Tough decision but I’m committed

Ebabyboy12

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
As many of you know I was had scheduled the interstim implant surgery in attempt to better my situation and hopefully get out of diapers.

after months of research and taking to different people I was very nervous and quite honestly scared I wouldn’t get the results i wanted based off numbers. The most likely outcome was going to leave me in some kind of diaper. I already deal with depression and anxiety at times. The thought of having surgery and not solving the issue and being dry and clean again was just too much to bare.

I decided to cancel and stay in diapers. Yes I could have seen an improvement in my symptoms. What’s the difference between having 1 or 2 accidents a day or 6-10 a day?? Still have to wear a diaper.

I’m committed to be diapered for the rest of my life.

• Wow
Reactions: sport1
Thanks for the reply. I’m not necessarily upset over being diapered although it does loose its luster over time. Im more frustrated with the lack of a cure and willingness by Drs to not understand why and I will say me to use diapers as a solution to manage my incontinence.

Ehorton said:
Thanks for the reply. I’m not necessarily upset over being diapered although it does loose its luster over time. Im more frustrated with the lack of a cure and willingness by Drs to not understand why and I will say me to use diapers as a solution to manage my incontinence.
I also had problems all my life and returned to diapers and been them half my life the only other thing was cauterization.

Reactions: Ebabyboy12
I can most definetly understand & respect youre desition my friend. And im sorry that this operation wouldent help enough to get rid of the darn diapers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle and Ebabyboy12
sport1 said:
I also had problems all my life and returned to diapers and been them half my life the only other thing was cauterization.

it’s tough but a decision I don’t regret it. Cathing sucks!! Had to do it when all this first stared to make sure I wasn’t retaining any urine.

I know it was a tuff decision to decide to not have surgery and I respect your decision I too deal with depression and anxiety and decided to just wear diapers rather than go down the medication route. Don’t think of it for the rest of your life just live one day at a time and deal with your feelings and emotions on a daily basis because if you look at it the other way it will just keep you depressed

You have to make your own decisions based on what's right for you.

I'm very happy that I got my Interstim, but that's because it was the right decision for me. My results have been good, but not everyone has the same results, nor do we all have the same diagnosis or the same problems.

You can drive yourself crazy trying to second-guess your decisions, but at the end of the day it's about meeting your own needs, not someone else's.

Reactions: mickdl and Ebabyboy12
Missy1 said:
I can most definetly understand & respect youre desition my friend. And im sorry that this operation wouldent help enogh to get rid of the darn diapers.
Thanks Missy1!!
Missy1 said:
I can most definetly understand & respect youre desition my friend. And im sorry that this operation wouldent help enogh to get rid of the darn diapers.
jasonm03 said:
I know it was a tuff decision to decide to not have surgery and I respect your decision I too deal with depression and anxiety and decided to just wear diapers rather than go down the medication route. Don’t think of it for the rest of your life just live one day at a time and deal with your feelings and emotions on a daily basis because if you look at it the other way it will just keep you depressed
Thank you and great advice of dealing with things a day at time.

ltaluv said:
You have to make your own decisions based on what's right for you.

I'm very happy that I got my Interstim, but that's because it was the right decision for me. My results have been good, but not everyone has the same results, nor do we all have the same diagnosis or the same problems.

You can drive yourself crazy trying to second-guess your decisions, but at the end of the day it's about meeting your own needs, not someone else's.
I’m thrilled to read you’ve had good success with the interstim implant. I know through reading other people’s testimonies it can work and be very successful.
A large part of the initial decision to moving forward with scheduling the surgery was to please others. My wife included. Diapers are looked down upon by a lot of people. I

I actually like being diapered most of the time. Yay cleaning up a poop filled diaper is a pain sometimes but I’ve gotten use to it now. Interstim for me wasn’t going to be success without removing the need for me to wear a diaper, pad, or the need to cath. Reality was that probably wasn’t going to be the case for me. So it left me in a tough spot.

• Sad
Reactions: sport1 and ThePaddedTurtle
No one gives you a guarantee with surgery.

Reactions: sport1 and Ebabyboy12
Ehorton said:
As many of you know I was had scheduled the interstim implant surgery in attempt to better my situation and hopefully get out of diapers.

after months of research and taking to different people I was very nervous and quite honestly scared I wouldn’t get the results i wanted based off numbers. The most likely outcome was going to leave me in some kind of diaper. I already deal with depression and anxiety at times. The thought of having surgery and not solving the issue and being dry and clean again was just too much to bare.

I decided to cancel and stay in diapers. Yes I could have seen an improvement in my symptoms. What’s the difference between having 1 or 2 accidents a day or 6-10 a day?? Still have to wear a diaper.

I’m committed to be diapered for the rest of my life.
sorry to hear that, that is depressing, praying for you!!!

Seasonedcitizen said:
No one gives you a guarantee with surgery.

I understand that.

Not an easy decision. I myself have discussed interstim and botox with my doctor and my wife. But, I've struggled with incontinence my entire life, it's not something new. I've also worn diapers off and on my entire life so they aren't new to me either. It's harder when you are in your 20's and think you can beat this and stop wearing diapers completely or you've been continent your whole life and then suddenly you aren't.

I've read the journal articles on the efficacy of the different drugs, some of which I've taken, on the surgeries, and other measures. If the treatment results in significantly less accidents (or pad uses) than the placebo, they consider it a success. After my last urodynamics test, in which my bladder completely emptied so ridiculously fast and uncontrollably , I had a heart to heart with my urologist about a cure someday. He said we aren't there yet. The best I can do is try and reduce the symptoms and wear protection. Because of my high level of activity (particularly outside) and no other serious health issues, I've also chosen to stay diapered and not risk doing anything that might be risky. So I try to eat well and exercise.

Reactions: jasonm03 and Ebabyboy12
Back