Status
Not open for further replies.

theQman

Little Guitarist
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
So yesterday a friend and I were hanging out when we drove past a Toys R Us. Obviously, we had no choice but to go in and shop around for and hour and a half. I have to say, it was honestly one of the most fun things I've done in a long time, and I was surprised that a LOT of the toys look legitimately fun to play with, even at this age. It's insane how ridiculously awesome toys have gotten over the last 8 years. We did get quite a few stares but I was having too much fun to care. One little girl pointed us out and said "Look Daddy! There are big boys here too!"

At the end of it all, I walked out with a big, fluffy, stuffed penguin from the preschool section (His name's Pinky :3) and a mini table-top drum kit.

So I was wondering, have any of you patronized Toys R Us or any other toy stores recently? What'd you get? What are your favorite toys you've gotten as an adult?

BabyDenise

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Recently? No.

But I have visited Toys R Us and Babies R Us as well as several smaller area toy stores.

You are correct. Many of the toys are very interesting. My only concern (and this is a personal concern for me) is many toys seem to be expensive and I have a feeling that I would lose interest in them quickly.

I have brought some toys over the years and this is what has happened to me.

DannyBBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
for me it been years since I have had a chance to go to Toys R Us, next time I have a chance I will go too one.

Akastus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I've been a couple of times recently, though I have several much younger cousins, so I have an excuse. Actually, I bought myself a Lego Technics digger kit about a year ago. That brought back a lot of memories. I've always wanted to get a Nerf gun, but without someone to exchange fire with, there's not much point.

PrincessSara

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Carer
problem with Toys R Us and such is toys these days are way overpriced even for 'adult' wallets. ESPECIALLY plushies, my god Toys R Us is highway robbery for those in any decent sizes.... I dunno, I'm not really super big on toys when I don't have anyone to play with I guess. otherwise maybe I would be.

Last edited:

theQman

Little Guitarist
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
problem with Toys R Us and such is toys these days are way overpriced even for 'adult' wallets. ESPECIALLY plushies, my god Toys R Us is highway robbery for those in any decent sizes.... I dunno, I'm really super big on toys when I don't have anyone to play with I guess. otherwise maybe I would be.
Yeeah... it's a good thing this penguin is crazy soft cause he was $20. That really bugs me considering it probably only cost like $2 to make.

Binky

Rep for Binkygirl AB Creations
Company Rep
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
It has been a few years since I have been to one. I have to stay away from there because I will spend to much money. I go crazy at toy stores.

inferno21

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I like to go to Toys r Us and look at the my little pony, monster high, ever after high, and other toys too. Last toy I got from there was one of my monster high dolls.

Zekk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
I love browsing through Toys R Us occasionally as some guys like browsing through Home Depot or Lowe's.

MickeyM

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Ive been in one last year. I can say that they didnt have a lot of my preferred type of toy. Disney / mickey mouse and friends type of stuff. Most was boring, for a 5 year old.
As far as the other toys there, I didnt see much of any thing that I would find cool. Though That time I went in, I was looking for a specific toy, I didnt really stop to examine much of any thing but I did have to roam around for a while trying to find what I was after; so that's why I say Toys R us isnt what it used to be. I've heard muggles say this too.

chuck

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
They have a nice selection of diapers.

ClandestineWing

Gomamon Supreme(ly diapered)
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I recently started working there again, so I don't need to buy their toys to play with them regularly. :D

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My wife and I have bought a lot of toys for our grandchildren at Toys R Us, but my wife bought me two different plushies from them, a dog and a teddy bear.

M

MichaelWeston

My wife and I have bought a lot of toys for our grandchildren at Toys R Us, but my wife bought me two different plushies from them, a dog and a teddy bear.

I have 10 garage bag sized sealed bags of my plushies from when I was a child up until I was 12 or so I collected them fiercely. I should get them out some-time.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have 10 garage bag sized sealed bags of my plushies from when I was a child up until I was 12 or so I collected them fiercely. I should get them out some-time.

We saved our kids plushies, and just recently, our daughter came to our house and collected them. I'm glad she still wanted them. Her favorite was Mae-Mae, a teddy bear.

Illinoise

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Yeeah... it's a good thing this penguin is crazy soft cause he was $20. That really bugs me considering it probably only cost like $2 to make.

And, in a bit of unpleasant irony for adult littles, it was probably made by an actual small child in a Third World sweatshop. :frown:

TomiDreamcraefte

TomTom
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
ToysRus are kinda few and far between here in the UK. =c But it is fun to look around when I find one. But the very bestest time that I ever been to a toy shop is at the Oxford ST shopping centre around early December. x3
All the Christmas decorations will be out and the toy section is just 110% guaranteed to make you feel like a kid again. It makes me feel pretty special. It gonna be busy because Christmas but the whole centre is just amazing at that time of year. :D

InTheOtherWorld0412

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I like Toys R Us for their Lego selections unlike other stores and Babies R Us may be good to buy a variety of nappies and may be expensive.

WaddleKitten

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Sissy
I go in every chance I get!!! Just got a clip-to-the-belt Pokeball with a Pikachu in it!!! Previously picked up nerf guns and super soakers and hot wheels cars (the cats love chasing the cars on the gravity clamp track I set up down the hallway!!!) I don't buy plushies from Toys R Us though... I buy elsewhere where ever they call to me... certain ones just have the character ya know!?!?!? It's in the eyes!!!

KidBoruto

Playful Explorer
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I recently visited my Toys R' Us. I bought 4 animated DVDs, a Jake & Neverland Pirates tote bag, and some Jake & Neverland Pirates gift wrapping paper.

I was going to buy a poster too, but couldn't find any Jake ones. Almost got a Paw Patrol one.

Status
Not open for further replies.