• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Total member count

Status
Not open for further replies.

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
Perhaps it's a reasonable thing to question the following numbers:

ADISC: Members List
Showing results 1 to 50 of 628
Search took 0.15 seconds.

ADISC Statistics
Threads: 10,951, Posts: 205,124, Members: 5,295, Active Members: 1,373
Welcome to our newest member,
Blogs: 181, Entries: 1,087, Last 24 Hours: 2
Latest Blog Entry,

Five thousand members? You have got to be kidding me. The member list does not seem to display members with a postcount of zero. Yet, the forum statistics suggest there are 1373 active members. "Activity" means posting replies and threads in my eyes, or am I mistaken? "Activity" can mean browsing I guess. I'd love to know more of the situation. Are there really that many lurkers on ADISC? If so, perhaps a way to make the community more active is by getting the inactive members back to ADISC and try to get them posting! Otherwise we might forever stay the small group of active members we once were.

B

Butterfly Mage

I think Second Life categorizes its membership two ways: "Members" and "People who have logged in during the past 30 days".

So maybe ADISC can have "Members" and "people who have posted at least once in the past 30 days".

Oh... It does remind me of something else: do people lose their VIP status if they don't post for a week? I'm going on vacation for 8 days later this year.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Oh... It does remind me of something else: do people lose their VIP status if they don't post for a week? I'm going on vacation for 8 days later this year.
Yes you will go down to regular , but as long as when you get back you make a post , you will return to VIP when the system updates every hour.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
5000 members sounds right (I know it's right), we average by now well over 100 members a week. Newest user has a UID of 5310

redtails

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer, Other
5000 members sounds right (I know it's right), we average by now well over 100 members a week. Newest user has a UID of 5310
Would it not make sense to stimulate those four and a half thousand members to start posting instead of trying our best at "making ADISC a better place" as a lot seem to wish to do?

It's not really up to me to come up with ideas as to how to do this. I'm sure Moo is more than competent enough to figure out how to make the percentage of people with more than 1 post higher than 12% (meaning 88% of every member of ADISC has never posted a message at all..)

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Would it not make sense to stimulate those four and a half thousand members to start posting instead of trying our best at "making ADISC a better place" as a lot seem to wish to do?
You'll find that on most forums, people sign up, might post once or twice and leave, forgetting that they ever visited this site. Maybe because it wasn't what they thought or just don't seem to have that interest.

I feel that we should let people come here on their own accord, rather than keep reminding them to post. Otherwise, you'll just see them post random rubbish to just to shut us up. Then we'll complain they didn't try hard enough when they post!

Status
Not open for further replies.