. When it gets to the point that diapers make your life more normal, that is when you *need* them. You don't have to wait until you're wetting yourself in public everyday. In fact, you shouldn't wait that long.

Reactions: newAB43, Kellycares, Davvyboy and 14 others
Brandi said:
So true! That is especially the case for those of us who struggled for control, mapped out every restroom wherever we went, and wore a diaper only when we thought the risk of an accident was at its highest.

After so many accidents, we just gave in to the inevitable, and ... life got better! No more worrying, no more rushing to the loo, no more wetting or making excuses for why you have to go home or can't go somewhere. When it gets to the point that diapers make your life more normal, that is when you *need* them. You don't have to wait until you're wetting yourself in public everyday. In fact, you shouldn't wait that long.
Being a very active person when the leaks and when hot the #2 would happen. The only thing was diapers for both. The #2 didn't happen all the time thank GOD for that.
Diapers are like glasses or warm cloths when it it's cold. Anything that helps a person get by should not be thought of as shameful. Enjoy life and don't worry what others think.

Reactions: newAB43, Davvyboy, PaddedRita and 5 others
Well Said Brandi, although I still struggle with my mental image of myself

Reactions: newAB43, Davvyboy, Edgewater and 1 other person
Hi Chuck, in answer to your question- - - I use Abena L4's with Tranquility booster pads, or Better Dry's. I am having a little trouble wearing diapers 24/7 atm, but overall, I am getting to the point where I will wearing full-time. Thanks for the replies everyone!

Reactions: newAB43, Edgewater, TeddyBunny and 3 others
I know you said you have ample supplies, but take cloth diapers into serious consideration for night use. They'll help stretch out you supply as well as allow you to control the amount of absorbency you need.

I don't know if this is true for others, but for me BM accidents have become more frequent over time. Just be mindful of that.

G/L with the padded bottom đź‘Ť

Reactions: newAB43, Edgewater, TeddyBunny and 3 others
Cloth are good, but you will feel constantly wet i them, you will also need waterproof pants ( I recommend Gary), and I would also suggest a waterproof pad, also a good barrier cream unless you want a nappy rash.

Reactions: newAB43, Edgewater, TeddyBunny and 2 others
The hardest thing for me is travel, a lot of extra stuff to bring and daily laundry (never found a disposable that doesn't leak at night when I sleep on my side). Diapers 24/7 may not be ideal but they sure are a lot better than wet pants and I kind of cringe at the thought of catheters.
Cloth and water-proof pants with a bed pad work for me

Reactions: newAB43, chuck, bdale and 4 others
Back