Toys you always wanted as a kid, and never got!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
K, I thought this would be fun to discuss... Earlier tonight I was surfing around and I decided to for shits and grins look up the USS Flagg from GI Joe. Now, for those who don't know, this was THE TOY of the 1985 Holiday season. THIS was what I always wanted, but never got.

I always wanted that thing and I never got it. One of these days if I hit the lotto or I sell a book or something, I'll buy it. LOL. Now, it's everyone's turn to name one toy they always wanted, and never got.

WildThing121675

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private
When I was little I can remember wanting an N64.. but I never got it because back then we were in poverty in Illinois.

babibear

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
K, I thought this would be fun to discuss... Earlier tonight I was surfing around and I decided to for shits and grins look up the USS Flagg from GI Joe. Now, for those who don't know, this was THE TOY of the 1985 Holiday season. THIS was what I always wanted, but never got.

I always wanted that thing and I never got it. One of these days if I hit the lotto or I sell a book or something, I'll buy it. LOL. Now, it's everyone's turn to name one toy they always wanted, and never got.

WildThing121675
One word, Capsela.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Firearms of any sort, any material, squirting or not.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Oh, erm... there was never anything that I really wanted that I didn't get.

I do know when I was 12 I wanted this Winnie the Pooh lounge set, but it was like 90 dollars, and my grama insisted that it was too much to pay for pajamas, lol... that's all I can think of.

Role
Private
Perhaps, but that was far overshadowed by the fact that I knew that I'd get all the books I could possibly read, and then some.

I can honestly say that I never wanted for anything; at least nothing that really mattered. :D

Legos (+ He-Man toys) + books = parents checking in on me every so often because they were worried, as I was very quiet.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I don't really recall...

At Christmas I'd usually have a 'big present' and then some little surprises. I was never that bothered about (traditional) toys, or if I was it was only for 5 seconds and then another advert came on. :p

I think I was quite a good kid in that I knew how much I would get, and so what I wanted was always reasonable (and it was heavily vocalised XD).

Hello_Kitty

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
An Easy Bake oven.
& An actual Barbie dollhouse

Every girl (and some boys) I knew had an easy bake oven. And all I had was those lousy toy kitchenette sets with the plastic food and such. I just wanted to bake.. just wanted to bake.

And as for the Barbie house.
I had the Fisher Price dollhouse and like two other dollhouses but not one made just for Barbie. She was too tall for any of them. pffft Amazon woman.

So my Barbies were hobos, sleeping in the grass, living under the couch, usually naked and with matted hair...
I used to also chew their feet off. So they didn't wear shoes either. must have sucked walking around on nubs.

Last edited:
D

daria7483

My best friend when I was 5-7 was a boy, so I liked a lot of his boy toys. My favorite one was this 3-dimensional town thing that you could run your toy cars all over. You sometimes see mats or rugs like this, but this was plastic with lots of parts. I really wanted one, and I didn't really understand at the time that my parents would have to actually find one like that in the store for me to have it -- just writing "car set" on every Christmas and birthday list wasn't going to do it.

Also, my friend had a My Buddy doll (anyone remember the commercials?) and I wanted a Kid Sister doll to go with it. But I had a bunch of Cabbage Patch dolls and Barbies too, and I guess my mom thought that was enough.

Role
Private
Also, my friend had a My Buddy doll (anyone remember the commercials?) and I wanted a Kid Sister doll to go with it. But I had a bunch of Cabbage Patch dolls and Barbies too, and I guess my mom thought that was enough.
"...Wherever I go, *he* wants to go ... My Buddy ... My Buddy and meeeeee!" The song's as insipid as those Bouncing Babies commercials. But, even now, I *do* remember that they were from a company called Galoob. Stupid effective marketing jingles. ;)

I thought it may be neat to have a "my monster" (I think); they handcuffed to you. I never did get one, but that was okay. The desire to be handcuffed to a monster was fleeting in both my mind and in the public desire. :)

babibear

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
"...Wherever I go, *he* wants to go ... My Buddy ... My Buddy and meeeeee!" The song's as insipid as those Bouncing Babies commercials. But, even now, I *do* remember that they were from a company called Galoob. Stupid effective marketing jingles. ;)
Yah, I recall 'My Pet Monster'. There was a one season animated show on ABC as well though it wasn't something I watched. I seem to recall it being on before something I was recording and it would get caught by the VCR from time to time.

YouTube - My Pet Monster - Boggie Board Blues 1/3

ajsco

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
There was one thing - a brio trainset 'roundhouse' sort of thing, I had everything that brio ever made but this one thing I did not get, I had it on every christmas list from age 5 til about 11, then abandoned all hope.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
.22 cal rifle.

My dad has one though.

2x 9mm hand guns

50 cal sniper rifle....

Well I think you know why I never got the crap :p

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Growing up I remember wanting a Sega Game Gear. I never got one because it was too expensive and my parents figured I'd lose it or break it. Other than that I can't think of anything else, though there probably is more.

spacemanBEN

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
Well obviously there were many things growing up that I wanted, but never got. I don't think I obsessed over things I wanted though, so when in reality when I didn't get them, I wasn't too disappointed. I don't remember anything in particular besides a specific Lego set that I really wanted. I also remember crying one Christmas because I got a lot of clothes and not a lot of toys. Seriously, who gives little kids clothing for Christmas?

clothdl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
This post was a good idea and it got me to thinking.Now this is going to date me but their were two thiings i wish i had when i was young. One was a Tonka trucks the other was an etch-a sketch.

Status
Not open for further replies.