Traditional jelly-mould sandals

Sissyleslie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Sissy
I love the old-fashioned jelly-mould sandals that children used to wear. It takes me back to my childhood, when I was a boy. I can remember when I was a 7-year old back in 1970 wearing a pair. I used to enjoy doing up the buckles- much more fun than laces.

When it came to tying up shoelaces, I was a bit of a 'late-developer'. At Primary School, there was a piece of paper pinned to a wall. On it, there was the outline of a pair of shoes. Shoelaces were attached to it. The idea was that you would use it to practice tying them up. It was quite a while before I was able to do it.

This is why I prefer shoes which don't require doing laces up. Around the house, I wear a battered pair of canvas deck shoes. I also like women's shoes such as Mary-Janes and ballerina flats. Much less fuss!

Reactions: sissybaby34 and Jorelaxed
Nice! I sympathise with you about shoe size issues. I'm a size 10, which makes finding comfortable women's shoes difficult.

JustC said:
Did you get them in the end? Any good?
Yes I did get a pair and they are very comfortable. For only £16 a pair you can not go wrong.

Wow jelly shoes for men? I had no idea...I remember all the girls wearing them but never saw any boys wearing them. Although my childhood friend John had these plastic like sandals that were like a transparent red brown. They were not Jelly shoes though , looked different....but anyway.... Perhaps in the UK Jellies were more unisex. I also loved the jackets they called jelly jackets which were a transparent plastic in all sorts of nice colors. I wanted one so bad but here again in the US theres always a bigger divide between boys and girls styles. Girls wore those Jackets way more than boys did. I wanted a transparent blue one the most. I find many clothes styles were more unisex in the UK than the States are.

I remember having jelly shoes in the 90s mainly for wearing at the beach due to the pebbles and the risk of weever fish, i think they may have been a green transparent colour.

I may have to buy a pair of the clear glittery ones at some point.

Reactions: sissybaby34
SissyAliceUK said:
I remember having jelly shoes in the 90s mainly for wearing at the beach due to the pebbles and the risk of weever fish, i think they may have been a green transparent colour.

I may have to buy a pair of the clear glittery ones at some point.
Go for it, you will not regret it!

Not sure if I'm getting mixed up here. I think that the term 'Jelly-mould' sandals was what I was thinking about. What I was referring to was those traditional leather sandals with buckles which children used to wear. Or am I getting the terminology confused?🤔

sissybaby34 said:
Take a look here, https://www.sunjellies.com/product-category/jelly-shoes/mens-jelly-shoes/

I bought a pair of the silver glitter ones and they are excellent. Sadly the pink ones only go up to size Eu 42 UK 8 and I'm a Eu 46 uk 11 .

View attachment 112343

Same situation here. I've found some amazing shoes online, but unfortunately no jelly shoes / sandals / boots that I also love in my size (UK 10). And I'd be the happiest girl in the world if I could find something like this:

tumblr_6811248bfb817271971e1efa91c07421_66ae8623_1280.png

Maybe I should join tumblr and ask the person who posted this where they got them so I can check the sizes? Even thow I like wearing patent Mary Janes, those are pretty much the most babyish-looking shoes that I've ever seen! :D

That's my problem too, I'm a size 11 and struggle to get anything decent lol. I did squeeze into some size 8s and after a while they stretched a little, however, I still couldn't wear them for too long. They were rainbow coloured glitter shoes from Next, I'm sure they still stock them. Not cheap now though.

Asos had patent Mary Jane's in a 10, I wear an 11, and they're a little tight but wearable

I love jelly sandles - I used to have a pair of high heeled types back in the 90s/00s that were glittery/transparent! Brings back memories ☺️

I think that jelly shoes are ok for the beach ⛱ swimming pool and for splashing at the hot water springs.

I used to have a pair of these! Oml the nostalgia, do need

Back