Tranquility ATN's

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I recently bought a case of Tranquility ATN's and was surprised how little
they hold like 27 or 28 oz's that's not an all night diaper to me!!
Molicare's hold like 60 some oz's and Abena 80 some over 100 oz's there
more of an ATN then these diapers.
if you add a booster pad you might get a little more capicity out of them.
Why do these diapers hold so little espcially if their supposed to be an all through the night diaper.
Has anybody else tried thease diapers? and what did you think?
I think I'll stick with abena's or molicare's.:dunno:

Ranger

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
I use an ATN everynight, and so far have had no leaks from them.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I think the ATNs are over-rated for the price. A lot of folks here seem to be addicted to them for some reason... I think it is b/c of the way they swell up when wet. ATNs use a lot of gel in their padding... it means they don't wick very fast... but they do swell to be quite large considering.

All the places that I have seen offering ATNs by the case charge about $1 per diaper. It's not horrible... but for around $1 I can get Dry 24/7s which are far superior in terms of capacity.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
When I tried ATNs (granted, it was a few years ago and they may have changed), they also had a weird shape that didn't quite agree with my body. I never managed to put them on properly - they'd always cut into my legs while leaving too large a gap at the waist.

Also, keep in mind that the capacity of a diaper also depends on how and how often you wet it. Flooding it will give you a different absorbency than leaking a little bit every once in a while. However, some diapers may stand up to a flood better than others do, which may be the reason why the ATNs didn't quite work that well on you.

Peachy

Role
Diaper Lover
I love them, but I have never had anything better.

I think it is b/c of the way they swell up when wet.
:D

Dry 24/7's might be a little TOO BIG imo, in terms of getting huge. And making my ass bigger than ATN's.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
I love ATN's! If you don't like them, theres not much out there that is more absorbant in my opinion. I even like them over Molicare Super Pluses. Thats just my opinion.

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
they leaked on me again last night. it's a good thing I wear plastic pants overmy disposable diapers.
but I think molicare's and Abena's work better for me at night. I tend to flood my diapers.
but my point was for these being an ATN diapers they should have a capacity equil to Molicares or Abena's especially at $1.00 per diaper.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Get Dry 24/7s next time... same price... twice the diaper.

diapeybabybrian

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Are they really the same price? Dry 24/7 were way too expensive for what they were worth. They do hold about the same amount as Tranqs.

Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
If you're having problems with leaks, you might want to go to cloth. They'll hold a LOT more, and washing them really isn't a big deal. Just make sure to wash your plastic pants separately, and let them dry naturally.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
I recently bought a case of Tranquility ATN's and was surprised how little
they hold like 27 or 28 oz's that's not an all night diaper to me!!
Molicare's hold like 60 some oz's and Abena 80 some over 100 oz's there
more of an ATN then these diapers.
if you add a booster pad you might get a little more capicity out of them.
Why do these diapers hold so little espcially if their supposed to be an all through the night diaper.
Has anybody else tried thease diapers? and what did you think?
I think I'll stick with abena's or molicare's.:dunno:
I use ATN's quite a bit during the day for a thinner alternative. I don't find them to be as bad as you say. Everyone has different results, though. I find ATN's to fit my body shape the best of any diaper out there. I really would like to wear secure xplus more often, but they leave gaps at my legs which is never good in a diaper :eek:

Role
Diaper Lover
Ive been using molicare for a while now, and I absolutely love em! Granted, they arent the cheapest out there, but they sure do the job!

Status
Not open for further replies.