Toys you WISH you could have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tay

Role
Other
I like to surf through online toy shops for babies and toddlers and preschoolers. I also like to wander through the little kids' toy aisles at the store. Sometimes, when I'm surfing or wandering, I happen across a toy that I just stare at in awe and think "OMG I WANT THAT SO BAD I WANT SOMEONE TO BUY IT FOR ME SO I CAN PLAY WITH IT!!!"

I thought maybe other people might have similar experiences, so I thought I'd post a few of the toys I wish I could have and ask about other people's "ideal toys."

I'm NOT asking about: Pacifiers, diapers, onesies, footed jammies or blankies.

This is STRICTLY about toys. The other items get enough time in the spotlight.

I'll start with a few of mine.

The Boon Flo because it would make bath time SO MUCH FUN!!! WITH BUBBLES!!!

Osu, who is the most beautiful doll I've ever seen. I want to dress him up and take him everywhere with me.

The Fisher-Price Baby Grand Piano, which looks like a LOT of fun to play with and make music on.

So, anyone else?

E

Error404

Honestly, I just want a nice night light. ^_^

Blue, with stars and moons as part of the light.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Nope, kid toys are too simple. Although I want to start collecting dolls, China dolls, though. My grama does and she has left her entire collection to me, but I want to start adding to it.

RileyKilo

StayDiapered!
Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
tehres some cool coloring books at Target that I like, i also really like the felt coloring boards. LiteBrites are awesome too.

Tay

Role
Other
Nope, kid toys are too simple. Although I want to start collecting dolls, China dolls, though. My grama does and she has left her entire collection to me, but I want to start adding to it.
China dolls are lovely, but I must say that I prefer the resin dolls like Osu. There's just something about the way their skin looks, especially up close.

tdlrfootedpjs

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
I want a shake and go race lancher from cars that looks like MAC the transporter. I will get one, just have to find it first.... or wait for santa.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I want more coloring books. :p

Any Sesame Street stuff ^^

Somnolent_tk

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I have... so many toys I should really not be adding any right now. XD

My whole space is covered in toys of some sort. Usually collectors items or things from the 80's and 90's that held sentimental value. I also have some cute dolls from Japan which are way too expensive.

James

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Has anyone saw the commerical for the tigger that rolls it looks way cool

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Sissy
Legos! Tons and tons of Legos!
I've loved Legos ever since I was a little kid.
And I don't mean the lame sets like the Indiana Jones ones, I mean the ones that are meant for 3-5 year olds (it says on the box :U)
I would love a few Barbie dolls as well. Matchbox cars are fun too!

Last edited:

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I'd love K'Nex! I've always loved building sets - American plastic bricks, lincoln logs, erector sets, anything you could build things with. There used to be a building set where you made bridges and buildings out of plastic *girders* which were surprisingly strong. I believe it was put out by Kenner and known as "Girder and Panel Building Set". The same company also put out a "Hydro Dynamic Building Set" where you could build what looked like chemical plants or refineries, with open and closed tanks, pipes (clear plastic tubing), valves, and other components. There were two pumps at the base you built your structure on with the same type girders as their other set. Once everything was hooked up and you filled the base tanks with colored water, you turned on the pumps and watched all the fluids flow through the maze of components, controlling the flows and tank levels by means of the valves which really worked. Haven't seen one of those in years...anyone else see them around these days?

~Pramrider

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
stuffed animals duh!!!

I already have 4 that are on my bed or with me all the time.

Tay

Role
Other
I'd love K'Nex! I've always loved building sets - American plastic bricks, lincoln logs, erector sets, anything you could build things with. There used to be a building set where you made bridges and buildings out of plastic *girders* which were surprisingly strong. I believe it was put out by Kenner and known as "Girder and Panel Building Set". The same company also put out a "Hydro Dynamic Building Set" where you could build what looked like chemical plants or refineries, with open and closed tanks, pipes (clear plastic tubing), valves, and other components. There were two pumps at the base you built your structure on with the same type girders as their other set. Once everything was hooked up and you filled the base tanks with colored water, you turned on the pumps and watched all the fluids flow through the maze of components, controlling the flows and tank levels by means of the valves which really worked. Haven't seen one of those in years...anyone else see them around these days?

~Pramrider
Hydrodynamic Building set

I was actually looking at that just last night as a possible gift for my fiancé for Christmas, so when you described it, I was able to find it instantly, in my browser history. I don't know if/where you'd be able to find the other.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
Hydrodynamic Building set

I was actually looking at that just last night as a possible gift for my fiancé for Christmas, so when you described it, I was able to find it instantly, in my browser history. I don't know if/where you'd be able to find the other.
Tay, that's it!!!:smile: Looks like this set has a better electric pump at the base. The weak point of the Kenner set was that the pump seals would leak, and water would get up into the battery operated motors which weakened their pumping ability or ruined them altogether. The other building set used the same girders. Once you built your *steel* framework you added plastic panels over the outer girders by attaching them to pins on the girders. Plastic roof panels, some with clear skylights, finished the building off. If you built a bridge with them, there was thin plastic styrene braces added to the structure to give your bridge strength to run model cars, even model trains, across them.

~Pramrider

Tygon

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Little, Incontinent

~Pramrider
*High fives Pram* Building sets are definitely my favorite--now and while growing up. K'Nex are great--I had one set that had enough K'Nex in it to build a ~4'x6' working roller coaster (http://orgs.bloomu.edu/msc/Center Stuff/K'NEX Pictures/K'Nex Loop Coaster (large).jpg) that did a loop-the-loop--it took a while to build, but it was awesome; I gave my toy dalmations rides :D 'cuz the car was too light on its own to stay on the tracks.

Lincoln logs, Legos, regular blocks, erector sets were also fun, but my all-time favorite were Pipe Works, which were large ~3" diameter PVC pipes that could be connected together with a rather unique joint system that snapped in place (no screws). I built life-size (for a kid) jungle gyms, slides, and Flintstone-type cars that I could propel with my feet & race down hills. Oh, and forts. Definitely forts.

The Hydro Dynamic Building Set... I've never seen one of those before, but if I did it definitely would have been on my Christmas list as a kid. Heck, I'd just get it for myself now if I could spare the $80... it looks really fun to play around with, especially after studying fluid mechanics...

Status
Not open for further replies.